PDA

View Full Version : One Event

Newton
05-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Ok, I am intrigued now, If you could choose only 1 webmaster show/event to go ,which would it be and why?

I am not talking about "meet the sigwhore" or "lets get drunk" kind of events either ;) Purely business orientated ..

Trev
05-24-2005, 02:28 PM
I would choose one of the smaller events, there seems to be a better feedback from people that have attended them.

SykkBoy
05-24-2005, 02:56 PM
it would be a tough choice between Cyber Net Expo and the Phoenix Forum

sarettah
05-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Mine would be the Nickatilynx annual Green Fairie expo :yowsa:

Just a little blue will do :okthumb:

RyanLanane
05-24-2005, 04:37 PM
I need to hit one of these, preferabbly soon - as soon as it is financially possible ... But if I had a choice the one right after the annual electronic EXPO in LA, E3 right ? I woudl come before hand ot hit that expo up as well ...

I have only hit one over all the years, and only one party .. Was thrown by Mike AI, in Miami it owuld have to of been some time around '99 I think? He had a nice underground pool, jacuzzie, was right on the ocean with lights light up all around the backyard - Heard i got more interesting after me and the ex left... She went on the condition we leave and go to fucking Disney world of all places (hahahhaa) after the convention so we only stayed 2 days, only met a few people.. Ones stick out would be Mike, Serge, Levi, some of Mike's crew, Robert Sudduth who I deal with alot at the time, and a few other people it's been so long I can't remember the names...

I do remember the balcony view of the wet T-Shirt contest (I think that's what it was) in the back of the hotel with people going crazy with cameras. This was pretty much back when people would go to the convention who weren't even webmasters..

RyanLanane
05-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@May 24 2005, 12:38 PM
I need to hit one of these, preferabbly soon - as soon as it is financially possible ... But if I had a choice the one right after the annual electronic EXPO in LA, E3 right ? I woudl come before hand ot hit that expo up as well ...

I have only hit one over all the years, and only one party .. Was thrown by Mike AI, in Miami it owuld have to of been some time around '99 I think? He had a nice underground pool, jacuzzie, was right on the ocean with lights light up all around the backyard - Heard i got more interesting after me and the ex left... She went on the condition we leave and go to fucking Disney world of all places (hahahhaa) after the convention so we only stayed 2 days, only met a few people.. Ones stick out would be Mike, Serge, Levi, some of Mike's crew, Robert Sudduth who I deal with alot at the time, and a few other people it's been so long I can't remember the names...

I do remember the balcony view of the wet T-Shirt contest (I think that's what it was) in the back of the hotel with people going crazy with cameras. This was pretty much back when people would go to the convention who weren't even webmasters..

One of these days I will go back to second grade and take that 'spelling' class again, I promise !

Trev
05-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane+May 24 2005, 09:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RyanLanane @ May 24 2005, 09:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RyanLanane@May 24 2005, 12:38 PM

One of these days I will go back to second grade and take that 'spelling' class again, I promise ! [/b][/quote]
Hahahaha

I've only been to one show myself and met all of the Netpond crew(Nick ran it then). Sat at one of the Netpond tables for the AVN awards the night Netpond got the award for best community site (thanks Nick :D )

Met an load of other people and I made a load of 'deals' and 'promises' but once I was back on this side of the puddle they never turned in to anything (not my doing), so I don't do big shows anymore :(

I would consider a smaller event but I already know who I want to meet and who I want to see again, when time and money afford I’ll do it that way.

TondaB
05-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@May 24 2005, 10:57 AM
it would be a tough choice between Cyber Net Expo and the Phoenix Forum
I would have to agree! Those two shows are my favorite:)