PDA

View Full Version : A thank you.

sarettah
05-20-2005, 06:51 PM
I have been putting the challenge together since about April 25th, so just about a month ago.

As usually happens when you think you are going to have time, life comes up and interrupts. I got thrown several major projects in that time and did not end up with near the amount of time that I needed to pull this off.

I want to say thank you to:

Nickatalynx and Gonzo and Newton (the New COO of Oprano) for the support and for allowing me to clutter the board with the contest stuff.

All the participants:

Trev and Becki (although Becki flew the coop atthe end, I hope she learned something)

BillPMB and Nickpapageorgio (I think I made 2 new friends here :))

EcClectiXXX and JizBiz (EC and I have known each other boardwise for quite a while and it was really nice to know that I could ask and he would jump right in. Jiz stepped in to the builder spot even though he had all sorts of other stuff going on)

And Mr. X :yowsa: (more on that in a moment)

Our sole umpire: Dravyk who's work is just beginning. Again, before I contacted Drav, I knew I could count him in. Thanx Harry

The Various sponsors who are contributing the prizes, you guys all rock !!!

Now, 2 special thank yous.

Trev, please step up.

Trev has ended up being my unofficial partner in crime throughout this mess. He helped me retain sanity, kept me laughing and was just there when needed to be. Trev gave for the contest and as a participant. He went far and beyond what was required of him in both helping me out and mentoring Becki. When Becki disappeared this past week, he decided to go it alone with only 2 days to prep. He could have just said , Nopers, I'm out of this, but he decided to wing it. Thank you !! (and thank you Toni for putting up with the craziness that this has caused in your household, you're alright, I don't give a shit what anyone says)

And a Final Enormous Thank You to BillPMB.

He does not know it, but he was the inspiration for this whole thing. A while back, if you remember, NickP came on to the board with the most straight forward request for help I have yet seen on a board. http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=17696&hl= . When he did that I thought to myself,"Now why didn't I ever do that, just come out straight and ask". In response to his post I saw BillPMB come in and make a generous offer. When I later won the hits, my brain said, these hits are wasted unless I get some help, that inspired the contest. The first ones on my list to have involved were Nick and Bill. Now, once we got going, I was talking about going it alone when out of the blue, Bill contacts me back and says, Nah, I can help you too, no problem. It was a very generous offer and I did avail myself of a little bit of Bill's advice (not much as I ended up in a time crunch) but it impressed the hell out of me that he was such a standup guy and made the offer. He was supposed to be Mr. X (I say supposed to be because I do not want anyone blaming the mess of a site I built on him. That was all my doing, the advice was available, that I did not seek enough of it, or take full advantage of the opportunity is my fault not Bill's) But Mr. PMB, you have my utmost respect and all mny gratitude for being involved in this thing from the word go.

Thank You.

Newton
05-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Truly Delightful ..

There is not much I can add to this, but to say our heartiest congratulations and thanks to all involved in this. A sterling effort indeed :)

Trev
05-20-2005, 07:40 PM
It's been more than an honour mate.

You pulled something together that I believe shows what kind of person you really are. You could have taken all the hits, but instead you wanted more. Be it knowledge, assistance or whatever. You weren’t afraid to say “hell I can waist these hits, or I can use them”.

You’re as good as gold with me and mine and always will be. :)

Nickatilynx
05-20-2005, 07:43 PM
On many levels sar you are a fine man and a wonderful man :)

(trying to write a gayer acknowledgement than Trev's and Newtons)

:)

NickPapageorgio
05-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Sar you did well and I appreciate this learning experience that you brought to Oprano and included me in. We should watch Oprah together sometime...or Dr.Phil...

*Best gayest post right there boys. Try and top that one*

Trev
05-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@May 21 2005, 12:50 AM
Sar you did well and I appreciate this learning experience that you brought to Oprano and included me in. We should watch Oprah together sometime...or Dr.Phil...

Cocksucker!!!

:yowsa:

NickPapageorgio
05-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 20 2005, 03:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 20 2005, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NickPapageorgio@May 21 2005, 12:50 AM

Cocksucker!!!

:yowsa: [/b][/quote]
Now I see why Becki ran off. :(

Trev
05-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Good point :unsure:

Nickatilynx
05-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Oh you wanna try to out gay the KIng of The Homos!!!!

This will be soooooooo gayer, girlfriend....

here goes...

Soft upon the ephimeral nothingness of the web , there happens rarely, one whose names echos and whose character relects so forcefully the name he proudly bears.Such similarity to his names sake that the reverse does not apply to his own visage but ,nay, he, like the Cape's name he so proudly mirrors, stretches for miles and we ponder and enjoy his rich array and diversity of sights which he danes to reveal to us and we shelter and bathe in his strength from the web's storm like the mainland beaches of North Carolina welcome the sheltering protective warm embrace of the outer banks.

Trev
05-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 21 2005, 01:04 AM

here goes...

Soft upon the ephimeral nothingness of the web , there happens rarely, one whose names echos and whose character relects so forcefully the name he proudly bears.Such similarity to his names sake that the reverse does not apply to his own visage but ,nay, he, like the Cape's name he so proudly mirrors, stretches for miles and we ponder and enjoy his rich array and diversity of sights which he danes to reveal to us and we shelter and bathe in his strength from the web's storm like the mainland beaches of North Carolina welcome the sheltering protective warm embrace of the outer banks.
Oh hell, you brought a tear to my eye :unsure:

Whats gayer the post or the tear :rolleyes:

Nickatilynx
05-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 20 2005, 04:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 20 2005, 04:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@May 21 2005, 01:04 AM

here goes...

Whats gayer the post or the tear :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I was crying as I wrote it. ....

amateurs...

;-))

MaDalton
05-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 20 2005, 03:44 PM

(trying to write a gayer acknowledgement than Trev's and Newtons)

:)
muaahahahahahahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trev
05-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+May 21 2005, 01:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ May 21 2005, 01:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Trev@May 20 2005, 04:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@May 21 2005, 01:04 AM

here goes...

Whats gayer the post or the tear :rolleyes:
I was crying as I wrote it. ....

amateurs...

;-)) [/b][/quote]
Crying with laughter doesn't count B)

pushpills
05-20-2005, 08:47 PM
nice to see everyone pulling together to make things happen. B)

NickPapageorgio
05-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 20 2005, 04:04 PM

here goes...

Sounds like some of the email spam I get. :ph34r:

ThrobX
05-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 20 2005, 04:04 PM

here goes...

Makes me want to turn on some Morrissey, pour myself a Cosmo, and curl up with some good Oscar Wilde.

:bwave:

BillPMB
05-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Thanks Sar

Give yourself some credit bruddah, you've done great throughout this process in simply keeping it from unraveling. That, in itself, is noteworthy.

I'm sure everyone learned from the organizing, building experience, and learning is what it's all about. Little tricks here and there go a long way to increasing the size of the checks and wires you get.

But, sadly, I can't participate in the gayness after the way my wife raped me last night. I feel like a glazed donut. :rokk:

:okthumb:

Vick
05-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by BillPMB@May 21 2005, 08:26 AM
I feel like a glazed donut.
Do you look like one too? B)

Yes this is the all time gayest thread

ThrobX
05-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by BillPMB@May 21 2005, 05:26 AM
But, sadly, I can't participate in the gayness after the way my wife raped me last night. I feel like a glazed donut. :rokk:

Put quotation marks around the word "wife" and you have the gayest post of all! :wnw:

MaDalton
05-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by ThrobX+May 21 2005, 06:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ThrobX @ May 21 2005, 06:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BillPMB@May 21 2005, 05:26 AM

Put quotation marks around the word "wife" and you have the gayest post of all! :wnw: [/b][/quote]
lol - true :yowsa:

Inabon
05-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 20 2005, 07:04 PM

here goes...

:blink:

are you sure you did not keep a bottle of that blue stuff i brought to panama and took a couple of drinks?

cause this is gay LOL

shit i am not going to drink it today i am getting laid now or maybe not jajaja

ttyl