PDA

View Full Version : here's that starwars d/l

pushpills
05-20-2005, 08:06 AM
***Link pulled by Trev***

just in case you want it, because i don't. the link works. although I'm quite the film lover, I haven't even seen attack of the clones yet so i'll wait to see this one but will do so before the theatre run ends, attack of the clones just hasn't been important enough to climb my netflix list.

i think lucas is overrated and others are overlooked, but he is rich as fuck, i'd say a better business man than director.

twan
05-20-2005, 08:13 AM
I also saw it floating arround. It's a shame... :(

BillPMB
05-20-2005, 09:16 AM
With all the lawsuits over stuff like this, IMHO that's not a wise URL to post on this forum. I'll not download it because the people that paid to produce it deserve the fruit of their labor.

Call me old fashion, or just call me old. I don't care.

But, I think that's just wrong.

:steemed:

Trev
05-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I've pulled the link from your post!

It's one thing having the link and passing it around in private, but it's another posting it on the board.

pushpills
05-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Trev@May 20 2005, 07:45 AM

It's one thing having the link and passing it around in private, but it's another posting it on the board.
ok, just a link to another site.

Steady
05-20-2005, 09:49 AM
I'll not download it because the people that paid to produce it deserve the fruit of their labor.

I agree with you Bill...

Trev
05-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by pushpills+May 20 2005, 02:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ May 20 2005, 02:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 20 2005, 07:45 AM

ok, just a link to another site. [/b][/quote]
A link to another site offering the chance to download pirated media.

Even if I condone with pirated media, Oprano cannot be seen to.

pushpills
05-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Trev+May 20 2005, 07:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 20 2005, 07:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by pushpills@May 20 2005, 02:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 20 2005, 07:45 AM

ok, just a link to another site.
A link to another site offering the chance to download pirated media.

Even if I condone with pirated media, Oprano cannot be seen to. [/b][/quote]
arite

DrGuile
05-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Here's a brain teaser for you.

What if the movie was leaked to the net on purpose by MPAA related source as a mean to make a big splash in the "Piracy is evil and should prevail over privacy" fight?

Nickatilynx
05-20-2005, 10:57 AM
I wonder what percentage of the people who download it will watch it at the cinema anyway or go out and buy the DVD.

pushpills
05-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 20 2005, 08:58 AM
I wonder what percentage of the people who download it will watch it at the cinema anyway or go out and buy the DVD.
if they are that enthusiastic about wanting to watch it at home before the dvd, probably alot of em. pirated movies suck though, I need quality.

BillPMB
05-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Probably quite a few will go for the big screen experience, but if you've got a source file of sufficient quality to burn your own DVD why would you bother?

Personally, I'm not a Star Wars fanatic and would rent and watch it with my son if he wanted to, but that's about as far as I'd go on it.

Nickatilynx
05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by BillPMB@May 20 2005, 07:01 AM
Probably quite a few will go for the big screen experience, but if you've got a source file of sufficient quality to burn your own DVD why would you bother?

Personally, I'm not a Star Wars fanatic and would rent and watch it with my son if he wanted to, but that's about as far as I'd go on it.
Same....

I had loads of people that worked with me that used to download movies etc etc but I always thought..

1.) the time taken to find it
2.) the time it takes to download it
3.) getting all the shit to play it

etc etc

I never really bothered to do it.

The only one I think was when someone wired "Jackass" to work on the big screen in the office.

To me it seems to much time and effort to save $7.00

Peaches
05-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 20 2005, 10:58 AM
Considering it's had one of the biggest openings ever for a movie, I don't see the pirated version affecting theater sales at all. My hotel room overlooks a theater showing it and the lines were incredible yesterday, even in the pouring rain. The next showing is 11:30 AM and they are already lined up - 3 hours early.

Newton
05-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks Trev :)

Much better to go and see it in the cinema, you can't beat a film like this on the big screen and the excellent sound as well.

The government were apparently worried that due to the release of this film, so many people would take time off sick to go and see it, there were even sites set-up that would print you a sick note? The conomy for that one day was expected to plummet, according to the BBC.

Defiant
05-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 20 2005, 06:58 AM
Red and I went to see the midnight show wednesday night. Star Wars movies simply must be seen for the first time on the big screen. Yes, the people that made the film do deserve to make money from their efforts, I agree. I am still downloading the movie so I can watch it again here at home, though. Already have the work print version, but also found a link to the DVD version that someone leaked. DrGuile made a good point on this, though. I can understand how screener, work print, and cam capture versions get out, but to already have the DVD version leaked, it almost has to fit with what DrGuile said earlier.

gonzo
05-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Ill remind yall that the Feds do indeed monitor this board frequently.
Not many adult resource sites that Kevin Mitnick has ever posted on.
Food for thought.

Nickatilynx
05-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@May 20 2005, 09:22 AM
Ill remind yall that the Feds do indeed monitor this board frequently.
Not many adult resource sites that Kevin Mitnick has ever posted on.
Food for thought.
FUCK!!!!

I'm deleting this bookmark then!!!