PDA

View Full Version : Oprano Challenge Update !

sarettah
05-19-2005, 10:57 PM
And they're off !!

Well, not quite yet.

Tomorrow evening, Midnight GMT, 7:00 EST, 6:00 CST, Some fucking time PST the hits will start flowing.

Drav.. I will be hitting you up across the next couple of days because I know the other guys will be cheating their asses off, so we need the umpire to let us know what they are doing so we can copy it..err.. I mean keep them straight.

Pay attention to the progress thread in the webmaster help section. Contestants will be (hopefully) posting their sites and updating us on sales progress etc at regular intervals.

I will not be showing my site until after the shit starts, just because tomorrow has turned into the day from hell on me, so I won't be settled in until around 10 tomorrow night. (also gives me time to rip off some of their site desighs and shit because mine really truly just sucks the big one)

So, should be fun to see whether pretty sells over ugly, whether popups still do the job, all sorts of stuff to see, learn and make COMMENTS on :)

The teams are:

Trev.... (he has apparently run Becki off)
Eclectixxx with JizBiz building
BillPMB with NickPapageorgio building (currently figured as the favorites. For current odds and to make book, contact Nickatilynx)
Mr. X and yours truly

The landing script is in place and tested.
The trade script is in place and tested.
The builders are putting their finishing touches on their pages.

And tomorrow night it all starts up.

:yowsa:

iknowalttl
05-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 19 2005, 10:58 PM
The teams are:

BillPMB with NickPapageorgio building (currently figured as the favorites. For current odds and to make book, contact Nickatilynx)
Mr. X and yours truly

Damn... wish I knew Trev needed a newbie to guide

sarettah
05-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by iknowalttl+May 19 2005, 10:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (iknowalttl @ May 19 2005, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sarettah@May 19 2005, 10:58 PM
The teams are:

Mr. X and yours truly

Damn... wish I knew Trev needed a newbie to guide [/b][/quote]
It just happened like 2-3 days ago otherwise you were one of the ones on my list as an alternate and you would have been called.

Stick around, keep posting. Around here, you never know when opportunity will present itself :yowsa:

iknowalttl
05-19-2005, 11:12 PM
:agrin: .... I won't be hard to find

Trev
05-20-2005, 03:44 AM
I never would have signed on if I'd known she had such thin skin <_<

I'm still throwing something together Sar but it's going to be ooogly :unsure:

sarettah
05-20-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Trev@May 20 2005, 02:45 AM

Betcha mine is uglier :yowsa:

Trev
05-20-2005, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by sarettah+May 20 2005, 08:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ May 20 2005, 08:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 20 2005, 02:45 AM

Betcha mine is uglier :yowsa: [/b][/quote]
We've got some major copying to do :ph34r:

BillPMB
05-20-2005, 09:21 AM
NickP's is ready to fly. I dumped a shitload of traffic on it yesterday and am waiting for him to let me know what the movement was through the site.

That's a very important thing to note in your stats, because you can adjust link positions and ads in such a way that YOU control (more or less) the way a pair of eyeballs travels over a page or throughout a site.

Increase exposure to things that pay you the most and ensure that you're maximizing the value of each unique.

And when they don't buy anything? Send them off to something that gets you a fresh set of eyeballs to try again with. (or more if the trade script is indiscriminant about raw vs uniques)

hehehe

Steady
05-20-2005, 11:36 AM
And they're off !!

Best of luck to all the teams! :rokk:

Keep us updated. :)

Dravyk
05-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 19 2005, 09:58 PM
Drav.. I will be hitting you up across the next couple of days because I know the other guys will be cheating their asses off, so we need the umpire to let us know what they are doing so we can copy it..err.. I mean keep them straight.
All 'ight.

Got my guns loaded.

:snipe:

NickPapageorgio
05-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 19 2005, 06:58 PM
There's nothing in the rule book that says an elephant can't pitch. **done in my best cartoon umpire voice**