PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the Story Straight?

Brad Mitchell
05-18-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm getting a lot of phone calls from clients.

Could CCBill give me the straight skinny, because these articles are conflicted.

Which one is correct.

http://www.avn.com/articles/227053.html

or this one:

http://xbiz.com/news_piece.php?id=8787

Inquiring minds want to know!

Nickatilynx
05-18-2005, 01:50 PM
So much easier if you also c&p here too

Article One

TEMPE, Ariz. - Payment processor CCBill will update its acceptable use policy (AUP), excluding sites that feature watersports and violent content.

-advertisement-

A company representative said that sites within said niches that have already been approved will be able to process “for the time being.”

Official word is that “CCBill is no longer accepting new sites which contain or market person-to-person exchanges of bodily fluids. This mainly pertains to urine/urination, blood, or overall violent scenes or depictions.”

Several employees of the company refused to comment on the matter; however, the new AUP is said to be available this week.

While CCBill is being tight-lipped about their reasoning behind the move, it comes on the heels of the May 5 announcement by the U.S. Department of Justice of the formation of its Obscenity Prosecution Task Force. Also of questionable consequence is a March 23 subpoena obtained by AVNOnline.com filed by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Missouri, which reveals that the government is looking for similar content, which includes fisting, urination and torture.

“In the current political environment, they probably see a high risk in this type of content and they probably see that as a risk they’re not willing to bear,” says Chicago-based First Amendment attorney Joe Obenberger of J.D. Obenberger and Associates.

Meanwhile, the landscape for the other large payment processors hasn’t changed.

“Paycom has carefully considered its polices. Paycom, at its option, may choose not to accept payment processing for content that could cause an adverse effect on their portfolio. The formation of the task force has not led us to change our policies,” Paycom communications director Rand Pate tells AVNOnline.com.

Netbilling president Mitch Farber concurrs.

“Our only written policy is against sites that are against Visa regulations. We often make moral judgments on sites internally,” he tells AVNOnline.com. “If we don’t like what someone is doing on a site, we’ll turn it down. It doesn’t happen very often, but if someone is doing a rape site—it’s stuff we morally feel we don’t want to do business with.”

Article Two

TEMPE, Ariz. — CCBill Vice President Tom Fisher on Tuesday denied that the online payment processor is planning to exclude sites that feature watersports and violent content.
“As far as we’re concerned, this is a nonissue,” Fisher told XBiz. “We’re not changing our position on the acceptable use policy.”

On Tuesday, Adult Video News reported that the Tempe, Ariz.-based credit card processor “is no longer accepting new sites which contain or market person-to-person exchanges of bodily fluids. This mainly pertains to urine/urination, blood, or overall violent scenes or depictions.”

“It looks like they went out on the boards and made up the story,” Fisher said. “What they publish is not the gospel.”

Fisher said that all of CCBill’s clients are under the same “standard” contract that includes an acceptable use policy, which dictates rules on depictions of extreme violence and sexual acts.

Lee
05-18-2005, 02:08 PM
We had a guy from CCBill post about this on GWW a couple of days ago.

Seems they are now refusing to accept any 'new' watersports type sites but existing clients are fine for the time being.

Here is the link to the thread on GWW where Paul gave us some feedback on this new CCBill rule:

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/showthread.php?t=9854

Brad Mitchell
05-18-2005, 02:19 PM
I think it's probably best to talk to your CCBill rep to get clarification. That's what I'm recommending to my clients.

Sabby
05-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Well, I think its time for me to put the bat away... get my bony old ass in shape... and try my luck with the glamour MILF market...

:awinky:

Sabby:)

gonzo
05-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Wheres Corvett with the official word?

Brad Mitchell
05-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@May 18 2005, 03:07 PM
Wheres Corvett with the official word?
Most likely, CCBill will come out with an official announcement when they are ready.

I get the feeling the two reports are not entirely accurate.

As I think about it, when I owned my own affiliate program, whenever CCBill came out with policy changes, we received emails and there was an announcement on their site and on the boards.

I've been traveling around the boards today and I've seen nothing from CCBill, so I am suggesting to my hosting clients that they contact CCBill directly or wait for an official announcement, especially since these two reports are in such conflict.

ThrobX
05-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Where's the fun in that? It's much more fun and interesting to spread rumors, half-truths, and innuendo. Don't you know that THAT is the true reason for WM boards existing???

Trev
05-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ThrobX@May 18 2005, 09:24 PM
Where's the fun in that? It's much more fun and interesting to spread rumors, half-truths, and innuendo. Don't you know that THAT is the true reason for WM boards existing???

Preach it brother :wnw:

Grump
05-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Not sure why the uncertainty. One article denies the accuracy of the other article and includes quotes from Tom Fisher. The article Tom denies quotes anonymous sources.

Tom is usually easy to reach by phone, and not known for misleading or inaccurate statements, I'd suggest calling him directly.

Nickatilynx
05-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Ok....the bleeding obvious....

Someone , who it affects , should ask them LOL

Trev
05-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 18 2005, 10:40 PM

Don't say that :(

Now people will go and find out the facts, rather than sit on their lazy backsides and speculate B)

ThrobX
05-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 18 2005, 01:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 18 2005, 01:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@May 18 2005, 10:40 PM

Now people will go and find out the facts, rather than sit on their lazy backsides and speculate B) [/b][/quote]
Preach it brother :wnw:

Nickatilynx
05-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 18 2005, 01:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 18 2005, 01:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@May 18 2005, 10:40 PM

Now people will go and find out the facts, rather than sit on their lazy backsides and speculate B) [/b][/quote]
In my 8 yrs in the adult net it has never happened.

Trev
05-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+May 19 2005, 12:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ May 19 2005, 12:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Trev@May 18 2005, 01:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@May 18 2005, 10:40 PM

Now people will go and find out the facts, rather than sit on their lazy backsides and speculate B)
In my 8 yrs in the adult net it has never happened. [/b][/quote]
Have you ever got up to make sure :yowsa:

Sabby
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 18 2005, 04:40 PM

This may affect many people, even those who are just traffic.

Those who have targeted traffic for these niches built up... may not convert as well when trying to sell them something else instead.

If they stop processing for existing sites in these niches as well... and as an affiliate you've done revshare with them... then there go all your rebills...

Sabby:)

Nickatilynx
05-20-2005, 12:51 PM
I heard that both articles were wrong...

gonzo
05-20-2005, 01:28 PM
We never heard anything from Corvett at CCBill. Interesting eh?
Whats even better is the battle of the "homie hookup" over on the Zoo.

Best quote of the day...
"It is SAD how things have turned out between US.
Us meaning the veterans in the industry!! ( friends4ever ??)
– But I guess it is just the evolution of business. As saying goes – “It is not personal it is just business”. Can’t say it does not HURT.
Who would have guessed back in 1996 – we would FAST FORWARD year 2005 and see posts on board like this!!" - Holly Moss

I forget what is it shes contributed to the business to be a vet?

Dravyk
05-20-2005, 01:40 PM
This is such a pissy thread.

gonzo
05-20-2005, 01:48 PM
I take it back this is even tops the last post!

Someone put a cork in JStyles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will someone do the rest of the world a favor and put a cork in this moron.
I certainly hope the rest of the world is hip to the fact that this self promoting idiot is nothing more than a bag of hot wind. He's created nothing, he's done nothing in his life. Everything he has, he's cyphered off of other people. He's made a living off of other people originality and hard work. JStyles has never had an original thought.

JStyles is a 4 foot 10 inch sack of beans.
----------

Raven
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 20 2005, 08:52 AM
I heard that both articles were wrong...
I heard that, too. Not as Klixxx, though. As a pay site owner.

Nickatilynx
05-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Ahhhh the advantages of never going to shows... :)

I know both the names JStyles and KB.

But all I sorta know about them is...

I remember JStyles as number 2 in a couple of Old School mega corps.
KB has had a load of jobs in marketing.

Part of the very very early crew of people who despite being around in the early days didn't really make any money.

Never really heard anything bad about any of them.

And I have got no problem with either of them.

What it appears to me is two old friends bickering in public. I'll lay money they will kiss and make up...

kath
05-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 20 2005, 09:55 AM

Part of the very very early crew of people who despite being around in the early days didn't really make any money.

What it appears to me is two old friends bickering in public. I'll lay money they will kiss and make up...
Probably a very good bet too Nick.... those 2 have been friends "forever" it seems.... shit happens....

Just wasted about 45 minutes of my time wading through that bullshit... should have just read the cliff notes over here @ Oprano and saved time. lol

:rolleyes:

Nickatilynx
05-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by kath+May 20 2005, 10:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kath @ May 20 2005, 10:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@May 20 2005, 09:55 AM

Probably a very good bet too Nick.... those 2 have been friends "forever" it seems.... shit happens....

Just wasted about 45 minutes of my time wading through that bullshit... should have just read the cliff notes over here @ Oprano and saved time. lol

:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Much easier....

:)