PDA

View Full Version : GOD DAN COMPUTERS

RyanLanane
05-18-2005, 02:38 AM
This damn thing is acting like it is on crack...

EVERYTHING is fine, it is doing some weird shit with the motherboard and I can't seem to run the motherboard install disk no matter what I do. So I go in and I install windows by clicking F8 to boot direct from the CD

Goes through all the steps, then says it is resetting and BAM.... Asolutely nothing it locks right back up after telling me the Intterupts for each of the device.

The other weird thing is I can't, for the life of me, get it to recognize the SATA drive I bought... just regular IDE :unsure:

:headwall: :headwall: Help... Anyone ? :headwall: :headwall:

RyanLanane
05-18-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm going to kill it, that is the 4th time I haev installed windows this time I even did a complete hd (NTFS) reformat on a 80 gig drive, arghhhh...

Says "Setup wil complete when the computer reboots" again it goes to the page with the IRQ's listed and appropriate devices... And locks up.. nothign happens...

If I throw in the drive that was working fine on my old comp with a diff mother mboard it will go all the way to the windows screen and then reloads and repeats so it must be something to do with the motherboar drivers..

Anyone want to help before I kill myself here?

grimm
05-18-2005, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@May 17 2005, 10:39 PM

EVERYTHING is fine, it is doing some weird shit with the motherboard and I can't seem to run the motherboard install disk no matter what I do. So I go in and I install windows by clicking F8 to boot direct from the CD

Goes through all the steps, then says it is resetting and BAM.... Asolutely nothing it locks right back up after telling me the Intterupts for each of the device.

The other weird thing is I can't, for the life of me, get it to recognize the SATA drive I bought... just regular IDE :unsure:

master/slave issue on the hard drive?

sounds like your windows install is corrupt. id remove the aprtition, reformat, and reinstall. but theres probably a better answer:)

RyanLanane
05-18-2005, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by grimm+May 17 2005, 11:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ May 17 2005, 11:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RyanLanane@May 17 2005, 10:39 PM

master/slave issue on the hard drive?

sounds like your windows install is corrupt. id remove the aprtition, reformat, and reinstall. but theres probably a better answer:) [/b][/quote]

That was done 10 hour ago Grimm - I have tried about 20 total installations of windows so far.... half were repairs.. half were fresh installs lol.

However I did realize why it wasn't recognizing the SATA drive, the damn thing had a dual raid SATA setup in the BIOS (obviously I didnt have 4 SATA drives hehe) - I modified that and it is now picking up the 160 Gig SATA drive I bought.

Hopefully it works on this but I'm not counting my pennies....

Started reformatting the SATA drive about 5 minutes ago. anothe 15-20 and it should be re instlal time... so 30 - 45 minute and I should know if itworks on that drive.

What really throws me off is I finally got the damn thing to boot the motherboard disk with my drive from my old comp (that had a different motherboard) in there and ran the setup fine... Rebooted same problem... Locks up showing the lists of what is taking which IRQ's

:headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

I remember why I used to just buy the things now, LOL

RyanLanane
05-18-2005, 03:46 AM
P.S. Ran each as slave and master... oddly enough it would show fine with just one drive as the secondary drive and no primary drive.

Hopefully it was due to the RAID option for the SATA drives I had checked and it was effecting the IDE drives as well... I'll just keep posting and talking to myself till then as I have watched windows format my hard drive 3,000 times now lol ...

Edit : No that couldn't be it as I tried an install with both drives in at the same time... One did however have 30 gigs of files while one had 10 and they were seperate files which wouldn't be the case with a RAID setup of course

<Waiting and Praying>

RyanLanane
05-18-2005, 06:05 AM
Ignore all future messages, on my new comp now :) Well technically it has two old hard drives on top of the 160 SATA, a gig of 333 (need to get 400) DDRAM, the wireless mouse and keyboard, and a coupe graphics/sounds cards etc..... It's the same co,puter just a lil better

I thought it was cool as hell the motherboard I bought had Wi_Fi built in, didn' even relaize it till I got home :)

Trev
05-18-2005, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@May 18 2005, 11:06 AM
Ignore all future messages, on my new comp now :) Well technically it has two old hard drives on top of the 160 SATA, a gig of 333 (need to get 400) DDRAM, the wireless mouse and keyboard, and a coupe graphics/sounds cards etc..... It's the same co,puter just a lil better

I thought it was cool as hell the motherboard I bought had Wi_Fi built in, didn' even relaize it till I got home :)
Can it do sums :blink:

RyanLanane
05-18-2005, 06:13 AM
Super Underhanded Motherfucking Shit?

You have no idea...... :D

Time to crash, hehe ..... morning/night all

Trev
05-18-2005, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@May 18 2005, 11:14 AM
Super Underhanded Motherfucking Shit?

You have no idea...... :D

Time to crash, hehe ..... morning/night all