PDA

View Full Version : Backgammon Players?

RyanLanane
05-15-2005, 11:45 PM
I played years back, never got into doubles.. never fully understood what a beaver was until tonight... And I know there is something besides a beaver pogo offers to, can't remember what it is but I still don't know what the hell it is.

Anyways, playing at http://www.truemoneygames.com - play money as I don't know their software yet and man some wild shit happened.. I got seriously pissed as all hell and it was play money I can't imagine if it was real money hahahaha..

Anyways, rather than rewriting here is the end of a 3 page e-mail I wrote them asking them questions

Note this is after it was a 32 game when he pulled a beaver...

"
Anyways... I had a game.. it was free money but still pissed me the HELL off. The other guy's home territory had 2 or 3 spaces with one piece on them. I had all my pieces in home (cna't remember if any had cleared the board or not) and I had one guy left as a loner in the 6 spot the rest were piled in 1-5. He of course came out of the rail and knocked me on to the rail by rolling a 6 ... Now he had open spots I could have rolled and come out of the middle and knocked his pieces sitting there alone putting him back into the rail..... In other words I could of rolled like a 3 or a 5 and it would of knocked him. All of a sudden he starts rolling non stop and I can't roll at all until he got all his pieces home and got A) His first piece cleared off the baord and B) the 6th space finally opened up for me to roll a 6, which I did and got all my pieces back into home territory at least but I left pissed off as I had no idea what just happened. My screen name is rml1608 or rml704... rml1608 I believe if you want to look up my last game.

I think there is some damn rule that isn't mentioned that basically locked my from rolling again until he got all his pieces into the home area safe and sound and I don't get hwo the hell it happened or when I agreed to it nor do I see any notes about such an option ... Please explain this stuff int his e-mail to me prior to me depositing money. I like your site MUCH better than game colony ESPECIALLY with the new software... The old software was horrid but I can't wait to play gammon with the new software.. A cleaner crisper board with better graphics would be nice... other than that it is 100000% more organized I couldn't even tell what I was looking at with your old lobby"

Some of that shit didn't need to be pasted but I'm too lazy to be deleted... Anyways any 'gammon players here know what might of caused such a run of events after he knocked me there? It totall confused the living shit out of me.. I said "WTH" to him and he said "I called a beaver" ... What the hell does that have to do with me not rolling till he gets his pieces home when his bases arent covered and I can roll out ? Wasn't even rolling my die at all...

RyanLanane
05-16-2005, 02:10 PM
No Backgammon players? :) Figured Serge might at least chime in...

Trev
05-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@May 16 2005, 07:11 PM
No Backgammon players? :) Figured Serge might at least chime in...
Chess :yowsa:

RyanLanane
05-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Screw Chess,, TOO much thinking lol

Trev
05-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@May 16 2005, 08:04 PM
Screw Chess,, TOO much thinking lol
Keeps the mind sharp :)

Thats why I suck at it :(

Mindoza
05-16-2005, 03:19 PM
if i understand you correctly he knocked you...he had two open spaces 5 and a 3 so if you roll and you do not get a five or three then your turn's over and the oponent goes....Im not sure why he was able to keep rolling....It has been a while since i played but Im sure Id remember something as odd as that.

hmmmm

RyanLanane
05-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Mindoza@May 16 2005, 11:20 AM
if i understand you correctly he knocked you...he had two open spaces 5 and a 3 so if you roll and you do not get a five or three then your turn's over and the oponent goes....Im not sure why he was able to keep rolling....It has been a while since i played but Im sure Id remember something as odd as that.

hmmmm

I'm not sure if there was something I accepted after we doubled, doubled, doubled, beavered, doubel, reavered.. I think the think was at least at 64 multiplier lol ... at least it was only a gammon ... so multiply it times two again lol

Anyways I seem to remember something about the term 'rabbit' maybe? I can't remember for sure.. Maybe I will get lucky and someone here will know.

grimm
05-16-2005, 04:22 PM
beavers? rabbits? what the fuck

Titan
05-16-2005, 04:30 PM
ive been getting insane amounts of spam about backgammon last couple weeks ..

RyanLanane
05-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by grimm@May 16 2005, 12:23 PM
beavers? rabbits? what the fuck

and chickens... OH MY !!!

Couldn't resist ;)

(Lions, and Tigers, and Bears.. oh my.. )

XXXPhoto
05-16-2005, 08:16 PM
RL,

I used to play alot of backgammon at pogo, hit me up when you want a game...
domino and cribbage as well... :awinky:

XXXPhoto
05-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Good bookmark for gammon terms btw:
http://www.gammoned.com/glossary.html

Beaver (Binache): An optional rule whereby a doubled player may demand that the stakes be quadrupled instead of doubled, while retaining possession of the cube. This demand must be made before the doubler has thrown. When your opponent offers you a cube where you are actually the favorite to win it is often proper to offer a beaver if they are allowed.

RyanLanane
05-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto@May 16 2005, 04:17 PM
RL,

I used to play alot of backgammon at pogo, hit me up when you want a game...
domino and cribbage as well... :awinky:

Will do :)

I play a little at pogo as well.. BackGammon and Euchre for me there :)

Wish there was was somewhere to play euchre on-line for $5.00 a player a game or something.... This TrueMoneyGames is pretty cool their poker end sucks so I'm not tempted to play poker and backgammon actually has me thinking non stop and strategizing rather then trying to read players.. Plus for some reason I cna play low stakes and enjoy unlike poker - which is a VERY good thing! LOL

XXXPhoto
05-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@May 16 2005, 07:16 PM
I play a little at pogo as well.. BackGammon and Euchre for me there :)
I'd rather tie my nuts to a cinderblock and toss it out window than play Euchre...
I play many forms of cards but that one just seems to have way too much
luck involved... It's like playing domino to 50 or gammon for 1 point... :headwall:

You can get some pretty good cribbage and gin games going over there too... :okthumb: