PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

TheEnforcer
05-15-2005, 07:40 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/16/movies/16star.html?hp

Some Surprises in That Galaxy Far, Far Away

ANNES, France, May 15 - With "Episode III - Revenge of the Sith," the "Star Wars" cycle at last comes to an end - or rather to a middle, since the second trilogy, of which this is the final installment, comes before the first in faraway-galaxy history even though it comes later in the history of American popular culture. Like many others whose idea of movies was formed by (and to some extent against) the galactically later, terrestrially earlier "Star Wars" trilogy, I was disappointed by "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones." So I approached the recent press screening of "Episode III" in New York warily, and perhaps a little wearily, though to balance my own trepidation I brought along two fans whose enthusiasm in 2005 easily matched my own in 1977, when I was a little older than they are now and when "Star Wars" - oh, all right, "Episode IV - A New Hope" - landed in my hometown.

-----------------------------------

Click link for fll article. But the basics thrust of it is that this guy thinks it's the best of the Star Wars films yet!! :zoinks:

Zebra
05-15-2005, 07:48 PM
I've got several diehard Star Wars friends that have seen it already and not one of them has said it was THE BEST. Maybe 2nd or 3rd. Most put Empire Strikes Back as the best and A New Hope right behind it.
As long as I walk out of the theater thinking it is better than the previous two I will be happy.

Wiggles
05-15-2005, 10:09 PM
i forsee it being good, but never the best, the classics will always be the best.

gonzo
05-16-2005, 12:57 AM
WINKY RULEZ!!!

nlphoto
05-16-2005, 02:48 AM
I'm SO pissed... some fucker registered revengeoftheseth.com in JULY 2004 !

Dammit i could have done something with that... :blink:

RyanLanane
05-16-2005, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Zebra@May 15 2005, 03:49 PM
I've got several diehard Star Wars friends that have seen it already and not one of them has said it was THE BEST. Maybe 2nd or 3rd. Most put Empire Strikes Back as the best and A New Hope right behind it.
As long as I walk out of the theater thinking it is better than the previous two I will be happy.

It's a good thing I not only am totally lost in this conversation but didn't even know Star Wars was released this weekend, right? lol

Trev
05-16-2005, 03:41 AM
I can't wait to see it, but I don't do the cinema anymore. Damn chairs just make my ass go to sleep.

I'll be buying this as soon as it's released :)

RyanLanane
05-16-2005, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Trev@May 15 2005, 11:42 PM
I can't wait to see it, but I don't do the cinema anymore. Damn chairs just make my ass go to sleep.

You haven't been to some of the new bomb ass theatres they have been building (jesus did I warp back to high school there?)

Seriously though, sounds is incredible... the seats are awesome... plenty of leg room.. At least around here and I live in a fairly small town.. area's population in 60 sq miles maybe 1/2 million with 4 large cities spread around.. Town this theatre is in only 40K :)

Trev
05-16-2005, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by RyanLanane+May 16 2005, 09:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RyanLanane @ May 16 2005, 09:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 15 2005, 11:42 PM

You haven't been to some of the new bomb ass theatres they have been building (jesus did I warp back to high school there?)

Seriously though, sounds is incredible... the seats are awesome... plenty of leg room.. At least around here and I live in a fairly small town.. area's population in 60 sq miles maybe 1/2 million with 4 large cities spread around.. Town this theatre is in only 40K :) [/b][/quote]
Only 38k live in my town, we don't have a cinema anymore :(

There's a multiplex about 5 miles away though, the seats are built out of brick I think :biglaugh:

sarah_webinc
05-16-2005, 08:40 AM
I have no choice but to see it if I want to keep my geek groupie label

Trev
05-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by sarah_webinc@May 16 2005, 01:41 PM
I have no choice but to see it if I want to keep my geek groupie label
I've enjoyed all five (the originals more so) so it wouldn't make sense to miss this one :)

TheEnforcer
05-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane+May 16 2005, 02:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RyanLanane @ May 16 2005, 02:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Zebra@May 15 2005, 03:49 PM

It's a good thing I not only am totally lost in this conversation but didn't even know Star Wars was released this weekend, right? lol [/b][/quote]
Yup... opens thursday.