PDA

View Full Version : Hello, My Name Is CuriousToyBoy....

CuriousToyBoy
05-07-2005, 01:21 PM
So, here I am, 5 minutes back from my last worldly jaunt to all points Europe, and my birthday hangover, and here I have just spent the last 2 hours planning to blow the Frequent Flyer bank through the roof and be able to spend the rest of my traveling life sitting next to the pilot just by using my frequent flyer upgrade points .....

This travel thing certainly gets into your blood ! CuriousTim is rubbing off on me ! In all the good ways of course !

First, back home for a bit.. a week in Australia beginning of June ...

Next, Thailand, another week of debauchery to be had there end of June ....

Back to Oz end of July, then off to Florida beginning of August.

Not sure, but there may be some obscure country I can visit after Internext ... Panama perhaps.. Inabon ? Cuba ... cigars ? Majorca ... tax haven ?

Christmas will be spent in the loving embrace of my good friends Raven and Tev in Washington (pray for snow for my first ever White Christmas !) ..

After Christmas, Vegas to bring in New Year with my good mate ChadKnowsLaw, then the show in Vegas .....

Maybe then I might think about coming back to the 3rd world. My travel agent is loving me !!

It's not about skiting, it's about remembering ...

This time 3 years ago on my birthday I had nothing and was on the bones of my ass, living in a two room apartment (under a friends house no less), and had dinner with my parents to celebrate - this after parting ways with the partners I had the time on not-so-charming terms.....

3 years of gut wrenching hard fucking work and now I live in another country, the world is my oyster and my airline automatically upgrades me.

I am proud of myself, so I seem to overtly share the good times here and around, so be it, it's nice to let others know that they too, with hard work, can be next to me in the navigators seat up the front of the plane if they want it bad enough.

But will NOT be resting on any laurels. Hard work continues so success is not fleeting.

To all my friends here and elsewhere, thanks for your support, guidance and assistance through the tough times, and I hope I give some of that back now that times are not so tough.

end somewhat emotional self-serving post here

Nickatilynx
05-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Good on ya!!! Glad your enjoying life.
When you get to Seattle get Raven and Tev to drive you up here to Vancouver to meet the mysterious , but strangly sexy Nickatilynx.

;-))

Trev
05-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Thats an amazing life turnaround in a short time frame, kudos and good to see you enjoying the highlife :okthumb:

:)

JoesHO
05-07-2005, 02:09 PM
:D

CuriousToyBoy
05-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 8 2005, 03:46 AM
When you get to Seattle get Raven and Tev to drive you up here to Vancouver to meet the mysterious , but strangly sexy Nickatilynx.

;-))
Hey and they promised me a road trip !

Hope I get in early enough - it would be great to put a face to a name I have heard many times over for many years.

:groucho:

CuriousToyBoy
05-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Trev@May 8 2005, 03:59 AM
Thats an amazing life turnaround in a short time frame, kudos and good to see you enjoying the highlife :okthumb:

Short ?

I am a 38 year old overnight success.

Without the fuckups and lessons learned in the 35 years before the nasty partnership split I wouldn't be where I am now.

Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson afterwards

But hard work is the key.. it doesn't matter what you know (or think you know) nothing beats application in making things work for you.

:salute:

Nickatilynx
05-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by CuriousToyBoy+May 7 2005, 10:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CuriousToyBoy @ May 7 2005, 10:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@May 8 2005, 03:46 AM

;-))

Hope I get in early enough - it would be great to put a face to a name I have heard many times over for many years.

:groucho: [/b][/quote]
all lies....

Trev
05-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by CuriousToyBoy+May 7 2005, 07:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CuriousToyBoy @ May 7 2005, 07:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 8 2005, 03:59 AM

Short ?

Without the fuckups and lessons learned in the 35 years before the nasty partnership split I wouldn't be where I am now.

Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson afterwards

But hard work is the key.. it doesn't matter what you know (or think you know) nothing beats application in making things work for you.

:salute: [/b][/quote]
I was talking about how you've turned you're life around and become a success in the last 3 years.

Hell I'm only 32 so I've got to wait another 3 years before I can take 35 years worth of experience and turn it to my advantage lol

So 6 years from now I might have made it :yowsa:

CuriousToyBoy
05-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+May 8 2005, 04:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ May 8 2005, 04:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by CuriousToyBoy@May 7 2005, 10:32 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@May 8 2005, 03:46 AM

;-))

:groucho:
all lies.... [/b][/quote]
Bullshit they are.

:biglaugh:

CuriousToyBoy
05-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 8 2005, 04:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 8 2005, 04:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by CuriousToyBoy@May 7 2005, 07:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 8 2005, 03:59 AM

Short ?

:salute:
I was talking about how you've turned you're life around and become a success in the last 3 years.

Hell I'm only 32 so I've got to wait another 3 years before I can take 35 years worth of experience and turn it to my advantage lol

So 6 years from now I might have made it :yowsa: [/b][/quote]
I got what you meant, all I meant was that the depth and breadth of life experience gave me the heads up.

And REMEMBER, it's not what you got it's HOW you use it.....

Damn, all I am is the culmination of a shitload of total fuckups that I learnt from - you learn little from what you do right, but loads from what you do wrong.

:ph34r:

Trev
05-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by CuriousToyBoy@May 7 2005, 09:11 PM
you learn little from what you do right, but loads from what you do wrong.
:pearl:

Never a truer word :okthumb: