PDA

View Full Version : Rock'n'Roll is death?

DrGuile
05-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Im sorry, but rock'n'roll is still kicking, and always has been... it just wasnt popular on the radio anymore...

Although now (last couple years) there was a "revival" of sort with all the "The" bands... but even before that, in the 90's, alot of unknown band were still kicking it...

It just that old geezers like you who spend more time filling tax-returns than at seedy concert venues wouldnt have any chance to come accross it (especially not with that oldies station playing in the background).

I give you two examples, both are Montreal bands, both songs released somewhere in the 90s

http://www.drguile.com/temp/hurricane.mp3 - Tricky Woo - Teenage Hurricane (felt it was appropriate for this venue ;))

http://www.drguile.com/temp/sally_anns.mp3 - Local Rabbits - Sally's Ann

Not claiming this is better than anything, or saying rock'n'roll is better now than ever, All Im saying is good music is still here, you just have to look a little for it. (also saying some of you are old ;))

Edit: dammit, I meant dead...

Trev
05-06-2005, 05:19 PM
I respect you for being able to use "Rock'n'Roll" and "Good Music" in the same post <_<

DrGuile
05-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Trev@May 6 2005, 04:20 PM
I respect you for being able to use "Rock'n'Roll" and "Good Music" in the same post <_<
What the hell does that mean?

What do you listen to? Disco? country'western? Britney Aguillera?

Trev
05-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile+May 6 2005, 10:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ May 6 2005, 10:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 6 2005, 04:20 PM
What the hell does that mean?

What do you listen to? Disco? country'western? Britney Aguillera? [/b][/quote]
Trance mainly, some Girls Aloud (Ant you got lucky :( )

Anything that finds it's way in to the Cream Fields or Ministry of Sound mixes is good in my book :)

HOWEVER!!

I do like JayZ
Linkin Park
And just about all the gangsta rap you can throw at me

:)

DrGuile
05-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Trev@May 6 2005, 04:29 PM
trance
I do like JayZ
Linkin Park

Well this thread was mainly directed at the people from the "Nick's daughter is sleeping around" thread...

but seeing your taste is good, I can now disregard your opinion on anything concerning music!

:agrin: :agrin: :agrin:

Trev
05-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile+May 6 2005, 10:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ May 6 2005, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 6 2005, 04:29 PM
trance
I do like JayZ
Linkin Park

Well this thread was mainly directed at the people from the "Nick's daughter is sleeping around" thread...

but seeing your taste is good, I can now disregard your opinion on anything concerning music!

:agrin: :agrin: :agrin: [/b][/quote]
There's a "Nicks daughter is sleeping around" thread?!?!?!

Death metal/Rock'n'Roll just plain sucks... sorry but it does...

I don't know if it's because I'm too young to like one, or too old to like the other... You tell me :P