PDA

View Full Version : Tony Blair Re-Elected

CuriousToyBoy
05-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Click here (http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/election2005/archives/2005/05/06/five_things_tony_blair_should_learn_from_the_elect ion.html)

Or here (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2005-05-06T154803Z_01_HOL583075_RTRUKOC_0_BRITAIN-BLAIR-MINISTERS.xml)

How did you Pommies in the audience vote?

:hic:

Trev
05-06-2005, 12:55 PM
When you look at Blair’s opposition it was no surprise that he won another term. I believe with current party politics, Labour will have no problems wining again four years from now....

Nickatilynx
05-06-2005, 12:59 PM
I was a staunch Thatcherite.

But as I got older I've become more "leftie".

People are supposed to become more conservative as they age...

Trev
05-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@May 6 2005, 06:00 PM

THe Torie's are a just a poor photocopy of Labour these days, quite sad.

Lib Dem are going to be the surprise party in the next 4 - 8 years.

TheEnforcer
05-06-2005, 01:03 PM
From much of what I read people don't expect him to hang around much longer though as most in the party want to push him aside for the gentlemen who people are crediting for britains economic gains Gordon Brown.

Nickatilynx
05-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 6 2005, 09:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 6 2005, 09:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@May 6 2005, 06:00 PM

Lib Dem are going to be the surprise party in the next 4 - 8 years. [/b][/quote]
Thats because ...

Labour moved strongly towards the right after Thatcher...
No more
Tony Benns etc etc....

Then they did what has been happening in the US for decades.

Blair went and did courses over how to come accross in the media. Body language on TV and speaking in sound bites.

Kennedy did it to Nixon years before...

Trev
05-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@May 6 2005, 06:04 PM
From much of what I read people don't expect him to hang around much longer though as most in the party want to push him aside for the gentlemen who people are crediting for britains economic gains Gordon Brown.
I prefer Blair to Brown. I think a Prime Minister should have at least a twinkle of charisma, Blair has, Brown does not.

I know there's so much more to it than just charisma but Brown ticks no boxes for me.

Nickatilynx
05-06-2005, 01:10 PM
"Gordon Brown" with apologies to "the Stranglers"

Gordon Brown , fat as a cunt
Gordon Brown , wish we could hunt
Hair like a prat , talks like a twat,
wish he'd stand down ,
fuck Gordon Brown.

:)

Nickatilynx
Originally posted by Trev+May 6 2005, 09:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 6 2005, 09:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@May 6 2005, 06:04 PM
I prefer Blair to Brown. I think a Prime Minister should have at least a twinkle of charisma, Blair has, Brown does not.

I know there's so much more to it than just charisma but Brown ticks no boxes for me. [/b][/quote]
So you are saying Blair arouses you sexually?

Trev
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+May 6 2005, 06:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ May 6 2005, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Trev@May 6 2005, 09:04 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@May 6 2005, 06:00 PM

Lib Dem are going to be the surprise party in the next 4 - 8 years.
Thats because ...

Labour moved strongly towards the right after Thatcher...
No more
Tony Benns etc etc....

Then they did what has been happening in the US for decades.

Blair went and did courses over how to come accross in the media. Body language on TV and speaking in sound bites.

Kennedy did it to Nixon years before... [/b][/quote]
So true, Labour moved to the middle of the road in thier politics and gained so much ground, that it seems the norm for most parties these days to try and follow.

Blair, as you say is the most 'presented' Labour leader ever, Kinnock must be kicking himself :lol:

Trev
05-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+May 6 2005, 06:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ May 6 2005, 06:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Trev@May 6 2005, 09:08 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@May 6 2005, 06:04 PM

I know there's so much more to it than just charisma but Brown ticks no boxes for me.
So you are saying Blair arouses you sexually? [/b][/quote]
No... but his power does :yowsa:

CuriousToyBoy
05-06-2005, 01:54 PM
He only got 36% of the vote to win.

That even makes US demoracy look fair.

:unsure:

TheEnforcer
05-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Trev+May 6 2005, 12:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ May 6 2005, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@May 6 2005, 06:04 PM

I know there's so much more to it than just charisma but Brown ticks no boxes for me. [/b][/quote]
Not really familiar with the guy. Just going off of news reports online and on the news.

Jeremy
05-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by CuriousToyBoy@May 6 2005, 09:55 AM
36% of the people who voted, a whopping 22% of the overall electorate (only 60% ish turned out).

Trev
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by CuriousToyBoy@May 6 2005, 06:55 PM

That even makes US demoracy look fair.

:unsure:
It's a Parliament, very little to do with if you like the guy or not. It's all about seats in the house of commons.

Jeremy
05-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Trev@May 6 2005, 09:11 AM
So true, Labour moved to the middle of the road in thier politics and gained so much ground, that it seems the norm for most parties these days to try and follow.

Blair, as you say is the most 'presented' Labour leader ever, Kinnock must be kicking himself :lol:
Middle of the road????? Which road is that? The Right side of the main Right road running through Rightshire? :-)))))

TB for all his third-way flim flam is way further to the right than a lot of the old Tory Wets were back in the 80s. Case in point: David "Call me Herr Goebbels while I'm shagging your wife" Blunkett.

Brown over Blair any day of the week - prefer a person of some principles, rather than the opportunistic smarmy gittedness that is TB.

Trev
05-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Jeremy+May 6 2005, 07:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jeremy @ May 6 2005, 07:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Trev@May 6 2005, 09:11 AM

Middle of the road????? Which road is that? The Right side of the main Right road running through Rightshire? :-)))))

TB for all his third-way flim flam is way further to the right than a lot of the old Tory Wets were back in the 80s. Case in point: David "Call me Herr Goebbels while I'm shagging your wife" Blunkett.

Brown over Blair any day of the week - prefer a person of some principles, rather than the opportunistic smarmy gittedness that is TB. [/b][/quote]
This is going to turn in to a Friday night in the pub talk about politics I can just see it. :lol:

I personally feel that Brown is a sly mother fucker (politicians I know). If he'll fuck his own leader then he'll have no problems doing it to a whole nation of people he's never met.

I like Blair, even with the whole nation against him on the Middle East issue, he still went in, I admired that he wasn't just making vote winning decisions.

Brown will be the new PM very soon, I know this and have to accept it. :(