PDA

View Full Version : The Language Barrier...

Lee
05-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Especially when i forget im not walking in to a shop in the UK

Me: hey there wheres your chip isle please?
Clerk: isle 12

5 minutes later...

Me: Okay let me try that again, where your fries isle
Clerk: Oh you must ne English, isle 8

LOL

Then you have the crazy bag fillers at the checkout who want to talk to you at 9am in the morning about 'Europe' more specifically, what they were doing during WWII and do i know someone who lived in London back in the 40's

'Oh yeah i know him, a nice guy' :blink:

DrGuile
05-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Bonjour

Lee
05-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DrGuile@May 5 2005, 07:25 AM
Bonjour
gladiator

As Nick would say ;)

Robin
05-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Lee@May 5 2005, 08:51 AM
Especially when i forget im not walking in to a shop in the UK

Me: hey there wheres your chip isle please?
Clerk: isle 12

5 minutes later...

Me: Okay let me try that again, where your fries isle
Clerk: Oh you must ne English, isle 8

LOL

Then you have the crazy bag fillers at the checkout who want to talk to you at 9am in the morning about 'Europe' more specifically, what they were doing during WWII and do i know someone who lived in London back in the 40's

'Oh yeah i know him, a nice guy' :blink:
"Hey - I love your accent! - where are y'all from?"

Thinks "Umm - it's YOU who have the accent - WE invented the language" - Says "Err England actually - ever been there?"

"No, but I love it when you talk"...

;)

NickPapageorgio
05-05-2005, 10:36 PM
leaning on the bulwarks watching the receding
cock-boat. monsieur, it merely remains for you to give me your orders. I
aw A sally? Through that scrub? That would be to play into
their this stood Major Mallard and two others who were unknown to
the on an unknown element in a thing of wood that might at any
moment dealing with him different tactics. As it was, Levasseur
command on my defence, as your lordship promised that I should be
heard. But I hope that we may meet
again. his claims to know something of gunnery. In their consternation
To succour a wounded man, as was my sacred
duty.

**Disclaimer**

The text you just read was from an actual email attempting to sell me a product. What the company was or what product they were selling was and still is beyond me. No animals were harmed during the typing of this ad. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Nickatilynx
05-05-2005, 10:42 PM
The old Capt Blood spam.... LOL

http://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/aaj-ke-naa...ril/004093.html (http://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/aaj-ke-naam/2005-April/004093.html)

Newton
05-05-2005, 10:43 PM
The defining moment of my trip to the US was when a checkout assistant asked "Does England have dollars as well" to which the reply was "No its Sterling, British pounds" and the reply "Is that really a currency?" What can you do but piss yourself laughing lol

Dravyk
05-06-2005, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Newton@May 5 2005, 09:44 PM
The defining moment of my trip to the US was when a checkout assistant asked "Does England have dollars as well" to which the reply was "No its Sterling, British pounds" and the reply "Is that really a currency?" What can you do but piss yourself laughing lol
She probably thought "sterling silverware" and believes Brits walk around with spoons and forks and then buy things with them. LMAO.

Americans, I have to admit, are a stupid fucking lot in general. If you've ever seen Leno's man-on-the-street segments or that game show "Street Smarts" you know there are some amazingly stupid people out there. (And you'll notice they always film these things in LA too. LOL)

Lee
05-06-2005, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@May 6 2005, 12:57 AM
Americans, I have to admit, are a stupid fucking lot in general.
Enter stage left...

The men in a dozen SUVs with blacked out windows and a straight jacket for Harry ;)

Dravyk
05-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Lee+May 6 2005, 03:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ May 6 2005, 03:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@May 6 2005, 12:57 AM
Americans, I have to admit, are a stupid fucking lot in general.
Enter stage left...

The men in a dozen SUVs with blacked out windows and a straight jacket for Harry ;)[/b][/quote]
Ahem ... :)

In general ... en mass .... and the same can be said about "people" from any and every other country.

What was it they said in the movie Men in Black?

"People are intelligent; they can handle it."

"No, an individual person can be intelligent; people en mass are stupid, violent, frightened animals."

... so there! :P