PDA

View Full Version : Netflix versus Blockbuster versus any others?

RyanLanane
05-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Netflix rocked a few months ago turn around time was GREAT. Allof a sudden you mail the DVD's out and it takes 3 days for them to register they got them back and 3 days till you get your new movies on top of that. Complained multiple times no replies.

Has anyone tried Blockbuster, anyone have any idea what they offer rental plan wise? And are there any other such sites?

I am looking forward to the day these companies wise up and make the final move that will happen... If only I had the money and connections to make it go the amount of money involved is insane once all the legal issues were solved <sigh> now I know where I should of invested my money, not the stock market... LOL

Inabon
05-04-2005, 08:32 PM
m8 unless you can drive and get it you will never be satisfied untill they do pay perview online.

shit
maybe i can do it yeah yeah watch all fucking movie companies go nuts trying to sue.

TheEnforcer
05-04-2005, 08:35 PM
I just about threw my computer through the window because of blockbuster online. Their website completely sucks ass. Bitched about it about a week ago on here. I love Netflix!!

NickPapageorgio
05-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Just as a little sidebar conversation, I had the idea in my head for the "GameFly" type deal where you can rent video games for as long as you want like NetFlix 8 months before GameFly came out. :( Damn fate how you mock me...

RyanLanane
05-04-2005, 10:40 PM
That's nothing Nick!!!

I invented the internet!!!

Screw pay per view on-line - My idea is close though .... And it will happen eventually, probably the biggest obstacles will be figuring out how much to pay the movie studios... but it will happen and it will be interesting as ALL shit when it does.

EmporerEJ
05-05-2005, 12:37 AM
I got you all beat, I invented the Virtual Sex Machine so you can REALLY have sex with a computer......

No, really guys, I did.

(And not a day goes by that someone doesn't say "Yea, I thought of doing that......")

All about the doing........

:purpdance:

sarah_webinc
05-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Blockbuster got to the UK first (amazon do it now too) and i have been using it for about a year now. In my book they kick serious tushy.

grimm
05-05-2005, 01:15 PM
I use both, and never have a problem with turnaround or the websites. I know if you use firefox 1.1 or 1.2 the sites dont work as well. 1.3 seems to have corrected problems, but easy java stuff still doesnt work in it (like counters, tickers, etc).

i constantly have about 8 movies between the two. i love the services since i am the king of high late fees. I think i still have a videocassette of Dogma from blockbuster from 4 years ago, it turned up in my last move. im going to bury it in the backyard lol.

TheEnforcer
05-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by grimm@May 5 2005, 12:16 PM
I use both, and never have a problem with turnaround or the websites. I know if you use firefox 1.1 or 1.2 the sites dont work as well. 1.3 seems to have corrected problems, but easy java stuff still doesnt work in it (like counters, tickers, etc).

i constantly have about 8 movies between the two. i love the services since i am the king of high late fees. I think i still have a videocassette of Dogma from blockbuster from 4 years ago, it turned up in my last move. im going to bury it in the backyard lol.
Noooooo! Dogma is a kick ass movie!! kevin Smith movies are awesome!! :)

grimm
05-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer+May 5 2005, 09:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheEnforcer @ May 5 2005, 09:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@May 5 2005, 12:16 PM

Noooooo! Dogma is a kick ass movie!! kevin Smith movies are awesome!! :) [/b][/quote]
i know, i have it on dvd. im just saying, i dont want no trouble from the blockbuster gestapo:)