PDA

View Full Version : Blogs

Evil Chris
04-29-2005, 01:06 PM
How many blogs are you running now?
I think I'm up to about 12 now. All of them pushing traffic where I want it.

They're dead easy to make too. If you can copy-paste, you can profit from blogs.

Nickatilynx
04-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Apr 29 2005, 09:07 AM

They're dead easy to make too. If you can copy-paste, you can profit from blogs.
only 12...

;-)

BillPMB
04-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Are you using any rss content or cms or are you manually updating them?

I've been playing with phpnuke for a few weeks and I think I like it.

Nickatilynx
04-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by BillPMB@Apr 29 2005, 09:56 AM
Are you using any rss content or cms or are you manually updating them?

I've been playing with phpnuke for a few weeks and I think I like it.
aggregate , build your own search engine that searches your own aggregator that puts up others news feeds that give you..

I've said too much LOL

JizBiz
04-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Apr 29 2005, 12:07 PM

Im well over the 50 mark. But only update or work on 4-5 regularly.

Allthough i have sat back and done some good analysis on them and the performance there of. You mention anyone can do one (very true) but not everyone can do them right.

There is alot of avenues to follow and things that you can do to promote your pages and build links, just depends how much time you want to spend per.

One thing i can say for certain is this...Run Wordpress and take the time to look threw the configuration options, ensure your rss is working properly and ADJUST your linking theories to the Blog mentality. (recips....a link for a link) , then once you start aggregating content, incorporate that stuff into your own feeds for everyone else to use. (yes probably too much as well)

BillPMB, be sure to try out WordPress, (nuke is great but WP outperforms it IMO but thats apples and oranges) the results i have seen lately are spendid. A blog set up on Tuesday is showing in yahoo on top 20 for terms such as "hosting" and "webhosting", "shared hosting" "and virtual hosting", and no these arent temporary, they will hold until i push them up to first page.

Far from "kiddie" results. Its all in how you configure these my friends.

25 Categories, 50 Posts (some in more then one category), plus rss and proper internal linking, and you will have 1000 pages indexed on your site by yahoo less then a couple weeks...heh

Build it RIGHT and they will come.

Newton
04-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Been running 1 for about a week to do with all things mobile, and i have to say very impressed ... new domains getting 30k a day hits from nothing without paying for traffic and growing each day lol Wordpress is the daddy!

Elli
04-29-2005, 03:09 PM
I see I've been going about it all wrong.

JizBiz
04-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Newton@Apr 29 2005, 02:07 PM
Been running 1 for about a week to do with all things mobile, and i have to say very impressed ... new domains getting 30k a day hits from nothing without paying for traffic and growing each day lol Wordpress is the daddy!
LOL Congrats dude. :wnw:

Keep it up!

Newton
04-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Its thanks to you :okthumb:

Lee
04-29-2005, 09:04 PM
We're about to start posting our first entries on http://www.forwomenblog.com in the next day or so :)

Its already getting some semi-decent type in traffic (and made 1 sale) and theres nothing on there right now lol

JizBiz
04-29-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Lee@Apr 29 2005, 08:05 PM
We're about to start posting our first entries on http://www.forwomenblog.com in the next day or so :)

Its already getting some semi-decent type in traffic (and made 1 sale) and theres nothing on there right now lol
nice one, lee i have some great tips for you if youd like them, hit me up if so

Soon to be projects will be homosexualblog, womansblog, mansblog and guysblog.com. Pretty much going with a multi user, "blogger" type setup on them all, unless i ditch them so someone else with "vision" can..haha

If time persists i will do something with them.

If anyone wants some wordpress help hit me up, i have a good knowledge base with it, and also know a great php guy to make it do whatever you have in mind that it cant allready do on its own. :biglaugh:

Anthony
04-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by JizBiz+Apr 29 2005, 06:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JizBiz @ Apr 29 2005, 06:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Apr 29 2005, 08:05 PM

Soon to be projects will be homosexualblog, womansblog, mansblog and guysblog.com. Pretty much going with a multi user, "blogger" type setup on them all, unless i ditch them so someone else with "vision" can..haha

If anyone wants some wordpress help hit me up, i have a good knowledge base with it, and also know a great php guy to make it do whatever you have in mind that it cant allready do on its own. :biglaugh: [/b][/quote]
Hey Jiz,

Hit me up tomorrow. I keep losing your icq number, as many times as Nick has given it to me. :(

Nickatilynx
04-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Anthony+Apr 29 2005, 07:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anthony @ Apr 29 2005, 07:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by JizBiz@Apr 29 2005, 06:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Apr 29 2005, 08:05 PM

If anyone wants some wordpress help hit me up, i have a good knowledge base with it, and also know a great php guy to make it do whatever you have in mind that it cant allready do on its own. :biglaugh:
Hey Jiz,

Hit me up tomorrow. I keep losing your icq number, as many times as Nick has given it to me. :( [/b][/quote]
I am a very poor man , and jiz is kicking it on blogs , I want an introductory comission!!!!

;-)))

Anthony
04-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Apr 29 2005, 07:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Apr 29 2005, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Anthony@Apr 29 2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by JizBiz@Apr 29 2005, 06:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Apr 29 2005, 08:05 PM

Hey Jiz,

Hit me up tomorrow. I keep losing your icq number, as many times as Nick has given it to me. :(
I am a very poor man , and jiz is kicking it on blogs , I want an introductory comission!!!!

;-))) [/b][/quote]
Oh blow it out your ass!

You'll forget about intro commish when you get wire next week.

:)

Newton
04-29-2005, 11:38 PM
JizBiz has mad skills with blogs :okthumb:

sharky
04-30-2005, 10:21 AM
30k hits a day from a new blog?

How much of that are you able to push off to sponsors?
How does it convert?

RyanLanane
04-30-2005, 05:48 PM
30K hits that quickly is an amazing accomplishment, Congratulations.. I hope you continue to be as successful in your future blogs as well - I would guess niche blogs are the next thing to come along. Not just "Mens Blogs" but "Mens Masterbation Blogs" (Hey I was just reading the Yankee Cash posts lol) which will make the traffic more potent.

I bought a script for a blog a while back and never started it up (nothing new) and was thinking about trying to start one up. Do you guys usually have one blog per domain or run multiple blogs off the same domain through subdomains? I'm not sure how that woudl effect your google rankings as I don't know if they count sub domains off a main domain towards links to that main domain, if you follow the question?

Anyone who has any input or suggestions .... a Good beginers guide with some info on integrating .rss etc - Drop me a PM I would love to hear any info you have on them, or any urls with interesting reading.

Newton
04-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by sharky@Apr 30 2005, 06:22 AM
30k hits a day from a new blog?

How much of that are you able to push off to sponsors?
How does it convert?
Its mainstream and has nothing to do with adult in the slightest, only 23k today :( gotta add some more stuff .. I too was surprised and to answer your questions.

It can all be pushed and distributed amongst the other sites

Since it is converting mainstream, it does very well thank you :)

Newton
04-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Apr 30 2005, 01:49 PM
30K hits that quickly is an amazing accomplishment, Congratulations.. I hope you continue to be as successful in your future blogs as well - I would guess niche blogs are the next thing to come along. Not just "Mens Blogs" but "Mens Masterbation Blogs" (Hey I was just reading the Yankee Cash posts lol) which will make the traffic more potent.

I bought a script for a blog a while back and never started it up (nothing new) and was thinking about trying to start one up. Do you guys usually have one blog per domain or run multiple blogs off the same domain through subdomains? I'm not sure how that woudl effect your google rankings as I don't know if they count sub domains off a main domain towards links to that main domain, if you follow the question?

Anyone who has any input or suggestions .... a Good beginers guide with some info on integrating .rss etc - Drop me a PM I would love to hear any info you have on them, or any urls with interesting reading.
Thanks Ryan :)