PDA

View Full Version : A really shitty bad beat!

TheEnforcer
04-29-2005, 02:46 AM
Final table I'm 3rd in chips with 9 people left on the table. I'm in the big blind 2000-4000) with pocket aces. Player to my immedaite left raises to 12,000 and one player after that goes all-in for 23,500 and I go over the top allin with 43,500 more in chips and am called by the original raiser. The original raiser has pocket kings and the other guy has A-K AND I have the original raier covered as i have the same suited aces he does kings. So I'm a near 9-1 favorite in the hand Fucking flop comes junk 9-5-J, turn is a 10, and the river comes the only fucking card that could beat me the last king in the deck!! :steemed:

Trev
04-29-2005, 05:09 AM
OUCH!

I bet that stings like a mother :(

RyanLanane
04-29-2005, 07:07 AM
This isn't going to make you feel ANY better, but...

You are MUCH better than 9 to 1 lol

PF Anyways, Turn you had five outs against you so 9 to 1 is a litle mroe on the spot ;)

mojobill
04-29-2005, 07:52 AM
TE, I had poket Aces cracked TWICE last night, under similar circumstances....

First time the guy hits a TWO outter on the river to crack me with a set...

Second time I have AA against A5o, and the fucker hits the wheel on the river...

There some some nights you just are not meant to be playing! ;-)

TheEnforcer
04-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Needless to say i was mighty pissed! <_<

grimm
04-29-2005, 01:03 PM
TE... take some solid advice, check out the chart ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/colum...phil&id=2015263 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/columns/story?columnist=gordon_phil&id=2015263)

Nickatilynx
04-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Funnily enough I read a book by Helmuth and he recommends to never be allin if you can avoid it unless you have the nuts.

Ie fold pkt Aces.

Milk Chips from people , and basically see flops cheap , if you flop the nuts ...go for it.

Especially in the early going.

Why risk your tournament existence over 4-6 shot?

grimm
04-29-2005, 02:54 PM
because he likes to say "all in"?, i live off of guys like that falling out of a tournament:)

Boneprone
04-29-2005, 03:08 PM
The King wasnt the only card that could beat ya..

The Queen could have too. And more a chance it would come beat ya than that shitty last King in the deck..

Was this internet poker?? That internet shit is bullshit.. Not real cards...

Ive seen some pretty painful and unrealsitc turns with internet poker.
Way too often. More frequent than youd ever see in a real card physical game.

I think its their way to get ya addicted with the up and down of emotions. Plant that seed of emotions and killer memorable hands in your brain a bit more hard than a traditional physical real poker game in a card room would. Gets ya addicted more and much more into it as hands like this scetch much much deeper into your brain when you win or loose.

Nickatilynx
04-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Boneprone@Apr 29 2005, 11:09 AM
The King wasnt the only card that could beat ya..

The Queen could have too. And more a chance it would come beat ya than that shitty last King in the deck..

Was this internet poker?? That internet shit is bullshit.. Not real cards...

Ive seen some pretty painful and unrealsitc turns with internet poker.
Way too often. More frequent than youd ever see in a real card physical game.

I think its their way to get ya addicted with the up and down of emotions. Plant that seed of emotions and killer memorable hands in your brain a bit more hard than a traditional physical real poker game in a card room would. Gets ya addicted more and much more into it as hands like this scetch much much deeper into your brain when you win or loose.
I agree. LOL

I've seen some net hands that if it happened in B&M people would be pulling guns lol

But that said , I think TE plays B&M

TheEnforcer
04-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 29 2005, 01:36 PM
Funnily enough I read a book by Helmuth and he recommends to never be allin if you can avoid it unless you have the nuts.

Ie fold pkt Aces.

Milk Chips from people , and basically see flops cheap , if you flop the nuts ...go for it.

Especially in the early going.

Why risk your tournament existence over 4-6 shot?
If it was a weekend long tourney like the big tournaments I'd do exactly that but this is a one night tourney where the blinds raise every 20 minutes so situations like this come up maybe once or twice the whole night for you. Look at the article and table Grimm posted. I was even higher (about 86%) to win pre-flop on that hand and over the long haul, especially in one night tournaments, where you aren't constantly having to make these decisions for the entire weekend I'll take those odds as I'll much more often than not come out smelling like a rose. I KNOW I have the best hand and am a big favorite to win going in.