PDA

View Full Version : Skype Payment options - can u still use Visa/MC ?

RyanLanane
04-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I always used my credit cards before but today I logged on as I needed to add time... I had enough in my paypal account to pay for $10 worth of skype out time, but I wanted to get an incoming skype # - The only payment options it is giving me is MoneyBookers and PayPal, not a choice for credit cards?

I have been having LOTS of problems with norton making my images dissapear lately so I am uninstallign them completely now... Norton seriously is only worth a damn when u have a bad virus - it is the ONLY time... The firewall is a bitch, everything about it sucks, how did they get so popular?

Anyways I am hoping that Removing norton takes care of it, but Could I get a couple of you to log into your skype accounts (preferabbly U.S. based people as it could be based on location) and let me know if you can still use credit/debit cards as a payment option please?

Muchos Gracious ;)

RyanLanane
04-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Removing Norton didn't work - See all kinds of banners I didn't before though !! I didn't even realize Norton had an ad-blocker

The Other Steve
04-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Apr 26 2005, 10:28 AM
Removing Norton didn't work - See all kinds of banners I didn't before though !! I didn't even realize Norton had an ad-blocker
Nortons were supposed to be shipping their software with the ad blocker turned off by default.

It was causing a lot of panic on mainstream merchant boards about 12 months ago.

RyanLanane
04-26-2005, 03:16 PM
I know I definately didn't activate mine.. Besides that how does anyone who actually uses their firewall get used to verifying every single url pratically, every program seems to need to be approved every time you use it - I seriously found it much more difficult to use it than anything I have used software based in 15 yearsof computing, no joke.

It did save my ass huge once when I had a work though, but I figure if i ever get anythign destructive my other AV programs won't pick up I just reinstall norton again and uninstall when done :) AVG and Zone Alarm seem to be working just fine ... also using Microsoft's Anti-Spyware