PDA

View Full Version : Southern Manners..when is it too much?

iamkathi
04-24-2005, 11:29 PM
ok, so I am a Southern Woman. I have never claimed to be anything else. I have lived everywhere and I still retain my Southern roots. It is a way of life and there is nothing I can do about it or would I want to try.

Recent incident... I was supposed to meet the Atlanta Adult webmasters for an evening of fellowship and bowling tonight. I RSVP'd like a good Southern Gal would do. I wouldn't want to show up and plans have changed and me not know about it.

Well... as it was posted on several boards this bowling event was to start at 7:00pm in a location I was unfamiliar with...so I left early. A good Southern Gal will never intensionally be late, it's uncalled for.

I arrived around 6:30-6:40pm. I sat in my vehicle chatting on my cell with my hubby, who lives in Seattle. I was telling him all about this shopping center and the characters in the lot. I was in a spot where I could see the door. It appeared to be an ok place for a single woman to be at alone.

At 7:00pm, the time this was to start, I hung up with promises to call later. I went inside. I looked through the arcade( there were people sleeping in the chairs in front of the games!), I walked through the lanes, the karaoke room ( it was empty) and the lounge. There were lots of young asian men playing pool. I saw no one that I had expected to be there. I finally went back outside and to my delight I saw Gonzo...a face I recognized. We waited together until 7:20-7:30 and left.

I felt bad, because I know how much work it must have been for Jace to pull this together. But I had been there almost an hour and no one was there. Until Gonzo shpwed up I had no idea who was even coming so I couldn't call anyone.

Later I understand an email was sent at 6:30 that they would be late...I got that email just minutes ago when I finally got back to my computer.

So, as a Southern Gal... how long is long enough to wait without spending a Sunday night in an "International" parking lot?

sarettah
04-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Southern girls bowl ? :blink:

iamkathi
04-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Well, I was actually going to visit. Bowling could cause one to break a sweat... And Southern Women never sweat :P

Jace
04-25-2005, 01:52 AM
Hey Kathi, I apologize for the tardiness...someone actually called me at about 7pm when I was on my way and said they were lost, but they were down at another bowling alley (Fun Bowl on Buford by Pink Pony), I drove down there to meet them and bring them back up to the right place...we got there about 7:30 or so....which is when most of the other people started showing up

I wish I had everyones cell phone #'s to call and let people know.....which I did have gonzo's, and that is my fault...so sorry again!!!!

next time I will plan on being there 30 minutes early, so maybe I will be able to get there at the scheduled time :(

gonzo
04-25-2005, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by JaceXXX@Apr 25 2005, 12:53 AM
Hey Kathi, I apologize for the tardiness...someone actually called me at about 7pm when I was on my way and said they were lost, but they were down at another bowling alley (Fun Bowl on Buford by Pink Pony), I drove down there to meet them and bring them back up to the right place...we got there about 7:30 or so....which is when most of the other people started showing up

I wish I had everyones cell phone #'s to call and let people know.....which I did have gonzo's, and that is my fault...so sorry again!!!!

next time I will plan on being there 30 minutes early, so maybe I will be able to get there at the scheduled time :(
Jace did call.... at 9 PM.

Hell Puppy
04-25-2005, 02:57 AM
30 minutes is more than long enough to wait for a familiar face...or at least one that speaks english.

No biggie, I had a good time anyway. No immigrant bowling, but conversation and a flying gorilla suited me just fine.

gonzo
04-25-2005, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Apr 25 2005, 01:58 AM
30 minutes is more than long enough to wait for a familiar face...or at least one that speaks english.

No biggie, I had a good time anyway. No immigrant bowling, but conversation and a flying gorilla suited me just fine.
15 minutes for an instructor.... 20 for a professor. At least thats how it was in college. Jace said in SMS that they were drinking in the lounge...I called bullshit.

Its bad when most of us sat there for 30 minutes as we took turns trolling the smoke pit.

I dont get it. You bitch that your left out... you bitch that the place is too expensive... you spam my fucking board relentlessly for an month and then show up late.

Lie in SMS about being late and then come off with a flip attitude about 4 of us showing up on time.

Its plain out rude and disrespectful. I hope that you dont do business the same way.

"Oh you expected your check to be there on time?"

Jace
04-25-2005, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Apr 24 2005, 11:06 PM

15 minutes for an instructor.... 20 for a professor. At least thats how it was in college. Jace said in SMS that they were drinking in the lounge...I called bullshit.

Its bad when most of us sat there for 30 minutes as we took turns trolling the smoke pit.

I dont get it. You bitch that your left out... you bitch that the place is too expensive... you spam my fucking board relentlessly for an month and then show up late.

Lie in SMS about being late and then come off with a flip attitude about 4 of us showing up on time.

Its plain out rude and disrespectful. I hope that you dont do business the same way.

"Oh you expected your check to be there on time?"
Gonzo, dude, chill out....i wasn't flipped out, in fact I felt terrible that you all waited, i feel totally bad about that

When I sent you the text I had no idea what time it was, and when you said you had been there I thought it was later than it was and thought you had been there at around 7:30 or so...which is about the time we arrived...i apologize for that

Someone was lost and had to drive down and have them follow me back to the bowling alley...i wasn't trying to be rude or not show up purposely, i just was trying to accomodate some lost people

as for spamming your board, sorry, i didn't think i was spamming at any time, just trying to organize some shit and have some fun

oh well, sorry to everyone who showed up early and at 7 and no one was there, and thank you so much for coming, sorry it didn't work out

i really don't know what to say to you gonzo, seems I have gotten on your bad side, and I never intended to.....

Peaches
04-25-2005, 11:04 AM
I will be the first to admit that I'm late for just about everything. Procrastination is one of my many faults and I'm sure I piss people off a LOT. I've made an effort to do better and in defense of myself, many times I'm late because I'm so far away from everything in ATL and if it's somwhere new, sometimes I don't know how to "time" it right. Add in the fact that I get lost getting to my own mailbox and, well......

That said, everyone always gets a phone call and I've not been late for something I was hosting.

We're old fashioned southern folk, Jace. :awinky:

But me, Kathy, HP and Gonzo had a lovely dinner :)

Maybe next time we can find something we can all get to on time :okthumb:

Jace
04-25-2005, 05:52 PM
did you all even read my posts? i was taking time out to help one of the newcomers find the place...i am sooooo sorry for being late, i have apologized time and time again, in mutliple threads

if you all were there and waited, why did you not start bowling, and come to think of it...gonzo, why didn't you call me and find out what was up, you, too, also have my #

Here is the bottom line.

-You won't find me "hosting" anything again (but come to think of it, the only thing I "hosted" was a web page with the info on it). I just set the time and date, and thought others would have enough sense to know I would be there, even if something happened to make me a little a late...I am not your ringleader, just someone that had an idea.

-You won't find me on this board anymore, and Gonzo, you can go ahead and delete my account here if you want, because all I apparently do is spam this board (according to you)

I constantly talked highly of everyone here, when people trash you I was always there to stick up for you all, but now, because I went to help someone out and made a decision to be a little late, you all sling shit just like you do to anyone, any chance you get....it is a shame that some people can't let little things slide and it has to end badly when it was just a small thing such as this.

yes, i was at fault for not calling gonzo when I was going to be late, but I was under the impression you all did not care much for the event and when you said you woud swing by it just meant that you would literally pop in and say hey and leave, I had no idea anyone here even planned on coming and hanging out for more than 10-20 minutes...I kept track of all RSVP's on the web page that I had been promoting, and the ONLY person on here that said she was coming for the event and not just to say hi, was peaches.

when I organize something like this, it isn't a big webmaster access type thing, it is just me inviting some friends out to have a good time and chat business...i had no idea i was the "event organizer" and that i was "hosting" it....i really just wanted some people to get together, and since there was a lack of people planning things, i threw it out there and posted it on some boards

gonzo, you had my number, you could have called me too

so, in conclusion

bye

tony404
04-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Gonzo if you had the kids number why didnt you call him ??? Was it more fun to start drama? Jace is one of few truly good souls I know in this business ,the kid said he was sorry a bunch of times on this thread ease up people also it wasnt like he was going to tell you the secret to making a million dollars ,you could of started with out him.

Nickatilynx
04-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by JaceXXX@Apr 25 2005, 01:53 PM
did you all even read my posts? i was taking time out to help one of the newcomers find the place...i am sooooo sorry for being late, i have apologized time and time again, in mutliple threads

if you all were there and waited, why did you not start bowling, and come to think of it...gonzo, why didn't you call me and find out what was up, you, too, also have my #

Here is the bottom line.

-You won't find me "hosting" anything again (but come to think of it, the only thing I "hosted" was a web page with the info on it). I just set the time and date, and thought others would have enough sense to know I would be there, even if something happened to make me a little a late...I am not your ringleader, just someone that had an idea.

-You won't find me on this board anymore, and Gonzo, you can go ahead and delete my account here if you want, because all I apparently do is spam this board (according to you)

I constantly talked highly of everyone here, when people trash you I was always there to stick up for you all, but now, because I went to help someone out and made a decision to be a little late, you all sling shit just like you do to anyone, any chance you get....it is a shame that some people can't let little things slide and it has to end badly when it was just a small thing such as this.

yes, i was at fault for not calling gonzo when I was going to be late, but I was under the impression you all did not care much for the event and when you said you woud swing by it just meant that you would literally pop in and say hey and leave, I had no idea anyone here even planned on coming and hanging out for more than 10-20 minutes...I kept track of all RSVP's on the web page that I had been promoting, and the ONLY person on here that said she was coming for the event and not just to say hi, was peaches.

when I organize something like this, it isn't a big webmaster access type thing, it is just me inviting some friends out to have a good time and chat business...i had no idea i was the "event organizer" and that i was "hosting" it....i really just wanted some people to get together, and since there was a lack of people planning things, i threw it out there and posted it on some boards

gonzo, you had my number, you could have called me too

so, in conclusion

bye
Well , as just an observer....

After that post , You don't half come across as a tit.

gonzo
04-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by tony404@Apr 25 2005, 08:06 PM
Gonzo if you had the kids number why didnt you call him ??? Was it more fun to start drama? Jace is one of few truly good souls I know in this business ,the kid said he was sorry a bunch of times on this thread ease up people also it wasnt like he was going to tell you the secret to making a million dollars ,you could of started with out him.
What time did you get there Tony?

If you think this is drama your sadly mistaken.
I said what I thought and I stand by it. Im not mad at Jace just dont understand. He said he was sorry like you said and I had dropped it.

BillPMB
04-25-2005, 09:28 PM
FWIW,

My wife is a southern belle and she's late for EVERYTHING! :blink:

So I always tell her we're supposed to be there 30 minutes before we're actually
supposed to be there.

That way I don't sweat it!

Never try to change a woman or a man, just implement IST which is closely related to DST except you swap out Daylight for Irritation.

She WAS on time for our wedding though so hats off to her for that.

http://www.mandmphoto.com/ourwedding/4_formals/41705-1.jpg ;)

What happened to no spin? This sounds like drama and I'm looking for the remote.

tony404
04-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Apr 25 2005, 05:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Apr 25 2005, 05:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tony404@Apr 25 2005, 08:06 PM

I said what I thought and I stand by it. Im not mad at Jace just dont understand. He said he was sorry like you said and I had dropped it. [/b][/quote]
we didnt go Jace knew mandy didnt feel well ,if I was there I would of been there at 7pm and then I would of said hey guys lets call Jace and see where he is ??? Come on your like one of the smartest people I know you didnt think to do that? lol

Nickatilynx
04-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by tony404+Apr 25 2005, 05:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tony404 @ Apr 25 2005, 05:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Apr 25 2005, 05:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tony404@Apr 25 2005, 08:06 PM

I said what I thought and I stand by it. Im not mad at Jace just dont understand. He said he was sorry like you said and I had dropped it.
we didnt go Jace knew mandy didnt feel well ,if I was there I would of been there at 7pm and then I would of said hey guys lets call Jace and see where he is ??? Come on your like one of the smartest people I know you didnt think to do that? lol [/b][/quote]
Ok...now we have entered bizarro land.... LOL

Gonzo is one of the smartest people you know !!!!!!!

You need to meet more people!!!

;-)))

gonzo
04-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 25 2005, 08:42 PM

;-)))
Go get me donuts and Ice wine!

Nickatilynx
04-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Apr 25 2005, 05:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Apr 25 2005, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Apr 25 2005, 08:42 PM

;-)))
Go get me donuts and Ice wine! [/b][/quote]
When you get up here its guranteed. Hell I'll even try and carry ya back to the car ;-)))

I'll try and meet up with you ontime....

;-))

gonzo
04-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Apr 25 2005, 08:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Apr 25 2005, 08:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Apr 25 2005, 05:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Apr 25 2005, 08:42 PM

;-)))
Go get me donuts and Ice wine!
When you get up here its guranteed. Hell I'll even try and carry ya back to the car ;-)))

I'll try and meet up with you ontime....

;-)) [/b][/quote]
Should I put Mike AIs number in my phone so he can tell me how I can get in contact with you in case there is a problem?

Hell Puppy
04-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Ahhh hell.... I was gonna let this be, but my fingers keep twitching and wont be satisified til I reply.

Who DID show at 7:30?

Your RSVP count is off, I said in at least a couple of threads I was planning to be there. I yank your chain like I do everyone elses, that's part of the fun of a board, so it aint like the thing was being ignored over here. In fact, on a different night, I know of at least 2-3 more from Oprano who would've probably shown.

You went out of your way to reel someone in, good move. Better move is make sure someone is onsite at start time who knows what's going on and reel in the lost by phone. We do that all the time (*cough* peaches *cough*).

Why didn't we start bowling? Well, here's the thing, bowling, eating or whatever the get together is comes secondary. We're really there to socialize and talk. I woulda bowled, but that wasn't what we were there for.

I also dont like to bitch about locations....if someone wants to organize something, do it. Name the time and place, let whoever wants to show up do so. Those who dont like it, let 'em organize their own deal. *But* just to add to the above, let's just say as a non-smoking, english-speaking caucasian, I wasn't exactly comfortable. Though again had everyone been there, I would've dealt and socialized....although I might've made a call to Man & Bat, Inc. to come watch the car after dark.

Bottom line, we waited 30 minutes, gave up on everyone else, and the folkes who knew each other adjourned to another location. We came to see people we dont normally get to hang out with, once we gave up on that, no reason to stick around.

There are no hard feelings on my side....apology accepted, but not really needed as we all went and had a good time anyway.

I dont like the adversarial feelings that seem to exist here everytime one group or the other does something. It shouldn't be there. I guess we have very different tastes and maybe indeed different manners. But it's silly that we cant manage to at least once and while get all of the Atlanta webmasters together.

Heck, not to pick on 'em, but Tony404 and Mandy are perfect examples. There's some actual business networking to be done between them and myself and dickinbush potentially. And instead, I think I've only met them in passing a couple of times at what I would classify as national level events held here in Atlanta. Admittedly, that's as much my fault as their's, we just haven't ended up at the same local events.

But I'll stop before my twitch really gets going...

Billy
04-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Hell you had time to go get donunts : )

gonzo
04-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Billy@Apr 26 2005, 10:09 AM
Hell you had time to go get donunts : )
Luke was in charge of getting those...

Anthony
04-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Apr 25 2005, 05:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Apr 25 2005, 05:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by tony404@Apr 25 2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Apr 25 2005, 05:13 PM

we didnt go Jace knew mandy didnt feel well ,if I was there I would of been there at 7pm and then I would of said hey guys lets call Jace and see where he is ??? Come on your like one of the smartest people I know you didnt think to do that? lol

;-))) [/b][/quote]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<<<<<< Catching Breath

JHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Billy
04-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Gonzo.. he gave that job to somebody else.. I just know it was not me !

I got them in Atlanta !!

gonzo
04-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Billy@Apr 26 2005, 10:22 PM

I got them in Atlanta !!
You need to have a supreme command of message boards and depth in the amount of contacts you have in the business to get er done.

I was busy coloring the back of Britany Andrews hair pink and listening to a former Epoch Exec try to work around her requirement of using her strap on up his ass before he could tap hers.

Peaches
04-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Apr 26 2005, 11:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Apr 26 2005, 11:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy@Apr 26 2005, 10:22 PM

I got them in Atlanta !!
You need to have a supreme command of message boards and depth in the amount of contacts you have in the business to get er done.

I was busy coloring the back of Britany Andrews hair pink and listening to a former Epoch Exec try to work around her requirement of using her strap on up his ass before he could tap hers. [/b][/quote]
Paging Hellpuppy!! :unsure:

sarettah
04-27-2005, 08:38 AM
I just realized a mistake that has run through this entire thread. Kath is talking about Southern Women, not Southern Ladies,

And from what I know about the South,

Southern Ladies are all genteel and have good manners and would never show a frazzle in public.

but

Southern Women just like to fuck and hell with the manners.

:blink:

I much prefer a Southern Woman to a Southern Lady :yowsa:

Inabon
04-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@Apr 27 2005, 07:39 AM
I just realized a mistake that has run through this entire thread. Kath is talking about Southern Women, not Southern Ladies,

And from what I know about the South,

Southern Ladies are all genteel and have good manners and would never show a frazzle in public.

but

Southern Women just like to fuck and hell with the manners.

:blink:

I much prefer a Southern Woman to a Southern Lady :yowsa:
:rokk:

damn right. i went to college in alabama and i got to tell you southern women are the shit when it comes to party, fucking, drinking and having fun. not much of a girlfriend or wife (at least the ones i messed around with) but hell i did not want a wife or a girlfriend back then

:)

Hell Puppy
04-28-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Apr 26 2005, 10:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Apr 26 2005, 10:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Apr 26 2005, 11:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Billy@Apr 26 2005, 10:22 PM

I got them in Atlanta !!

I was busy coloring the back of Britany Andrews hair pink and listening to a former Epoch Exec try to work around her requirement of using her strap on up his ass before he could tap hers.
Paging Hellpuppy!! :unsure: [/b][/quote]
Translation: he just backhanded two people who aren't currently posting in this thread or even have anything to do with the topic at hand, but most definitely would know that he was talking about them should they read it.

leedsfan
04-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Apr 25 2005, 05:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Apr 25 2005, 05:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by tony404@Apr 25 2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Apr 25 2005, 05:13 PM

;-))) [/b][/quote]
ouch.