PDA

View Full Version : Crackdown on internet pharmacies

TheEnforcer
04-21-2005, 12:18 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/20/internet...s.ap/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/20/internet.drugs.ap/index.html)

20 arrested in crackdown on Internet pharmacies
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 Posted: 2:00 PM EDT (1800 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Twenty people in the United States and abroad were arrested on charges they ran Internet pharmacies that illegally shipped narcotics, steroids and amphetamines to teenagers and other buyers around the world, federal authorities said Wednesday.

The arrests were the result of a yearlong investigation by six federal agencies of online pharmacies that often operate in the shadows of the Internet, with no fixed address and no way to track where they are located, Drug Enforcement Administrator Karen Tandy said.

"The Internet has become an open medicine cabinet," Tandy said. "Strangers are peddling drugs in your home and you don't even know it."

=======================================

click the link for full article

Nickatilynx
04-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Old news.

If you read through he was bringing the shit in from India and then "repackaging".

That is really really frowned upon.

Frankly if you are not using a liscensed US Doc you are dealing in schedule 2 narcotics...very bad things.

The people on Oprano that offer pharma programs are 100% professional and act correctly.

there are some on other boards that are dodgy as fuck however...

Steady
04-21-2005, 12:33 PM
With money the monkey will dance...

I wonder how many teenagers became a statistic. :cryin:

TheEnforcer
04-21-2005, 12:51 PM
It's definately an area of the net where I would take greater care to try and find out how they are operating.

Ironically there are several areas in mainstream as an owner, gambling and pharma, where in some ways you can put yourself in more risk should you choose to operate in them than as an adult program operator. I wouldn't touch ownership of a gambling site with a 1000' pole living in the states. I'd have to check the laws around pharma to be sure on that but when you deal with drugs you are gonna get some scrutiny.

dokk
04-22-2005, 09:29 AM
No drugs, no alcohol, no smoke, no sex...
Gee.. I used to be a fun guy.. lolll..

;-)

Vick
04-22-2005, 09:42 AM
It nothing short of amazes me that Schedule 2 drugs can be sold on line

Regardless of the country of origin or the circumstances

It most likely will take American government a while to move on this, I understand the loophole that's being worked through but it still amazes me

Almighty Colin
04-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by dokk@Apr 22 2005, 08:30 AM
No drugs, no alcohol, no smoke, no sex...
Gee.. I used to be a fun guy.. lolll..

;-)
Don't even pretend you quit ANY of those things. I KNOW better!