PDA

View Full Version : Remember that thread I started

NickPapageorgio
04-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Yeah...well...it malfunctioned today. :) Left riders dangling at 900 feet for like 3 hours or some shit. lol...yeah...you'll never get me on that thing.

Newton
04-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Can they sue? lol

They were some similar rides in a town near here, on the end of a pier .. they malfunctioned too , but threw the people inside a car straight into the sea. Its happened a few times now and one also had a rather unfortunate name .. Zyklon B, which was the gas the Nazi's used in the war on the Jews in the deathcamps, not the best of names for a ride.

Nickatilynx
04-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Seriously I never go on those rides...

But it would be my luck "friends" would persuade me to go on it and that would happen.

Seriously I'd be a wreck when I came off

JoesHO
04-20-2005, 11:31 PM
I knew it was bound to happen!!!!

VooMan
04-20-2005, 11:35 PM
I saw on the news today that "coming up after the break" was something happening with the ride, but I had to leave and didn't feel I needed to know. LOL

I'll say it again. I love rollercoasters, but you will never EVER get me on that thing! :)

Dravyk
04-21-2005, 02:01 AM
And for anyone standing outside the Stratosphere lobby at the time ... that was not rain that they felt. :unsure:

Trev
04-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Apr 21 2005, 07:02 AM
And for anyone standing outside the Stratosphere lobby at the time ... that was not rain that they felt. :unsure:
Hahaha :lol:

Why anyone would want to put themselves up there in the first place beats me.

I've got a major problem with heights :(

TheEnforcer
04-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Depends on what kind of mood I'm in if I went on something like that. Most coasters aren't a problem at all but that's WAYYYYYY up there so that might be a bit different. I'm guessing I'd likely pass.

Peaches
04-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Was anyone hurt? No. Did they all get at least a few free nights in Vegas? Yes.

Buncha wussies - all of you! :P

ThrobX
04-21-2005, 10:46 AM
I think it was just a stunt to hype the ride and make it seem scarier.

You know how those Vegas types are. :okthumb:

RyanLanane
04-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Apr 21 2005, 06:47 AM
Was anyone hurt? No. Did they all get at least a few free nights in Vegas? Yes.

Buncha wussies - all of you! :P
:rokk: :rokk: :rokk:

And it took a woman to say it B)

I rode both the strato rides, about the only thing I have done in vegas besides gamble... The only time it kinda got me was the time I did it drunk mid-day lol ... The rest of the times were like stepping off the front porch you wussies :nyanya:

Hell Puppy
04-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Oh that would be just entertaining as hell! Being stuck out there!

First thing you torque up all of your fellow riders by screaming like a little girl and yelling WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

After that gets old, you start saying "DID YOU FEEL IT SLIP?!?!? I FELT IT MOVE!"

Then you start bouncing up and down....maybe rock it for a little side to side action.

When you get a sufficient crowd built up on the street below you can either start up with the bodily functions or just dropping your pocket change, one coin at a time.

Dravyk
04-22-2005, 03:27 AM
HP, you've given this way too much thought, me thinks! :rolleyes:

Becki
04-22-2005, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Apr 21 2005, 07:57 PM
Oh that would be just entertaining as hell! Being stuck out there!

First thing you torque up all of your fellow riders by screaming like a little girl and yelling WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

After that gets old, you start saying "DID YOU FEEL IT SLIP?!?!? I FELT IT MOVE!"

Then you start bouncing up and down....maybe rock it for a little side to side action.

When you get a sufficient crowd built up on the street below you can either start up with the bodily functions or just dropping your pocket change, one coin at a time.
I really do like the way your mind works :D