PDA

View Full Version : I am sooooo glad I am quitting...

TheEnforcer
04-19-2005, 01:25 PM
No more drinking for me!! I feel like death warmed over right now. My throat feels like I've been trying to swallow glass all night and I can barely see straight. But it's good to know I'm done drinking as I am once again going on a diet and am determined to lose weight. Last time I did this I lost a whole bunch of weight and was doing great until I broke my elbow and the holidays came. It's back to drinking bottles of water when I go to the bar now!!.. Nice thing was I didn't miss drinking at all when I quit last time... loooking forward to it yet again as I know I'll have more energy now as i won't be tired all the time.....

Dravyk
04-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Holy shit!

This board is going to be full of nothing but a bunch of metrosexual quiche-eating non-smoking high-thread-count no-swearing perrier-swilling hair-gel-wearing SUV-driving low-carb-eating panty waists!

It's apparently up to me and BillPMB to "keep it real"! :ph34r:

Brad Mitchell
04-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I can stand being called a metrosexual. I do buy designer shoes.

But, no drinking? No smoking? No can do.

TheEnforcer
04-19-2005, 02:06 PM
My gut is too damned big and drinking is definately a part of that. Not to mention I can't stand feeling like this when I wake up in the morning. Not remembering coming home is NOT a pleasant experience.

Nickatilynx
04-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Apr 19 2005, 09:51 AM
Holy shit!

This board is going to be full of nothing but a bunch of metrosexual quiche-eating non-smoking high-thread-count no-swearing perrier-swilling hair-gel-wearing SUV-driving low-carb-eating panty waists!

You were talking about me , weren't you :(

Look , I'd love to be a coke snorting , absinthe swilling , chain smoking , whore chasing , rogerer and rositerer.

But everyone round me , wouldn't LOL

Steady
04-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Good for you...You have my :okthumb: all the way...

I stopped last September after I got back from New Orleans...I was there to see the Saints and Seattle. It was first game of the regular season for both teams. I got shit faced Saturday, Sunday at the quarters, and Monday night when I got home.

That did it for me, no more!...I feel better and healthier...When I go to a bar I order club soda with a lemon twist...No body knowns it's not a drink.

Stay with it brother! :)

Trev
04-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Apr 19 2005, 06:51 PM
Holy shit!

Not as long as I post here it won't :lol:

Good luck TE :okthumb:

Newton
04-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Good for you TE :)

Dravyk
04-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Apr 19 2005, 01:07 PM
My gut is too damned big and drinking is definately a part of that. Not to mention I can't stand feeling like this when I wake up in the morning. Not remembering coming home is NOT a pleasant experience.
a) never stopped you before!

b) you just want to be less of a shark target if you ever get near the water!

Dravyk
04-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Apr 19 2005, 01:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Apr 19 2005, 01:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Apr 19 2005, 09:51 AM
Holy shit!

You were talking about me , weren't you :(

Look , I'd love to be a coke snorting , absinthe swilling , chain smoking , whore chasing , rogerer and rositerer.

But everyone round me , wouldn't LOL[/b][/quote]
Now we only have Ian McShane left as a roll model.

Nickatilynx
04-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I do have that same clapped out , partied out , knackered look still though LOL

Brad Mitchell
04-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Apr 19 2005, 01:07 PM
You did make it home. Surely, that counts for something.

TheEnforcer
04-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Brad Mitchell+Apr 19 2005, 05:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brad Mitchell @ Apr 19 2005, 05:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Apr 19 2005, 01:07 PM
You did make it home. Surely, that counts for something. [/b][/quote]
Not too big of an accomplishment as the bar is about a block away from where I live! :P

Peaches
04-19-2005, 08:02 PM
I got puking drunk last week for the first since I can remember (at least 15 years). It reminded me why I don't drink much!

VooMan
04-19-2005, 08:52 PM
I got a little sloshed at a show a few years ago, and some of my coworkers will never let me live it down... I was by no means out of control, nor did I embarass myself. But apparently, people think I'm much more fun when I've had a few.

I've never really gone for booze though. If you missed seeing me all silly, you missed it. hahaha

Good for you TE. :okthumb:

Brad Mitchell
04-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Phoenix is the one where I seem to drink the most. It must be the dry heat.

grimm
04-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Apr 19 2005, 09:26 AM
No more drinking for me!! I feel like death warmed over right now. My throat feels like I've been trying to swallow glass all night and I can barely see straight. But it's good to know I'm done drinking as I am once again going on a diet and am determined to lose weight. Last time I did this I lost a whole bunch of weight and was doing great until I broke my elbow and the holidays came. It's back to drinking bottles of water when I go to the bar now!!.. Nice thing was I didn't miss drinking at all when I quit last time... loooking forward to it yet again as I know I'll have more energy now as i won't be tired all the time.....
its a good feeling isnt it. been dry for a while now.