PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions wanted

iknowalttl
04-18-2005, 11:05 PM
I am talking with a prospective client on a mainstream site... he wants to be able to have a weekly special offer on the site and I need some guidance on the best way to do this. What would be the best way for him to be able to pick an item from his store as a special whenever he wishes and have it on a "specials" page.

My thought is to put a hard "specials" link on the home page, give him a template to the "specials" page and whenever he wants to change to special he could place the new item, add text for the special, then upload and overwrite the page each time.

Second thought... must be an easier way.

JizBiz
04-19-2005, 02:41 PM
I think the simplest way for both of you is to, like you said, code a hardlink into the main index page linking to the weekly special page template. All the site owner has to do is edit in the pic and price on the specials page., everyweek and the rest is finished. Could also just set up an include that pulls prices and products from a text file so it never needs updating, but this is another route, he probably doenst know what is on special in 4 weeks yet.

It depends i guess how advanced the client is.

But a php include would be a fast and easy solution, that is easily edited by the client.

sarettah
04-19-2005, 07:19 PM
server side include to a file with just the code for the special would be an easy way to go too.

But again he will still have to edit a file and upload it.