PDA

View Full Version : some tips on link exchangin

Titan
04-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Link exchange article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To achieve top position in google you have to be properly optimizing your site in specific keywords. Another valuable point to achieve top rank is link popularity.

To get positive response from your link exchange partner you have to design a section for partners link placement and that section PR must have to be atleast PR2.

Few suggestion do's:
1. Design partner link section

2. Try to place link pages in top section of web server.
Like: http://www.yeshostings.com/sitemap.html not
http://www.yeshostings.com/sitemap/sitemap.html
and link sitemap with your home page OR index page.

3. Always create a sitemap page for easy search engine feed.

4. Site navigation must have to be in text link.

5. Try sitewidth link exchange and reciprocal link exchange.

6. Always prefer one way link exchange.

7. Always try to exchange link with same category sites.

8. Always try to exchange links with high PR sites atleast PR5/6.
Three one way links from PR5/6/7 sites will boost your overall search ranking.

Few suggestion Don't:
1. Do not exchange link with non-related site.

2. Do not exchange link that have PR0 OR PR1 OR banned site.

3. Do not exchange link with adult site, SEX OR hacking related sites.

4. Do not put more then 30 links in a reciprocal link exchange page,
If google found more then 30 outgoing links, google will treat you as spammer OR link firm.

slavdogg
04-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Titan@Apr 18 2005, 06:43 AM
If google found more then 30 outgoing links, google will treat you as spammer OR link firm.
Titan, can you explain this in a little more details.
does more 30 non-reciprocal links on a site effect the ranking as well ??
and why does this effect the ranking ??

thnx

sarettah
04-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by slavdogg+Apr 18 2005, 10:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slavdogg @ Apr 18 2005, 10:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Titan@Apr 18 2005, 06:43 AM
Titan, can you explain this in a little more details.
does more 30 non-reciprocal links on a site effect the ranking as well ??
and why does this effect the ranking ??

thnx [/b][/quote]
Hmmm... I would like to know that too since we are slamming links on stuff left and right these days...

plus shit like this in google results is telling me that they aren't penalizing very hard:

from a search for paperjewels.com a couple of pages in:

http://www.jewelry-boxes-online.com/non-pierced-earrings.htm

Titan
04-22-2005, 10:31 AM
this was actually an article from another board .. and i asked the same questions to the person who wrote it they had no reply

IN my opinion and experience its better not to have a LOT of outgoings for a couple of reasons .. firstly for PR reasons its better to have as few outgoing links as possible as it dilutes ur site in the way they rank you .. a lot of sites pointing to your domain and only a few links leaving the site is the way to go

if your link partners are agreeable a links page is quite good just for the to keep all the outgoings of your main index which is normally the highest ranking page on your site unless youre engaging in deep linking with other sites

Now saying that my main page of babesandstuff.com is full of outgoing links and rss feeds and it hasnt really effected my se listings at all ..