PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owen

DrGuile
04-15-2005, 03:57 PM
I didnt know about the McNabb comments... geeze... Also, dont try and claim that you arent greedy or selfish... please...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...blog/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/josh_elliott/04/15/daily.blog/index.html)

1. Terrell Owens is right on schedule. The NFL's reigning rotten apple, however freakishly talented and potentially game-breaking, is reverting to form, and if nothing else, Eagles president Joe Banner and coach Andy Reid and teammate-in-the-crosshairs Donovan McNabb, can't say they weren't warned.

A player yapping about being underpaid or "outperforming a contract," while protesting that his absurd stance doesn't mean he's greedy or selfish -- and oh, by the way, tossing an undeserving teammate under the bus in the process -- is nothing new in professional sport. Of course, the Eagles had every reason to believe that paying a guy almost $49 million over seven years -- including more $9 million last year -- would be enough to guarantee a little loyalty. They had every reason to hope that T.O. would perform as he did -- 77 catches, 1,200 yards, 14 TDs, immeasurable fear factor -- and rejoiced when he returned so brilliantly in last year's Super Bowl loss to New England. Sure, there were hiccups -- the September Playboy interview (in which he inferred former teammate Jeff Garcia was gay, among other things), the sort-of tiff with a struggling McNabb in Pittsburgh, the incessant showboating -- but they were nothing Philly couldn't digest.

But to have the relationship start to rot so soon thereafter is, even for T.O., laughable. (Except in Philly, where it's not so funny.) For Owens to show his true colors isn't so surprising. But that he would punk McNabb in the process -- saying that he should get a new deal, in part, because he "wasn't the one who got tired in the Super Bowl" -- sinks him to a low matched only by his asinine comments regarding Garcia's sexual identity.

Of course, Owens recanted those comments. Now, one suspects, such backtracking won't be so easy. Good luck, Igs -- you're gonna need it.

JoesHO
04-15-2005, 09:39 PM
McNabb DID puss out in the superbol and has been a choker in big games his whole carreer, i do not see why a known performer calling him out to fire him up is in the wrong at all.

Truth is a hard thing to argue against .

Steady
04-15-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm not a big T O fan, espically after he danced on the Cowboys Star in the end zone, close to the end of the regular season...

The only good thing that came out of that game "the showboater" T O broke his ankel. He was hurting SuperBowl Sunday! dumb shit!

TheEnforcer
04-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Owens is a self aborbed asshole who I would loathe to have on my team. Same with Randy Moss. Give me the Javon Walkers and Marvin Harrisons of the NFL and I'll be a happy man. I'd be extremely dissappointed in the Packers if they ever went after self absorbed assholes like those two.

Steady
04-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Apr 15 2005, 07:51 PM
Owens is a self aborbed asshole who I would loathe to have on my team. Same with Randy Moss. Give me the Javon Walkers and Marvin Harrisons of the NFL and I'll be a happy man. I'd be extremely dissappointed in the Packers if they ever went after self absorbed assholes like those two.
this sounds like a probowl team in the making. :)