PDA

View Full Version : Maybe It's Time for a TRUE Company Directory?

Dravyk
04-09-2005, 09:30 AM
In many cases, most cases, I'm pretty good about actually knowing who runs things. ... At least I thought.

As time goes on, I'm finding more and more cases where who I thought was in charge was just the front man or the marketing person. In still other cases I've heard so many conflicting reports as to who is the employee and who is the boss at "company X" it's become a bad game of "To Tell The Truth" ... "Will the real president please stand up ..."

So maybe it's time for a TRUE webmaster directory of some sort. When I say true I don't mean something where the people at the company make the listing. Yeah, at first thought, that would make sense ... but again seeing more and more smoke and mirrors with marketing people saying they're in charge -- until they get fired that is! -- an "open" directory for submissions would only perpetuate the mascarades rather than expose them.

Again, why need one? Pretty damned simple:

I'd like to know when I'm talking with someone am I dealing with the president, the flunky du jour, or the bathroom janitor.

Anyhow, there's my thought. Maybe Oprano or someone would like to pick up the ball and run with it.

Lee
04-09-2005, 09:46 AM
For the record, whoever gets this setup...

Gary-Alan - CEO of GA Media
Me - COO of GA Media
Chris - Alan - CFO or GA Media

Me - CEO of Red Bag Productions

Gary-Alan - CEO of EveryStag Productions

Just to put rest to rumors that im actually an employee, im not, im 60% owner in the company and for those of you who may have issue about how i run my company, tough shit.

:)

Trev
04-09-2005, 09:49 AM
With exception to Lee and a few others I think you'll find that alot of companies like to hide behind their patsies...

Lee
04-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Trev@Apr 9 2005, 05:50 AM
With exception to Lee and a few others I think you'll find that alot of companies like to hide behind their patsies...
Haha true im currently debating the fact that we no longer own Stud Money with one of our regulars on GWW.

He doesnt seem to understand that we relinquished our interests in that program almost 18 months ago LOL

gonzo
04-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Sounds like a great addition for one of those resources that claim to be all inclusive.....whats the name of it? Allofem!

Drav trying to be sly wanting us to go the work so he can go solicit advertising.

Peaches
04-09-2005, 10:16 AM
I own WEG. I would appreciate it if everyone could keep this new found knowledge away from Zimm and Jordan.

Trev
04-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Apr 9 2005, 03:17 PM
I own WEG. I would appreciate it if everyone could keep this new found knowledge away from Zimm and Jordan.
I'll keep it on the down low but it'll cost you at least 10% :yowsa:

Vick
04-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I know nothing
I own nothing

But

http://www.thecaptainsilver.com

is one of my partners in crime
We um ... focus on just drinking well and being amusing/entertaining enough to get others to pay our bar tab

p.s. This is not my new show, the new illusion show debuts next week at the Baltimore Harborplace Amphitheater with our (hopefully) auspicious audition

The Other Steve
04-09-2005, 02:47 PM
At one time there was a competitor who was going around trying to tell people that Sex Story Text was actually me and Marie was only the front person because she had tits and I didn't.

Man did I fall about laughing over that one. Marie has built that business up from nothing to where it is today.

All I am around here is the fluffer guy, coffee maker, dish washer and general scribbler.

:ph34r: