PDA

View Full Version : To all you Adult Webmaster Beginners

JizBiz
04-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Just wanted to stop in and let some of the newer webmasters know that i decided today to donate my brain to oprano.

The help and assistance forums on the boards should be a place for all newbies AND experienced webmasters to field their questions on aspects of the business that are unknown to them.

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=17658

I noticed that the ammount of posts are fairly small in there and also noticed that not to many "run" to fill in these people with problems.

I guess im a little out of the norm here, but i find it very important to fuel these young minds and bring them into our industry PROPERLY. We have no-one to blame for the ethics and morals in our own industry BUT OURSELVES...

OK anyrate.

I will answer ANY and ALL questions posted in that forums to the best of my ability, if i dont know that answer i will forward the question to someone who does know.

My knowledge and expertise falls in the following categories but not limitted to....seo, link strategy, blogging systems, alternative (guerilla) traffic sources, working with rss feeds, properly targeting traffic for max conversions, proper sales text and buying words, tgp/mgp management, proper site layout and design (optimized for sales or for the engines)and many other things i cant think of right now....But im lucky enough to have a huge contact list consisting of people from every aspect of our business. SO the answers will be found.

Now we have something new to offer all our webmasters who frequent the board. A solid reliable place to pose industry related questions and also to recieve UNBIASED answers to those inquiries, and i mean answers not the standard spam shit... Yes this is mostly focused at the newer webmasters but i know for a fact theres something EVERYONE of us would like to know more about.

Thanks for your time!

Newton
04-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Stunning mate :) Welcome back man, it has been too long

JizBiz
04-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Newton@Apr 8 2005, 12:37 PM
Stunning mate :) Welcome back man, it has been too long
Totally, but i had to steer away from the boards and ICQ..

Cost me too much time and money..heh
Im back now and things are 500% better for me now. Ive walked into some AMAZING projects and working with top notch people. (Not like you all arent)

Hitting you up on ICQ in a few minutes Newton, id love to speak with ya.

Nickatilynx
04-08-2005, 01:42 PM
What a very kind man... :)

Welcome back :)

JizBiz
04-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 12:43 PM

Actually to be honest it isnt out of kindness.

I have truely found that "giving" = "recieving"

I can honestly say that i have learned more from a select few then i could have ever dreamed to have learnt from anywhere else. And all that info passed onto me was because i was willing and prepared to do what it took to make it work, and because they knew i was a "straight up" and appreciated the tips. So now i feel like i am obligated to give it back.

I spent the last 2 months "helping" anyone where i could.

Sounds silly but my income has rose over 1k a week since i took on this regiment of putting others befor myself. While most show no gratification, there is always a handful who will never forget what you did for them, and will give back to you way more then you gave. Theres always someone who you affect as much as i was affected by the mentors i was lucky enough to have had (and still have)

THATS what being a respectable businessman will do for you, thats what looking after yourself and others will do for you. And most importantly thats what being true to yourself and all around you will do for you.

OR maybe i spent to long in that fuckin nickle mine...heh

Trev
04-08-2005, 01:59 PM
I think this is one hell of decent offer. :okthumb:

Nickatilynx
04-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by JizBiz+Apr 8 2005, 09:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JizBiz @ Apr 8 2005, 09:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 12:43 PM

I can honestly say that i have learned more from a select few then i could have ever dreamed to have learnt from anywhere else. And all that info passed onto me was because i was willing and prepared to do what it took to make it work, and because they knew i was a "straight up" and appreciated the tips. So now i feel like i am obligated to give it back.

Sounds silly but my income has rose over 1k a week since i took on this regiment of putting others befor myself. While most show no gratification, there is always a handful who will never forget what you did for them, and will give back to you way more then you gave. Theres always someone who you affect as much as i was affected by the mentors i was lucky enough to have had (and still have)

THATS what being a respectable businessman will do for you, thats what looking after yourself and others will do for you. And most importantly thats what being true to yourself and all around you will do for you.

OR maybe i spent to long in that fuckin nickle mine...heh [/b][/quote]
Oh fuck , a born again webmaster ;-))))

Ron Levi's No1 thing was "Be nice to Newbies"

I did that for years at CONDOM and then Netpond. It drove me mad!!!!

"So how can I get hits?" - You can't and you never will

"So can I use content that I download from newsgroups?" - Sure help yourself its all free for you to use. Especially the Playboy ones.

"Why won't Persian Kitty add my site" - Cause you're a twat

;-)))

Trev
04-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Apr 8 2005, 07:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Apr 8 2005, 07:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by JizBiz@Apr 8 2005, 09:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 12:43 PM

OR maybe i spent to long in that fuckin nickle mine...heh
Oh fuck , a born again webmaster ;-))))

Ron Levi's No1 thing was "Be nice to Newbies"

"So can I use content that I download from newsgroups?" - Sure help yourself its all free for you to use. Especially the Playboy ones.

;-))) [/b][/quote]
Thats the exact advice you gave me :unsure:

I was lucky Ant took over the newbie section :P

JizBiz
04-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Apr 8 2005, 01:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Apr 8 2005, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by JizBiz@Apr 8 2005, 09:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 12:43 PM

;-)))[/b][/quote]
HEH i didnt say they would like the answers...but they will recieve them...lol

Nickatilynx
04-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Q. Whats the difference between a Newbie Adult Webmaster and a surfer?

A. Some surfers have Credit Cards.

;-)))

The Other Steve
04-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Now I'm really scared - Nickatilynx and I think alike - it might be time to trade my brain in for a new one :yowsa:

Dravyk
04-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 01:01 PM

;-)))
Q: So-and-so-cash are ripoffs. I haven't made a single sale with them in over a month. They also say I haven't sent them any traffic!
A: Try linking the button to them.

Q: The Hun added my site and now Tripod has it so my site is up only up for one hour a day, what do I do?
A: Go back to McDonalds.

Q. I've sent 2000 hits to a toplist and it says they've only sent me 8 hits back. Should I stay with them?
A. Yes, give it another 6 months just to be sure.

Q: I have a site that gets 10 hits a day. Your site gets 5K daily. Want to link trade with me? I'll put you on my side page; you put me on your front page. Ok?
A: Fuck off and die. Now.

Vick
04-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 01:07 PM

;-)))
:wnw: :lol:

Trev
04-08-2005, 03:05 PM
This has turned into a damn good thread...

I think its because I was the one asking all of the above questions :blink:

Nickatilynx
04-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Q. Whats the difference between a surfer and a GFYer?
A. Nothing

Q. What does a newbie do at a webmaster conference?
A. He becomes a panelist at a seminar.

(sorry that is aimed at the "panel member" that didn't know what a "Reality Site" was ahahahahahaha ..I'm serious...)

;-)))

Vick
04-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 02:12 PM
A. Nothing

(sorry that is aimed at the "panel member" that didn't know what a "Reality Site" was ahahahahahaha ..I'm serious...)

;-)))
:lol: so hard I'm :cryin:

gonzo
04-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 02:12 PM
A. Nothing

;-)))
Was this one of the PHX Forum panelists?

JoesHO
04-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Great offer JizBiz, hope to see a steady doese of you here now!!! :D

Trev
04-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Apr 8 2005, 09:28 PM
He's a made man now :D

JizBiz
04-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Apr 8 2005, 03:28 PM
Steady got the dose?

B)

Adult Site Traffic
04-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 12:07 PM

OMG now that's the truth ! LOL

gonzo
04-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Adult Site Traffic+Apr 8 2005, 04:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adult Site Traffic @ Apr 8 2005, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 12:07 PM

OMG now that's the truth ! LOL [/b][/quote]
Your website is missing a crucial element for your button to remian in your signature.... ours....

http://www.oprano.com/banners.html

Please hit me up on ICQ. Id like to talk to you about purchasing traffic.

Becki
04-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 8 2005, 11:12 AM
A. Nothing

;-)))
LMAO you've made my friday :lol:

Trev
04-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Adult Site Traffic+Apr 9 2005, 11:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adult Site Traffic @ Apr 9 2005, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Apr 8 2005, 04:10 PM
Your website is missing a crucial element for your button to remian in your signature.... ours....

Huh? So anyone flying a sponsor button needs that sponsor to link to Oprano first? I'd do it if you just asked, but I'll just go back to not posting like I used to when it [oprano] was under past management rather than be given an ultimatum.

Nice to meet you too. Now you don't get a link.

Oprano Board Rules (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?act=boardrules)

AST

. [/b][/quote]
If you slaped my ass, I'd expect the same to be returned... I mean cumon how hard is it to do a linkback :)

Plus a slap in the ass is fun sometimes :agrin:

icq me on: 113565138 when you get out of your huff :)

Nickatilynx
04-09-2005, 06:40 PM
ast ,

that being the case you won't mind me deleting your posts :)

gonzo
04-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Adult Site Traffic@Apr 9 2005, 05:36 PM
By the way, http://www.squirtbucks.com/ needs to come out of your sig. You're in violation.
It must be in the water today. Welcome to the land of dickheads.

Trev
04-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Apr 9 2005, 11:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Apr 9 2005, 11:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adult Site Traffic@Apr 9 2005, 05:36 PM
By the way, http://www.squirtbucks.com/ needs to come out of your sig. You're in violation.
It must be in the water today. Welcome to the land of dickheads. [/b][/quote]
50,000 hits on offer and all the waifs and strays roll in :unsure:

gonzo
04-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Trev+Apr 9 2005, 05:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Apr 9 2005, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Apr 9 2005, 11:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Adult Site Traffic@Apr 9 2005, 05:36 PM
It must be in the water today. Welcome to the land of dickheads.
50,000 hits on offer and all the waifs and strays roll in :unsure: [/b][/quote]
These guys get a little traffic and they think they are "Net Gods" .

Not a wise marketing idea since I was really looking to buy some.

Oh well... the plunger is out and the shit was pushed back to the Zoo where it belongs.

cj
04-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Trev+Apr 9 2005, 05:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Apr 9 2005, 05:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Adult Site Traffic@Apr 9 2005, 11:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Apr 8 2005, 04:10 PM

Huh? So anyone flying a sponsor button needs that sponsor to link to Oprano first? I'd do it if you just asked, but I'll just go back to not posting like I used to when it [oprano] was under past management rather than be given an ultimatum.

Nice to meet you too. Now you don't get a link.

Oprano Board Rules (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?act=boardrules)

AST

[/b][/quote]
>>So anyone flying a sponsor button

You aren't flying a sponsor button of oprano ... you are flying a sponsor button of your own. Oprano moderators and posters spend time contributing to this community, doing business together and spending money to get good webmaster eyes here, so that we can benefit the community. If you come in from elsewhere, post purely to take webmasters out of our community and to your product, you quite simply are expected to contribute something of equal value in return.

If you are going to post here with advertising in your posts, the only thing we ask is that you link to us or contribute something of value to the gumbo. Its like when you go to someone's place for dinner, you should take the wine ... and your host shouldn't have to ask.

We have all worked very hard to build up a network of businesses that we have personal experience with, so that we can provide information to our community that is solid - not based on the latest hype. That asset is worth more to all of us that having you as a poster on this board, carrying a sig and not contributing anything in return.

You don't have to like it ... there are other boards.