PDA

View Full Version : what ever happened to APIC?

Biggy
04-06-2005, 02:47 PM
I somehow got reminded of them today.

I forget the guys name behind it, I remember they were a company that other companies could hire to pursue copyright infringement..

Whatever happened to them - they went bankrupt?

Vick
04-06-2005, 03:08 PM
I believe you're thinking of Steve Easton but I could have the name wrong. Someone around here should remember

http://www.a-w.org/ - is this their new website?

I was never a fan of APIC, what they were doing was great, how they went about it was nonsense. I know personally

A model whom I shot years ago wrongly siced APIC on me and my former partners, I produced copies of 2 photo id's (a license and passport) and the model release/agreement. APIC never even had the courtesy to contact me to apologize

We were presumed guilty before trial by APIC, they did get a rather nice um .... chat with me and then one of my attorneys. It was a witch hunt with their attorneys thinking they were Cotton Mather (see Salem Witch Trials)

I've never told even this much of the story before due to the fact it could have damaged my reputation, it's been years gone by so now I don't care

DrGuile
04-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Apr 6 2005, 02:09 PM
I believe you're thinking of Steve Easton but I could have the name wrong. Someone around here should remember

http://www.a-w.org/ - is this their new website?

I was never a fan of APIC, what they were doing was great, how they went about it was nonsense. I know personally

A model whom I shot years ago wrongly siced APIC on me and my former partners, I produced copies of 2 photo id's (a license and passport) and the model release/agreement. APIC never even had the courtesy to contact me to apologize

We were presumed guilty before trial by APIC, they did get a rather nice um .... chat with me and then one of my attorneys. It was a witch hunt with their attorneys thinking they were Cotton Mather (see Salem Witch Trials)

I've never told even this much of the story before due to the fact it could have damaged my reputation, it's been years gone by so now I don't care
Heard many similar stories.

Nickatilynx
04-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Was that "The Sheriff" ?

He came after me once. Wanker.

Dravyk
04-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 6 2005, 02:39 PM
Was that "The Sheriff" ?

He came after me once. Wanker.
Only once? What a wanker then! :P

Nickatilynx
04-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I never stole nuttin~!!!!

I may have borrowed some stuff...

But stealing?? Having the intent to deprive permanently...nawwwww

;-))

Dravyk
04-06-2005, 03:55 PM
I think you and me both, Nick, have content from Tom whatshisface (Nat Net version I).

Not sure what made me think of that.

Nickatilynx
04-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Apr 6 2005, 11:56 AM
I think you and me both, Nick, have content from Tom whatshisface (Nat Net version I).

Not sure what made me think of that.
ahahahahahaha I bought his whole shit back in like 97/98.
(Fuck I also bought a load of Khan's then...i wondern where is Khan these days)

Then...

About a week later .

He hit me up to take some down.Seems the girl got carried away and was now afraid significant other would find out.

I remeber trying to explain to him that getting pics Off the net is like trying to get piss out of a swimming pool LOL

all this happened of course before he went totally insane and threatened to kill people etc etc etc