PDA

View Full Version : Peter Jennings Diagnosed With Lung Cancer

Steady
04-05-2005, 10:53 PM
For those of you who have'nt heard...

NEW YORK, April 5, 2005 -- ABC News "World News Tonight" anchor Peter Jennings has been diagnosed with lung cancer, and will begin outpatient treatment next week.

Jennings is expected to continue anchoring the news during the chemotherapy "to the extent he can do so comfortably," ABC News President David Westin wrote in an e-mail today to the network's news staff. Charlie Gibson, Elizabeth Vargas and others will be substituting for Jennings as necessary.

Nickatilynx
04-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Poor guy...

"""Overall, of all those people diagnosed with all types of lung cancer at all stages, only about 20 out of every 100 people (20%) will be alive 1 year after diagnosis. About 6 out of every 100 people diagnosed (6%) will be alive 5 years after diagnosis. For those who are able to have surgery to remove their cancer, about 20 out of 100 (20%) are alive 5 years later."""

Steady
04-05-2005, 11:38 PM
I sounds like ABC is not very optimistic on his diagnoses. They say he will continue to do the evening news until he is able to. Out of the three big networks ABC, CBS and NBC I like the ABC evening news with ...Peter Jennings.

Nickatilynx
04-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Steady@Apr 5 2005, 07:39 PM
I sounds like ABC is not very optimistic on his diagnoses. They say he will continue to do the evening news until he is able to. Out of the three big networks ABC, CBS and NBC I like the ABC evening news with ...Peter Jennings.
Can't beat a Canadian reading the news :)

TheEnforcer
04-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Not a good cancer to have!! :( I hope he recovers.