PDA

View Full Version : Arrangements for John

Peaches
04-04-2005, 05:26 PM
I was going to just send this to the ATL crowd but realized others might be interested in knowing also:

Monday April 11 at 11AM:

Honor Guard ceremony (for everyone, not just family) at Arlington Memorial Park in Sandy Springs.

What I'm calling "Celebration of his life" BBQ at the Roswell River Landing Pavilion immediately afterwards.

Arrangements are being handled by HM Patterson and Son, Canton Hill

If anyone needs specifics, please feel free to email me at peaches@onlinebeach.com

Still working on getting something together for a memorial but that could be a while. I'm running at about 10% these days. Wrote the obit for the local paper today and it damn near sucked that 10% out.

Thanks again to everyone for their kind thoughts and words. At least I know if I can get through this, anything else will be surmountable.

Nickatilynx
04-04-2005, 05:29 PM
For what it is worth , Peaches , you have my total respect and admiration.

Steady
04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Peaches...Hang in there...The Lord is running the other 90% for you...God Bless! My thoughts and prayers are with you...

Steady

TheEnforcer
04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
My thoughts are with you Peaches. Antything I can do please let me know.

StreetRacer
04-04-2005, 07:17 PM
I could not even begin to imagine what it would feel to lose a child of mine...

Stay strong.

cj
04-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 4 2005, 04:30 PM
For what it is worth , Peaches , you have my total respect and admiration.
Peaches, I am in absolute complete awe of your strength and courage ... to not only cope but to hold your head up and and use this time to share who he was with everyone.

I never doubted before what an incredible woman you are, but now I see what made you such an amazing mother - complete selflessness.

I will be with you in spirit on Monday & you are in my thoughts every day

Peaches
04-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys, but honestly, I'm not doing near as well as I must be conveying in writing. In a year if I'm still functioning w/o wearing funny hats and letting the dogs poop in the house, THEN admire me. Right now I'm basically an emotional jellyfish.

cj
04-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Peaches .... you are *functioning* at all. well enough to give John a beautiful farewell - more than anyone expects of you.

and who cares if you let the dogs poop in the house and are wearing funny hats - we'll still love you. but I can't guarantee we won't start referring to you as 'the crazy lady with the funny hats' at the shows ;-)))

one day at a time ...

gonzo
04-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Apr 4 2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys, but honestly, I'm not doing near as well as I must be conveying in writing. In a year if I'm still functioning w/o wearing funny hats and letting the dogs poop in the house, THEN admire me. Right now I'm basically an emotional jellyfish.
Ill loan you some of my hats to wear. They just look at me funny.
All of us are standing by for you when you are ready.

Raven
04-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Tonda and I spent some time together, Peaches, talking.....

Anything you need...anything....please...don't hesitate..I know this is something only you can face and it's an alone thing to face..and it's horrific and terrifying.....

You are in my thoughts....and prayers....

Thank you for doing this update. I know this must be very difficult for you and the word 'difficult' is not an adequate word for me to use.

Dravyk
04-04-2005, 09:10 PM
When the dogs poop in the funny hats and then you wear them, we'll start worrying about you, Peaches. :)

Winetalk.com
04-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Peaches,
if you decide to take a break and change the scenery,
our house is your house,
LMK if you wanna come and stay with us (or without us when we leave) and I'll make all the arrangements. Our house is your house.

Hell Puppy
04-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Based on these locations, for anyone travelling from out of town, I'd recommend looking for accomodations in the Dunwoody area. This is a major business center on the north side of town and has a wide range of accomodations available ranging from Comfort Inn on the low end to the Westin and Ravinia Crowne Plaza on the high end.

Somewhere in the mid-range, I'd be looking at Residence Inn, Double Tree or Embassy Suites.

All of the above are 10 minutes from the memorial park, and probably 20-25 from the park on the river.

The area is at the intersection of Ga. Hwy 400 and I-285. 285 is Atlanta's perimeter highway. 400 is the highway that leads to the northern burbs. If 285 were a clock, 400 would cross at exactly Noon. The airport is on the opposite side at about 6PM.

Expect a 45 minute ride from the airport if there's no traffic. If you arrive or depart during rush hour, allow up to two hours. Rush hour in Atlanta is 6:30AM-9:30AM and 4PM-7PM. Except on Fridays...and then rush hour is basically all day.

gonzo
04-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Or if it rains.

BillPMB
04-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Hang in there Peaches!

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger. (except for poop smell, that shit'll kill ya ;) )

So, take it one day at a time, get some xanax or something stronger for AFTER the services and just get through it as best you can.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Trev
04-05-2005, 02:47 AM
Peaches you are truly a remarkable woman and we are also in awe of your strength and composure at this time, again and always you are in our thoughts.

Newton
04-05-2005, 05:28 AM
Peaches, you are in my thoughts and prayers at this deeply distressing time.

Vick
04-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Love you Peaches

Gabriel
04-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Apr 4 2005, 09:27 PM
Based on these locations, for anyone travelling from out of town, I'd recommend looking for accomodations in the Dunwoody area. This is a major business center on the north side of town and has a wide range of accomodations available ranging from Comfort Inn on the low end to the Westin and Ravinia Crowne Plaza on the high end.

Somewhere in the mid-range, I'd be looking at Residence Inn, Double Tree or Embassy Suites.

All of the above are 10 minutes from the memorial park, and probably 20-25 from the park on the river.

The area is at the intersection of Ga. Hwy 400 and I-285. 285 is Atlanta's perimeter highway. 400 is the highway that leads to the northern burbs. If 285 were a clock, 400 would cross at exactly Noon. The airport is on the opposite side at about 6PM.

Expect a 45 minute ride from the airport if there's no traffic. If you arrive or depart during rush hour, allow up to two hours. Rush hour in Atlanta is 6:30AM-9:30AM and 4PM-7PM. Except on Fridays...and then rush hour is basically all day.
HP can you please contact me when you have a chance.

142-295-729

Thank you

gabe

sextoyking
04-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Peaches,

May god bless John, You and your whole family.

iamkathi
04-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Apr 4 2005, 06:27 PM

For those coming in from out of town if you need transportation feel free to contact me. I'll be glad to give directions... or airport pickups!

Do not hesitate to contact me.

Naughty
04-06-2005, 05:45 AM
Good luck today, you've been in my mind since I read the original post.

Raven
04-06-2005, 03:17 PM
I just spoke with Gonzo......as I cannot be there physically, please consider me there in spirit and love for you, Peaches.....

Dravyk
04-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Raven@Apr 6 2005, 02:18 PM
as I cannot be there physically, please consider me there in spirit and love for you, Peaches.....
I couldn't have said it better. So let me "co-opt" your words, Raven.

Constantly in my thoughts, Peaches.

SykkBoy
04-06-2005, 04:38 PM
I've avoided posting in this thread, because I truly cannot put into words what I want to say, but will echo the words of Dravyk and Raven...

sharky
04-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Peaches -

Crystal and i send our deepest condolences!
I know my situation was much different than yours, but I'd like to offer my ear and my shoulder for you at any given time! I know how much it helped me to talk about things.

You are Family Elise.. I am here for you.

Sharpie
04-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Apr 6 2005, 03:39 PM
I've avoided posting in this thread, because I truly cannot put into words what I want to say, but will echo the words of Dravyk and Raven...

Same here..... words aren't enough!

Billy
04-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Peaches you know I am here if you need anything.

Nickatilynx
04-11-2005, 02:10 PM
In the thoughts today especially of those who were unable to attend.

cj
04-11-2005, 08:37 PM
thinking of you all today

and thank you very much to those who were there representing our webmaster family. it means a lot to those of us who were unable to attend.

Nickatilynx
04-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by cj@Apr 11 2005, 04:38 PM
thinking of you all today

and thank you very much to those who were there representing our webmaster family. it means a lot to those of us who were unable to attend.
Absolutely.

Here , here.

sarettah
04-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Goodnight Peaches.