PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Evil Chris
03-29-2005, 09:00 PM
I believe that this will be the last season for Idol.
If not this one, the next one for sure.

I think the first couple seasons brought some real talent to the finals of the show, but now I'm just seeing mostly no talent idiots making it to the end purely on hype. It's become complete horseshit, and needs to DIE.

pushpills
03-29-2005, 09:14 PM
apparently they still have good ratings. not my kinda stuff, but hey if they keep making money.

I wonder how much simon gets per series.

TheEnforcer
03-29-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm loathe to say it but pushpills is right. <_< As long as Fox can grab decent ratings with the show they'll keep cranking the seasons out of it.

Personally I think the show sucks ass even from the 1st one but that's me.

Evil Chris
03-29-2005, 09:23 PM
I can't stand the show either anymore. It's such crap now.
It's even evident in the face of Simon Cowell as well. He looks disappointed at the quality of each and every final contestant.

It would not surprise me if he quit after this season finished.

Dravyk
03-29-2005, 09:31 PM
http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/41535.html

SykkBoy
03-29-2005, 09:41 PM
I would disagree, I think this is the best season yet
they actually went witha few rocker types and tried something different instead of the same shitty Whitney Houston wannabes...

it's also getting amazing ratings, so won't be dying any time soon

Evil Chris
03-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Mar 29 2005, 10:42 PM
I would disagree, I think this is the best season yet
they actually went witha few rocker types and tried something different instead of the same shitty Whitney Houston wannabes...

it's also getting amazing ratings, so won't be dying any time soon
You're only partly right.
It's the ratings alone that are driving this show. The talent certainly is not.
Even the dude who keeps singing Black Crowes songs sucks. At least he is different like you say, but he still has no talent.

cj
03-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Mar 29 2005, 09:01 PM
I believe that this will be the last season for Idol.
If not this one, the next one for sure.

I think the first couple seasons brought some real talent to the finals of the show, but now I'm just seeing mostly no talent idiots making it to the end purely on hype. It's become complete horseshit, and needs to DIE.
sorry ... did you just say its *becoming* complete horse shit?!

its a reality show where they tour the country amidst brilliant publicity and hype, then they let every person audition who will bother to line up, and the winners are chosen by teenagers with their first mobile phone .....

When was it NOT horse shit?!

it may be horse shit, but its absolute marketing genius and the more people claim to hate it, the more addicts the show creates with every new season ...

a show can't fail when its based on building, crushing and fulfilling people's dreams in front of millions of people :rolleyes:

for the first time in history a TV show isn't relying on advertising to make its money and as a result its expanding like wild fire.

Sorry to break it to you, but Survivor already hit season 11 and it doesn't even make the contestents that famous ... never underestimate the power of the wannabe LOL we're stuck with it for at LEAST a few more years.

Do you guys get X-factor?
Just started here ... another simon cowell show, same format but with slight variation ... no age limit, groups and solo can enter, each judge is a mentor to a 'team'. lame as hell, and I'm already addicted :rolleyes:

DrGuile
03-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Mar 29 2005, 09:24 PM
It's such crap now.
There's one word too many in that sentence...

Ill give you a hint, the first 3 letters are n-o-w

NickPapageorgio
03-29-2005, 11:33 PM
The best part of the entire show is the auditions. I don't even watch it after that...

Trev
03-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 30 2005, 03:56 AM
Just started here ... another simon cowell show, same format but with slight variation ... no age limit, groups and solo can enter, each judge is a mentor to a 'team'. lame as hell, and I'm already addicted :rolleyes:
Is Sharon Osborne one of the mentors in the X-Factor down there?

Because she was here but it seems like she might have been dropped from XF2 because she failed to get any of her final 3 any kind of ‘fame’ after the show.

Almighty Colin
03-30-2005, 07:51 AM
I've seen a total of 5 minutes of this show. Why the hell would anyone want to watch a modern day Star Search?

Yug
03-30-2005, 08:48 AM
God, I cant STAND any of the idol shows, I cant believe we get BOTH Australian Idol AND American Idol

NickPapageorgio
03-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Mar 30 2005, 04:52 AM
I've seen a total of 5 minutes of this show. Why the hell would anyone want to watch a modern day Star Search?
I must say, the auditions are pretty goddamn funny. The people that come to audition sometimes are truly...how do I put it...fucked in the head. :lol:

kath
03-30-2005, 12:39 PM
I do like the auditions as well... they're hilarious - the best part of the show IMHO.

We stuck around this year and are watching because we all liked Carrie Underwood from the beginning and would like to see if she wins. The rockers are a nice change of pace from the Nicko Smiths of the world (I still say somebody bought him his way back in...) - but we pretty much just laugh at the lack of talent with everyone else.

However, it would be nice to see Paula get axed... either she needs to get her meds straight or stop drinking - but she's been SO out of it in the last couple of weeks, poor Simon looks like he'd love nothing more than to kick her stupid ass.

And I agree... he looks disgusted with the lack of talent as well... there are a few that he keeps coming back to as having potential or the "it" factor as he says here (didn't know about X-Factor... maybe that's why he keeps saying it - lol) but I think he's as disappointed as the rest of us.

Opti
03-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Yug@Mar 30 2005, 11:49 PM
God, I cant STAND any of the idol shows, I cant believe we get BOTH Australian Idol AND American Idol
:angry: :( <_< :cryin: :grrr: :zzz:

I agree..

And it's prime time!! We have to put up with our own wannabe an Idol shows... I bet that sucky Popstars show comes back soon too... blech...

Evil Chris
03-30-2005, 02:48 PM
haha... I'm sure most people would agree that the auditions are the only good part of that show.

But you can just tell from the judges that the show is coming to some kind of end. Cowell is consistently disappointed, and not just to be an ass for ass' sake either. Randy and Paula let almost anything through.

At the very least, we'll probably see new judges soon.

Nickatilynx
03-30-2005, 03:01 PM
I think this thread is aiiight...buit maybe a bit pitchy ...

It wasn't your best thread Evil Chris.

;-)))

Evil Chris
03-30-2005, 03:13 PM
haha... :lol:

don't ban me guv'nuh!

Nickatilynx
03-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Mar 30 2005, 12:14 PM

don't ban me guv'nuh!
Evil Chris , frankly I have heard better come backs from Best Man speeches at weddings held in the lounge at 3 star hotels in Watford.

:)

;-)))

Evil Chris
03-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 30 2005, 04:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 30 2005, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Evil Chris@Mar 30 2005, 12:14 PM

don't ban me guv'nuh!
Evil Chris , frankly I have heard better come backs from Best Man speeches at weddings held in the lounge at 3 star hotels in Watford.

:)

;-))) [/b][/quote]
Don't knock the Watford. I drank your ass under the table in there too many times to remember. :hic:

Dravyk
03-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris+Mar 30 2005, 04:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil Chris @ Mar 30 2005, 04:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 30 2005, 04:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Evil Chris@Mar 30 2005, 12:14 PM

don't ban me guv'nuh!

;-)))
Don't knock the Watford. I drank your ass under the table in there too many times to remember. :hic:[/b][/quote]
Maybe you guys want to get a room or something. :unsure:

Trev
03-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk+Mar 30 2005, 11:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ Mar 30 2005, 11:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Evil Chris@Mar 30 2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 30 2005, 04:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Evil Chris@Mar 30 2005, 12:14 PM

don't ban me guv'nuh!

;-)))
Don't knock the Watford. I drank your ass under the table in there too many times to remember. :hic:
Maybe you guys want to get a room or something. :unsure: [/b][/quote]
Thats what the guys in Watford usually do :lol:

Nickatilynx
03-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Yeah to escape from all the Northern queers!!!

Poncimng down south talking like they got a mouth full of man juice..

"Tho shall have a fishy , back ..pal ,away the lads"

No one gives a fuck!!!

I mean fuck , they still send missionaries up to Newcastle I believe.

cj
03-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Trev+Mar 30 2005, 01:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Mar 30 2005, 01:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cj@Mar 30 2005, 03:56 AM
Is Sharon Osborne one of the mentors in the X-Factor down there?

Because she was here but it seems like she might have been dropped from XF2 because she failed to get any of her final 3 any kind of ‘fame’ after the show. [/b][/quote]
that really surprises me ... she's normally an incredible marketer and pr person ...

no we don't have her down here ...

we have kate cebrano (aussie singer), mark holden (one of the idol judges - aussie song writer - pain in the ass) and some british dude who is supposedly big in the music industry in UK, John Reid ...

currently at prime time we have (on our only 3 non cable channels) ...

X-factor
American Idol
Australian Idol 2 just finished a few months ago
big brother 5 is starting in a few weeks
my restaurant rules
dancing with the stars
The Apprentice

and I'm sure i'm missing several

when will it end?!?!?!? :grrr:

Jace
03-30-2005, 08:55 PM
they have already signed on for 2 more years

they say next year there is going to be a total format change...they thought it was getting old

but this season sucks....the only contestant I barely like is the fat mexican dude

Trev
03-31-2005, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 31 2005, 01:05 AM
I mean fuck , they still send missionaries up to Newcastle I believe.
They do and they're damn tasty as well :yowsa:

hotchick
04-01-2005, 10:43 AM
the auditions are funny but i sometimes think that its scripted. 5 minutes of fame can surely drive some people to do the weirdest things.