PDA

View Full Version : there's alot of rational people here so....

pushpills
03-28-2005, 10:19 PM
anyone here actually think she should be kept alive? if yes, why?

Newton
03-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Nope

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/sto...1441893,00.html (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,1441893,00.html)

Hell Puppy
03-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Mar 28 2005, 10:20 PM
Someone should take a pistol and splatter whatever is left of her brains all over the back of her pillow and put an end to it.

pushpills
03-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Mar 28 2005, 09:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Mar 28 2005, 09:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Mar 28 2005, 10:20 PM
Someone should take a pistol and splatter whatever is left of her brains all over the back of her pillow and put an end to it. [/b][/quote]
do I get paid transportation and meals? if so, I'm in....who knows what great stuff i'm missing in the 2 minutes of news she hogs every day.

JoesHO
03-28-2005, 11:22 PM
nope

HoneyBlond
03-29-2005, 12:08 AM
While there is life there is hope...

Hell Puppy
03-29-2005, 12:51 AM
If an animal is suffering and has no hope of getting better, we're allowed to put it out of it's misery.

Why would anyone not do a human the same favor?

cj
03-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Mar 29 2005, 12:52 AM
If an animal is suffering and has no hope of getting better, we're allowed to put it out of it's misery.

Why would anyone not do a human the same favor?
because nobody has the right to play god & judge whether another persons life is worth living ....

none of us can contemplate this situation. logic, sense and whats right or wrong have nothing to do with it when someone you love is being put to death because society has decided they are a burden.

if she doesn't have a right to live, then we should start killing everyone who doesn't make a valid contribution to society ...

who wants to be the boss of what's "valid"?

and for those who are getting *sick of hearing about it*, perhaps you would do well to put yourself in the position and decide how long you would want the world to 'put up with' talk of ending your life.

Hell Puppy
03-29-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 29 2005, 01:52 AM

if she doesn't have a right to live, then we should start killing everyone who doesn't make a valid contribution to society ...

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!

cj
03-29-2005, 02:32 AM
so you are volunteering to be killed first?

:rolleyes:

Hell Puppy
03-29-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 29 2005, 02:33 AM
so you are volunteering to be killed first?

:rolleyes:
I contribute pictures of nekkid women and the occasional giggle.

Dravyk
03-29-2005, 02:40 AM
Lobster Boy's name is going to come up in this conversation, I can feel it. :matey:

Newton
03-29-2005, 03:11 AM
If my partner were to have this happen to her, she knows I would be putting her out of her misery, the same goes for me if I was in an accident, her finger would be on the button to terminate my life ;) It's the quality of life that makes it worth living.

nlphoto
03-29-2005, 04:10 AM
what a waste of time and money... 15 fukkin years

Trev
03-29-2005, 04:13 AM
I must have missed a memo here because I've got no clue who Terry is :(

Red
03-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Newton@Mar 29 2005, 12:12 AM
If my partner were to have this happen to her, she knows I would be putting her out of her misery, the same goes for me if I was in an accident, her finger would be on the button to terminate my life ;) It's the quality of life that makes it worth living.
I absolutely agree. I've told my fiance and my parents, should I ever be in that situation, pull the plug. It is the function of our brains that make us who we are and I can't see the point in keeping my body alive, causing heartache and financial problems for my family, if I'm not even me any longer. If someone is in a persistive vegetative state for over a year, there is little chance for recovery and it is then considered a permanent vegetative state. I wouldn't want to go on that way.

The problem with our laws regarding this matter, is that mercy killing and assisted suicide are both illegal, so the doctors have no choice but to cut off nutrition. That's a horrible way to die. She should be given an injection and allowed to go peacefully without any sufferring.

Nickatilynx
03-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Newton@Mar 29 2005, 12:12 AM
Lets be frank...

You'd put any other animal that you cared for "out of its misery".

the sole reason why we can't with her is basically the old ethic of "every life is sacred"

Defining "life" is the bitch.

And Newton under your quality of life rules , Dravyk should be starved .

:)

SykkBoy
03-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 29 2005, 01:52 AM
because nobody has the right to play god & judge whether another persons life is worth living ....

We do it every day someone is turned away from medical attention, in fact every time someone is given medical attention

If you give someone medical attention to keep them alive, then isn't that, in fact, playing God, too?

Should we have just not given her a feeding tube to begin with and let God decide if she needed it or not?

They started "playing God" as soon as they first stuck the feeding tube into her.

ThrobX
03-29-2005, 01:41 PM
OK, a rare soapbox post from me...

Her cerebral cortex is damaged to the point where most of it has been replaced by cerebral fluid. She CAN'T recover, no matter what kind of therapy she's given. Any "reactions" or "emotions" she displays, or things she "says" are purely reflexes. Put in that situation, I would see no point in continuing to live.

What this has turned into is one big photo op for conservative religious groups who are jockeying for position at the podium, as well as a misguided chest-thumping opportunity for politicians who saw a no-lose situation in "supporting life." None of these people really give two shits about Terri Schiavo, they're just in it for themselves. Her parents don't have a clue that they're just being used as tools.

I can understand the religious wackjobs like Randall Terry getting in on this, it's a high-profile case which gives them a great opportunity to spout off. The political involvement is what really cracks me up. Another case of conservatives who will wholeheartedly support state's rights... except for when it's a good political opportunity to NOT support them. On the other side, you have the wussy liberals who aren't willing to grow a pair and take what might be an unpopular stance.

Polls everywhere, even from conservative outlets, are showing majority support for the husband (and why wouldn't they -- 26 court cases in his favor kinda say something). So we have a religious MINORITY who are just flexing their muscles so as to APPEAR to be a majority.

I hope they don't achieve a true political majority. I'd rather live in a country ruled by logic than by mythology and fear. That's just my opinion, I COULD be wrong... but I seriously doubt it.

:headwall:

JR
03-29-2005, 01:43 PM
i suspect that people are just voting no because they are already tired of seeing it covered so much in the news.

:zzz:

Newton
03-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 29 2005, 09:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 29 2005, 09:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Newton@Mar 29 2005, 12:12 AM
Lets be frank...

You'd put any other animal that you cared for "out of its misery".

the sole reason why we can't with her is basically the old ethic of "every life is sacred"

Defining "life" is the bitch.

And Newton under your quality of life rules , Dravyk should be starved .

:) [/b][/quote]
Hello Frank ;)

Indeed I would without question or hesitation, if iI were in that same situation .. I would expect the same to be done for me.

No mate that was Monty Python's ~"Every sperm is sacred" lol

Does Dravyk need to be starved?

Mike AI
03-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Wow I cannot beleive that Jesse Jackson waited this long to start strutting in front of all the cameras.

Now she can die in peace!

JR
03-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 29 2005, 11:36 AM
Wow I cannot beleive that Jesse Jackson waited this long to start strutting in front of all the cameras.

Now she can die in peace!
i think she will rest in peace once the issue has lost its political value

Dravyk
03-29-2005, 02:42 PM
One word (perhaps two) and none of this shit would be happening:

Living Will.

Dravyk
03-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Newton@Mar 29 2005, 01:46 PM
Does Dravyk need to be starved?
Let me bulk up on a few Buger King Enormous Omelet Sandwichs first. :rolleyes:

SykkBoy
03-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Mar 29 2005, 02:43 PM

Living Will.
two more words and we wouldn't be hearing anything about this:
poor woman

we have poor people dying every day because they don't even have access to the medical attention she's getting, but noone cares about them...

Dravyk
03-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Mar 29 2005, 03:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Mar 29 2005, 03:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Mar 29 2005, 02:43 PM

Living Will.
two more words and we wouldn't be hearing anything about this:
poor woman

we have poor people dying every day because they don't even have access to the medical attention she's getting, but noone cares about them... [/b][/quote]
How sadly true.

Almighty Colin
03-30-2005, 07:27 AM
To be honest, I haven't been following this story much. I don't think removing the feeding tube is right either way. Starving someone to death???

Is she still in the state she was in in the 2001 video (http://hyscience.typepad.com/hyscience/2005/02/video_shows_int.html) that is out on the net? If so, then I would say NO WAY. She should be kept alive.

pushpills
03-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Mar 30 2005, 06:28 AM
To be honest, I haven't been following this story much. I don't think removing the feeding tube is right either way. Starving someone to death???

Is she still in the state she was in in the 2001 video (http://hyscience.typepad.com/hyscience/2005/02/video_shows_int.html) that is out on the net? If so, then I would say NO WAY. She should be kept alive.
yea this is the first thread i've commented on it myself. have read alot of idiots opinions and whatnot and i'm sick of hearing about it since i know what i think and what most people like me think, but, since it's a big topic, of course i'm going to have an opinion about it and say something.

is she still like she is in that video? no, thankfully she's worse from what i know, that video is worse than any of those beheading videos from iraq i've seen. "blaahhhhhhhh - screaming in agony"

"can you look this way??"

stares ahead and jammers around like an idiot.

"can you say momm----aaaa??" (repeated 20 times)

sits drools. yells out a little bit.

jeez, does she do kids parties? we should keep her alive maybe, i'd put one of her in my dining room, geat conversation piece.