PDA

View Full Version : $250 for a Florida Internext ticket

gonzo
03-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Im reading around some of the boards to the reaction of the raise in the price for admission to the Florida show. Looks like a lot of people are raising hell.
AVN sez they had to raise the price to restrict the admission to the hotel to attendees only. I understand restricting access to the hotel and show but Im not sure how that would change the price of admission.

Plus Im looking at the prices to sponsor some of the aspects... looks to me like the hotel was bought out and they are selling sponsorships right down to the damn toilet paper. [Which is sold out]

Hopefully Aly will check in and shed some more light on the improvements and the new marketing innovations that were being discussed earlier this year.

Do yall think $250 is too high for the Florida show?
What do you think of the new policy.... no ticket no admission to the hotel?

Anthony
03-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Are they on crack?

leedsfan
03-28-2005, 03:45 PM
wow thats outrageous.

i thnk we should start another show at the same time.

boycott the avn show.

fuck soon they will be as expensive as the aoe shows.

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 03:49 PM
From my perspective....

ahahahahahahaah and you suckers will still pay it , you know you will ?

ahahahahahahahahah

If so , I fucking love AVN!!! ahahahahahahahahahaha

Fucking Awesome!!

They are treating you guys like I treat surfers ahahahahahahahaha

Bitch gripe complain...and it will achieve absolutely nothing except getting even more publicity and selling even more tickets for AVN!!!

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by leedsfan@Mar 28 2005, 12:46 PM
wow thats outrageous.

boycott the avn show.

See thats the only thing that could hurt them...

and :

a) no one will
B) no one will

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Enjoy the show surfers ahahahahahaha

Twist them Aly make them bleed , then Aly come on here , be very professional charming , throw in a few jokes , and they'll love you still and you can fuck them again and again..its a recurring model!! ;-)))

But hang on...

I'm telling you the plot! lol

ahahahahaha

Raven
03-28-2005, 03:54 PM
You charge what the market will bear. Overburden the market and they simply won't buy.

There is a point where we surfers just won't pay.

Yeah. I think 250. is too high.

I haven't looked yet; but, if it's to keep the riff raff out, well, I'm sure they will accomplish that...and if they didn't do anything to the sponsors, well, the sponsors may well be the only ones in attendance.

Here's the thing....when sponsors were charging 50-60 dollars to get a membership, surfers stopped paying.

brand0n
03-28-2005, 03:55 PM
just wondering

i call and book a room at the westin for those days using the internext hookup or what ever

and dont get a pass. you mean to tell me they are going to kick me out?

also, they raised the room rates. just figure id let u in on that one as well. :awinky:

HoneLynn
03-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Foot, meet bullet.

SykkBoy
03-28-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm not really big on being in Florida in August anyways, so wasn't really excited to attend as it was...
so basically, if I wanted to take my wife so she could enjoy some shopping and sites, I (or the company ;-)) would have to buy an extra ticket for her or she can't stay at the show hotel? Someone who won't be attending the show or parties anyways? interesting...

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 03:59 PM
ahahahaha bullshit!!!

You are all gonna whine and bitch...

but you'll be there. :)

JoesHO
03-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by brand0n@Mar 28 2005, 12:56 PM
just wondering

i call and book a room at the westin for those days using the internext hookup or what ever

and dont get a pass. you mean to tell me they are going to kick me out?

also, they raised the room rates. just figure id let u in on that one as well. :awinky:
What did they raise the room rates too? I booked a month or so ago, and was given a rate at that time, so it will be intersting to see how that works out .

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Ok... let me see if I get this right..

If I phone up the Westin to book a room for that time period , and have no intent of going to the show , just going to sit by the pool and in the bar , I have to buy a ticket too?

if so..........................

Brilliant!!!

ahahahahahahahahaha

:wnw: :rokk: :wnw: :rokk: :wnw: :rokk:

gonzo
03-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 28 2005, 04:00 PM
ahahahaha bullshit!!!

You are all gonna whine and bitch...

but you'll be there. :)
Yeah Ive already called ahead for your AVN opera loafers.

brand0n
03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
yes, im going. i have alot of people i need to talk to, i need to take a trip to s fl and see a close friend and this kinda bundles everything up. no matter how they bend me over and fuck my ass, im going

still a write off =D

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 28 2005, 12:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 28 2005, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leedsfan@Mar 28 2005, 12:46 PM
wow thats outrageous.

boycott the avn show.

and :

a) no one will
B) no one will

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Twist them Aly make them bleed , then Aly come on here , be very professional charming , throw in a few jokes , and they'll love you still and you can fuck them again and again..its a recurring model!! ;-)))

But hang on...

ahahahahaha [/b][/quote]
You know what, Nick...

I don't 'twist' anything (but thanks for calling me charming)

I call BS where I see it and nobody could pay me enough to 'fuck them again and again'..

So, and in my most charming voice possible... FUCK YOU. You've got me figured a little wrong Nick and I'm not remotely amused.

If any of you have any real concerns, feel free to email me in person, or hit up the Internext staff directly at sales@internext-expo.com.

Thanks.

Lee
03-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 28 2005, 12:40 PM
no ticket no admission to the hotel?
Id say that was about right :)

Perhaps this will be one of the last AVN shows... Coupled with the outrageous costs of renting a suite for 24hours when its only needed for 3.

Needless to say our events are going to be held off-site this year and they arent going to be officially 'sanctioned' by AVN :)

*KK*
03-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Goodness, I wasn't aware that Aly owned AVN now, I thought she collected a paycheck.
Next time I'm surely not paying for lunch ;)

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Aly_AVN+Mar 28 2005, 02:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aly_AVN @ Mar 28 2005, 02:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 28 2005, 12:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-leedsfan@Mar 28 2005, 12:46 PM
wow thats outrageous.

boycott the avn show.

and :

a) no one will
B) no one will

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

But hang on...

ahahahahaha
You know what, Nick...

I don't 'twist' anything (but thanks for calling me charming)

I call BS where I see it and nobody could pay me enough to 'fuck them again and again'..

So, and in my most charming voice possible... FUCK YOU. You've got me figured a little wrong Nick and I'm not remotely amused.

If any of you have any real concerns, feel free to email me in person, or hit up the Internext staff directly at sales@internext-expo.com.

Thanks. [/b][/quote]
Couple of points , Aly.

1.) I was joking. :)
Little too near the knuckle huh?

2.) I really don't give a monkey's grey pube whether you are amused or not.

:)

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 28 2005, 02:49 PM

2.) I really don't give a monkey's grey pube whether you are amused or not.

I know.

*KK*
03-28-2005, 05:52 PM
OMG, this is turning into some strange sort of British courting ritual!

Trev
03-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Mar 28 2005, 11:53 PM
OMG, this is turning into some strange sort of British courting ritual!
Now hold on there lady!!!

We don't do that over here any more! So it's got to be a Canadian/cunty thing! :D

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Mar 28 2005, 02:40 PM
Goodness, I wasn't aware that Aly owned AVN now, I thought she collected a paycheck.
So what are you saying KK?????

Its not your buddy's Aly's fault if her employers , want to act , IMHO , like any good business and charge , as Raven said "What the market will bear?"

I fail to understand why Aly would be embarassed or nay ashamed of the rates AVN are charging.

*KK*
03-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 28 2005, 02:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 28 2005, 02:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*KK*@Mar 28 2005, 02:40 PM
So what are you saying KK?????

Its not your buddy's Aly's fault if her employers , want to act , IMHO , like any good business and charge , as Raven said "What the market will bear?"

I fail to understand why Aly would be embarassed or nay ashamed of the rates AVN are paying. [/b][/quote]
I understood you perfectly, both in nuance and in intent. But it's a Monday and I'm in a pissy mood as it is.

Not everyone realizes that a compliment isn't always coated in sugar, until they bite into it ;)

*KK*
03-28-2005, 05:58 PM
I might add that if I owned AVN, I'd be charging 500 bucks for a ticket.

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 06:01 PM
The badge cost is $250 with early registration. That's a lot more than the convention attendee badge was last year.

Last year, the trade show floor itself was the revenue source... that's why people had to exhibit in order to throw 'official' events, otherwise, they would have been 'leeching' off the event.

But lots of people wanted to be involved and have events and so on without having a booth, so that requirement was removed. That does, however, according to an Internext spreadsheet somewhere, amount to a serious loss in revenue (including that necessary to cover basic costs) for the show... even with people sponsoring the toilet paper.

So, to even this all out, attendance in any way now has a flat fee. That fee covers entry to all events, including exhibits and seminars and so on. And, the nice folks at Internext are also having wireless access added to the entire area.

Raven's right... as is Nick... and maybe Lee too... People will either buy it or they won't, and that remains to be seen.

gonzo
03-28-2005, 06:01 PM
I was just hoping to get an honest answer on some of the marketing improvements shes been working on since she started.

Please dont tell me its just stuff like sponsoring the hotel room's toilet paper or the bar napkins.

Lets hear more about chances to be more involved with networking and more business related ventures.

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 06:04 PM
I still what to know if she thinks $250 is too high??

I thought it wasn't and agree with you , KK..I'd charge whatever the sad fucks would pay..

But obviously Aly is in some way ashamed of that price..

*KK*
03-28-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm going to smoke a cigarette. Fuck it.

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Aly_AVN@Mar 28 2005, 03:02 PM

Raven's right... as is Nick...
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

A minute ago it was "not amused" and "fuck off"

Now I'm right ....WHUUUUUUUUU HUH?

So you think 250 is a fair price?

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 28 2005, 03:02 PM
I was just hoping to get an honest answer on some of the marketing improvements shes been working on since she started.

Please dont tell me its just stuff like sponsoring the hotel room's toilet paper or the bar napkins.

Lets hear more about chances to be more involved with networking and more business related ventures.
Sure... darling. In answer to a few of the larger demands...

We're arranging at least one (possibly more) networking lunch with topics by table.
24 tables. Probably on a first-come-first served basis. (which is why this may carry on for more than one day)

We're mailing the badges after people pre-register, to avoid congestion at the hotel.

Sponsors no longer HAVE to exhibit in order to throw events - there are many more options in that area now.

There are hard-walled meeting rooms on show floor, so people can have their own place to meet without having to get a booth or hospitality suite... but that's also an option of course.

We've closed the show to the public, thus removing people from the show who were simply hanging around. This means, whoever you meet is a potential business partner or client.

There are more educational sessions in the seminar program, as requested.

I want to clarify that I do not run Internext. The Trade Show department runs Internext. I simply yell at the trade show department from time to time and hope to create change...

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 06:22 PM
""" We've closed the show to the public """

So no gfyers can get in?

;-))

gonzo
03-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Aly_AVN+Mar 28 2005, 06:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aly_AVN @ Mar 28 2005, 06:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Mar 28 2005, 03:02 PM

Sure... darling. In answer to a few of the larger demands...

We're arranging at least one (possibly more) networking lunch with topics by table.
24 tables. Probably on a first-come-first served basis. (which is why this may carry on for more than one day)

We're mailing the badges after people pre-register, to avoid congestion at the hotel.

Sponsors no longer HAVE to exhibit in order to throw events - there are many more options in that area now.

There are hard-walled meeting rooms on show floor, so people can have their own place to meet without having to get a booth or hospitality suite... but that's also an option of course.

We've closed the show to the public, thus removing people from the show who were simply hanging around. This means, whoever you meet is a potential business partner or client.

There are more educational sessions in the seminar program, as requested.

I want to clarify that I do not run Internext. The Trade Show department runs Internext. I simply yell at the trade show department from time to time and hope to create change... [/b][/quote]
I like the lunches idea. [no surprise there eh?]

Great move on mailing the badges and being able to throw an event. Who do we contact about throwing an event?

The hardwalled meeting rooms is a great idea. Exhibitors will get a little more ROI from that Im sure.

I think the show should be closed to the public. I should cut donw on the "vacation" attiude some folks have had in the past.

And Im just responding to your banner in your signature. I had hoped that someone from Intenxt would have contacted me since Ive filled out the form several times now. I know it had one of my "christian" email accounts on it[as in my real name] but when it requested the website...I listed this one. Time is wasting so I figured Id ask the question here. You apparently give better customer service than the folks in charge of the event. Tell them you need a raise.

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 28 2005, 03:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 28 2005, 03:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Aly_AVN@Mar 28 2005, 03:02 PM

Raven's right... as is Nick...
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

A minute ago it was "not amused" and "fuck off"

Now I'm right ....WHUUUUUUUUU HUH?

So you think 250 is a fair price? [/b][/quote]
Darling, I was telling you to fuck off, (but may downgrade that to a bugger off now that I've had a smoke) not because of the price of the ticket or anything else you said other than the implication that I was dishonest-for-pay. I hate that. Sure, I'm charming, and indescribably witty, but I'm not here to spin whatever shit my employers throw out there, right or wrong.

That said, I think it's a PR nightmare to have the price leap like that but, personally, I'd pay it and see. I'm too objective to say whether it's 'fair' or not. That's not for me to say... I say, if you can, then do, at least once...

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Gonzo, contact terri@internext-expo.com for information about throwing an event.
or phone: 818-718-5788 and ask for Terri or Renee.

If you have any trouble at all, hit me up and I'll help out.

cj
03-28-2005, 06:38 PM
sounds like a few pretty major improvements have been made overall - stuff that should have been done all along but that AVN are only just now bothering to do ...

like nick said, attendees have still gone in droves despite all the negative feedback every time - so I doubt the increase in price will effect the numbers at the show, but it will effect the type of webmaster.

There will be even less hard working, long running programs there and a lot more fly-by-night showoffs who have made their first and only money in their lives flashing it around to pick up some ass.

but with all that said, I think you'll find if you revisit the thread where Aly asked for feedback from everyone, the main things requested were meeting rooms on the show floor, less general public access, events open to non exibitors, pre-registered tickets to be mailed prior to show etc .... seems like there is a lot that HAS been done that WE asked for ..........

>>>>but, if it's to keep the riff raff out, well, I'm sure they will accomplish that

Raven, are you saying that anyone who will spend $250 on a ticket isn't riff raff?

I beg to differ :rolleyes:

gonzo
03-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 28 2005, 06:39 PM
Raven, are you saying that anyone who will spend $250 on a ticket isn't riff raff?

I beg to differ :rolleyes:
I saw someone with a ticket in a sweaty tank top tossing hotel furniture last year after trying to talk smack. I bet that qualifies as riff raff.

Not sure what the FTC calls em though. Oh thats right...."employee".

cj
03-28-2005, 06:43 PM
*snorting tea*

HAHAHHAHAAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

my point exactly :rolleyes:

Vick
03-28-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm confused about how admission to the hotel will be restricted?

Was the term restricted used to mean that due to the increased admission price it is felt less people will just show up and hang in the lobby and go to functions or just stay at a different hotel

or that you would have to have a show badge to get into the hotel

I can't imagine the latter really happening unless AVN buys out the entire hotel

But I've been wrong before

JoesHO
03-28-2005, 06:44 PM
I am having a spot of Green tea at the moment....

what was the price last year, shit i forgot already LOL

is it going to be more than $250.00 if you wait til the show to register?

did I hear you right? lunch is now included too each day?

Trev
03-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Right now... so who's AVN and he's charging what per room :unsure:

I know a guy only charges £15 for one of his rooms and there no chat needed :lol:

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Mar 28 2005, 03:45 PM
I'm confused about how admission to the hotel will be restricted?

Was the term restricted used to mean that due to the increased admission price it is felt less people will just show up and hang in the lobby and go to functions or just stay at a different hotel

or that you would have to have a show badge to get into the hotel

I can't imagine the latter really happening unless AVN buys out the entire hotel

But I've been wrong before
Yes, AVN has booked the entire hotel. (They still sell the rooms though, not AVN. Internext makes no money off the rooms or any other amenities.... which is silly of em really. LOL..)

So, you're correct, people without badges will not be able to enter the hotel. There'll be security at the door checking badges.

Vick
03-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the clarification Aly

That's interesting

While I don't know AVN's business form the inside it looks like AVN could stand to lose $ if there are not a lot of attendees (am sure the X number to profit has been figured out long ago and AVN decided to take the rick)

While I'm not a member of the AVN fan club it would be a shame (or an opportunity) to see the Internext shows ended due to lack of attendance

and for the record I don't think $250 is to high a price but ..........

We'll see what happens

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Mar 28 2005, 04:02 PM

We'll see what happens
I agree. It's a risk and we'll just have to see how it goes down.

SykkBoy
03-28-2005, 07:14 PM
hmmm, if I do end up attending, I'll just leave the wife home.......which should probably be the right course of action anyways...thanks AVN for giving me a real reason to give my wife why she can't attend ;-) I'll explain that extra $250 could go for shoes...

JoesHO
03-28-2005, 07:16 PM
I was there last year, and it seems to me that the floor was empty most days, was the hotel full last year with just industry people?

how will this effect the debauchary levels allowed at the partes? could someone say like have a strip poker tournament?

Zebra
03-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Ah, less competition for the hot tub :)
Sounds good to me!

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 28 2005, 03:44 PM
*snorting tea*

Jesus fucking Christ almighty...have we come to this!!!

snorting fucking tea...

;-))))

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 28 2005, 04:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 28 2005, 04:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cj@Mar 28 2005, 03:44 PM
*snorting tea*

Jesus fucking Christ almighty...have we come to this!!!

snorting fucking tea...

;-)))) [/b][/quote]
Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Fresh Sumatran's best really.

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Mar 28 2005, 04:17 PM
I was there last year, and it seems to me that the floor was empty most days, was the hotel full last year with just industry people?

how will this effect the debauchary levels allowed at the partes? could someone say like have a strip poker tournament?
It was largely industry people, but not exclusively at all. Anyone could come.

As for the strip poker... you know I'm on it! B)

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Mar 28 2005, 04:17 PM

Okay... apparently the strip poker tournament's off because hotel employees are considered 'the public' as far as decency is concerned. However, I've heard a rumour: What happens in Joe's room stays in Joe's room... ;)

In other somewhat related news... The Trade Show department just offered up an oprano competition: "If people only post nice things about Internext until the show, we'll make Aly wear a G-string, and only a G-string, for the duration of Internext."

Well now, if that isn't 'indecent' by definition, I don't know what is! :huh:

cj
03-28-2005, 08:00 PM
>>"If people only post nice things about Internext until the show, we'll make Aly wear a G-string, and only a G-string, for the duration of Internext."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

does that mean when the show is over, we can return to our regularly scheduled put downs?!?!? :yowsa:

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 28 2005, 05:01 PM
>>"If people only post nice things about Internext until the show, we'll make Aly wear a G-string, and only a G-string, for the duration of Internext."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

does that mean when the show is over, we can return to our regularly scheduled put downs?!?!? :yowsa:
ABSOLUTELY! It just wouldn't feel right without em. :unsure:

TheEnforcer
03-28-2005, 08:08 PM
This is a good thread. I have no idea whether i'm gonna go to a show this year or not. Haven't been to one since New orleans but I like the chages I read here from the feedback I've gotten from others on previous shows.

gonzo
03-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Aly_AVN@Mar 28 2005, 07:54 PM

In other somewhat related news... The Trade Show department just offered up an oprano competition: "If people only post nice things about Internext until the show, we'll make Aly wear a G-string, and only a G-string, for the duration of Internext."

Did TE just sell AVN an ad?

I thought only our advertisers tried to hold up sponsor money for ransom!

Seriously Aly...I just wanted to start another feedback thread. Youve answered my questions and I guess we will wait and see.

Dont worry about me wearing only a G string though. Saucerhead would get cut in two.

Aly_AVN
03-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Mar 28 2005, 05:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Mar 28 2005, 05:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Aly_AVN@Mar 28 2005, 07:54 PM

Seriously Aly...I just wanted to start another feedback thread. Youve answered my questions and I guess we will wait and see.

Dont worry about me wearing only a G string though. Saucerhead would get cut in two. [/b][/quote]
aaaw... c'mon! I will if you will! (don't hold me to that)

Thanks for starting the thread, it's good to address concerns. :)

pushpills
03-28-2005, 08:18 PM
well i'm going to skip san diego since there wont be any brandon beating going on, so i'll hit florida. 250 bucks....eh, who gives a shit? i'm sure all non-sponsors will be lapping up that much $ worth of free drinks.

gonzo
03-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Aly_AVN+Mar 28 2005, 08:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aly_AVN @ Mar 28 2005, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 28 2005, 05:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Aly_AVN@Mar 28 2005, 07:54 PM

Dont worry about me wearing only a G string though. Saucerhead would get cut in two.
aaaw... c'mon! I will if you will! (don't hold me to that)

Thanks for starting the thread, it's good to address concerns. :) [/b][/quote]
I remember being in the Purecash booth 2 years ago with a black leather bag. Mike AI really didnt think Id peel off a shirt and put on a fur coat and go bare bellied on the convention floor.

Moral of this story is dont throw down unless your prepared to skin it back!

The thread was my pleasure...heres to business in Miami.

One more question. Can we get a list of those educational seminars and whos on the panels before the show? I need all the help I can get.

Dravyk
03-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Aly_AVN@Mar 28 2005, 06:18 PM
Hmm. Does that apply to Vegas '06 as well?

slavdogg
03-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Mar 28 2005, 06:45 PM
only stupid tourists come to Fl in Aug, so buying up the entire hotel is not a big deal.

But i dont understand one thing, if one needs a badge to get inside the hotel.
And to get a bandge one must go inside the hotel first
How do we go about getting a badge than ?

Biggy
03-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Internext has been falling off year after year...
Myself and everyone I know are spending less and less time on the show floor, unless they are exhibiting. Very little business gets done. Each year, the vegas show and miami show get more similar in size.

I think the sign of an increasing price is due to the fact that the shows and attendance are falling off, but I can be wrong. This is just my opinion.

JoesHO
03-28-2005, 10:24 PM
WOOT WOOT Aly in a G string......
think Oprano can do it ? shit that is a long time away still yet ...

Thanks for the Poker checking.... :okthumb:

Always a pleasure to hear from you ALY.... :D

Hell Puppy
03-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Mixed feelings from this corner.

$250 is nothing in the grand scheme of things. The guys that are scared off by $250 are likely ones that it isn't worth the time to actually talk to anyway. If it scares off a chunk of the crowd that is only there to party, it's a good thing.

AVN gets away with charging what they charge and running shows the way they do because they deliver huge numbers of attendees compared to the other shows. The real question here is whether they can do this with the new format and pricing. If they can, it's all good.

Credit where it's due, they just figured out how to charge to sit at the hotel bar and do business at a big show.

cj
03-29-2005, 02:31 AM
>>Credit where it's due, they just figured out how to charge to sit at the hotel bar and do business at a big show.

exactly ;-)

so they were listening to us all along ;-)

Sausage
03-29-2005, 03:29 AM
Having never bothered to fly over from Aus for the show, I certianly can't say this for sure, but I have heard that the shows keep getting smaller. Is that true ?

Personally I would much rather go to one of the European shows than the US ones because of all the negative feedback I have had from friends who have gone. I also heard that you get a lot more biz done at the European shows.

thoughts ?

DrGuile
03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Sausage@Mar 29 2005, 03:30 AM
Having never bothered to fly over from Aus for the show, I certianly can't say this for sure, but I have heard that the shows keep getting smaller. Is that true ?

Personally I would much rather go to one of the European shows than the US ones because of all the negative feedback I have had from friends who have gone. I also heard that you get a lot more biz done at the European shows.

thoughts ?
Cant say that ive gotten good feedback about the EU shows from people who have been to both...

Aly_AVN
03-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Here are some of the key features and benefits the Summer Internext Conference has added since last year:

- They've paid the hotel a lump sum for wireless Internet access to be turned on in every possible corner of the property. Meeting space, the exhibit hall, seminar rooms, the lobby, restaurants, swimming pool....etc. This allows for all attendees to do get online freely.

- They're building up the Seminar program so that it is on par with what is now done at the Vegas show. Typically the summer event has only had 6 or 7 seminars. This year there will be a full seminar program, designed to deliver the same educational value that people have come to expect from the larger Winter event.

- They will be providing complimentary Breakfast (in the Feature Pavilion/Exhibit Hall foyer) and Lunch outside the seminar room.

- They are shutting down the entire Diplomat Resort for Internext. Other than the convention center lobby (registration area), no one will set foot on hotel property without a badge. This is a tremendous benefit to all show participants. This is an exclusive Industry event. Only those individuals who are looking to do business will be there.

- As requested, they are mailing badges out prior to the event to all pre-registered show goers. This will cut down the wait time on-site.

Overall this event is about ACCESS.
Participants pay for a badge that grants them access to the market they want to reach – the people they want to do business with, access to the seminars, access to parties, access to do business without restriction anywhere and anytime. The point is, once you get the badge - the entire resort property becomes your business forum. You are paying for access and Internext is creating the optimal atmosphere conducive to your business needs.

- There are also other networking events currently being designed to offer additional benefits to all attendees.

B)

JoesHO
03-29-2005, 03:13 PM
I think it is a terriffic value then Aly, cause if you factor in that a hamburger there costs 18 bucks for lunch, and breakfast was equally outragous a person saves a minimum of 50 bucks a day just on the food aspect.

The in room connection for the internet was another 20 bucks a day

so now that these items are included, I think it is definatly a significant improvement to the overall value of money that a person will spend to attend! :okthumb:

shit just on the money a person saves on the aforementioned items over the course of the three days, it is almost as if the show badge was free!

because eveybody knows that is where you eat at anyway ( except for dinner maybe)

and who in their right mind would rather be in their room on internet, as oppossed to the lobby or better yet the pool even where they can do both the internet, and see prospective business walk by?

KUDOS TO YOU ALY for such a great explanation.

OldJeff
03-29-2005, 04:01 PM
I really do not see any problem with the restricted access to the hotel.

If you can not pay 250 bucks to get into the show you are obviously there to

A. Gawk at porn stars and internet models

B. Get Drunk at the party of some company that you will never send enough business to, to cover the cost of the booze you swill

brand0n
03-29-2005, 04:27 PM
ahh so your gonna throw in a lunch.. that clears up everything....

lobster n cristal? i mean for the extra 100 bucks id figure it should be a pretty good lunch.

JoesHO
03-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by brand0n@Mar 29 2005, 01:28 PM

lobster n cristal? i mean for the extra 100 bucks id figure it should be a pretty good lunch.
Lunch, Breakfast, and internet connection ....

day one breakfast -- 20 bucks minimum
day one lunch -- 20 bucks minimum ( for you more like 30 bucks) LOL
day one internet access 20 bucks

total savings day one ----- $60 bucks x 3 days = $180.00

total additional cost of ticket = $100.00

Total savings incurred at minimumal number examples = $80.00

( I know math was not a required subject in south carolina)
Just looking out for you bro :D

Billy
03-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Hummm so if Silvercash has a bikini contest I guess it would hold the girls to only those who are registered for the show to be in the contest ?

Just wondering, if you were single what happens if you bring a friend over to hang out with you ??

I see SOME problems, and Florida is one of my favorite shows, not AVN of course.

Raven
03-29-2005, 07:28 PM
I thought, when I posted, I knew what I was saying...now I'm not so sure, cj. :)

I believe what I'm saying is an event can charge what the market will bear. Period.

The previous price was 150., I believe...and, quite frankly, I don't remember seeing too many non industry people there....I would think, if they charge 250, there would be even less..

What I was saying, also...is that any event should take care when they raise their rates by more than a little...whether it's a good idea remains to be seen...but, Aly said it best when she said it would be a PR nightmare.

Personally, Florida is not my favourite show...even though the networking can be incredible when you take over an entire hotel....that lobby alone is priceless..sell booth space and table space in the lobby and that would be worth something....prime real estate...
Then again, I tried to get a banner at the Grand Luxe at one of the tables near the edge..where the wrought iron was..it was the place to see and be seen....great marketing, but they said no....

There is a point at which people will weigh the costs, no matter how many bells and whistles are added....and, depending on who the target audience is..for these events....well, I guess that determines the cost.

I personally believe that $250. is too high to get into a show. And, let's say my husband were not part of the industry. To bring him and have to pay for a ticket, when he would not partake of anything other than the heavenly bed..well...

There are plenty of opportunities to have private, high end meetings amongst program owners and those with a higher income.....Island Gathering comes to mind....

But, Internext..? It's supposed to be a trade show, yes?

The price of admission to a trade show should be in accordance with what is being offered. And, what am I being offered at a trade show..? The ability to stay in a hotel....for which I get a discount, which is nice...I get to see all of the new programs and toys and products, etc...and I get to network......and the price of admission....should reflect that. I don't see where it does.

I may pay for it or not....and many people may bitch about it; but, the bottom line is this. If this is a show which will benefit your bottom line, then I suppose it doesn't matter what is charged.

Raven
03-29-2005, 07:32 PM
I like the added features...but, ya know..there are those who aren't quite there yet....who should be at these shows, where 250. is a lot of money, when factored into the airfare, the hotel stay, food, etc.....

I thought the Diplomat these past three years WAS closed to the public, although I would see non internext people there....

I don't believe that those who cannot afford the rising costs should not be there....sometimes they are the very ones who should be there..they are on their way up.....

cj
03-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Aly, I think Joe just gave you your angle for justifying the price rise ;-)

When you break it down in terms of how much the person *saves* by buying the ticket, it looks like a great value show!

It really doesn't matter to me how much the ticket costs though, because by the time I get there comfortably and stay a week or 2, i'm looking at $20k ... the more time goes on in this industry, the more of us who will just be attending local gatherings in our area because the time and expense is unnecessary.

The thought of spending 30 hours travelling just to get to a 3 day event makes me puke :)

Aly_AVN
03-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 29 2005, 04:57 PM

The thought of spending 30 hours travelling just to get to a 3 day event makes me puke :)

I concur! The thought of travelling 30hrs for anything whatsoever makes me a little wobbly, too! LOL..

Lee
03-29-2005, 10:06 PM
I have to agree with what Raven hinted at...

The $250 hike for a ticket cost, like it or not, is going to deter those webmasters who SHOULD be at the show from turning up... The newbies.

I dont know about anyone else but i would rather have the chance at snagging 10 newbies than 1 midbie at the show.

Its easier to get a noob to do what you want with their traffic than it is someone who has been around for a few years ;)

cj
03-29-2005, 10:10 PM
>Its easier to get a noob to do what you want with their traffic than it is someone who has been around for a few years

nice theory ... what's the chance any of the 10 noobs you are chasing over 1 midbie might ever have any traffic?

brand0n
03-29-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1+Mar 29 2005, 02:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JoesHO1 @ Mar 29 2005, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brand0n@Mar 29 2005, 01:28 PM

Just looking out for you bro :D [/b][/quote]
at 1st she said
"We're arranging at least one (possibly more) networking lunch with topics by table.
24 tables. Probably on a first-come-first served basis. (which is why this may carry on for more than one day)"

then she upped the anti to

- They will be providing complimentary Breakfast (in the Feature Pavilion/Exhibit Hall foyer) and Lunch outside the seminar room.

Sausage
03-29-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 29 2005, 04:57 PM
Aly, I think Joe just gave you your angle for justifying the price rise ;-)

When you break it down in terms of how much the person *saves* by buying the ticket, it looks like a great value show!

It really doesn't matter to me how much the ticket costs though, because by the time I get there comfortably and stay a week or 2, i'm looking at $20k ... the more time goes on in this industry, the more of us who will just be attending local gatherings in our area because the time and expense is unnecessary.

Exactly!!!

I suppose its not really a $ issue, its the issue of the 18 hours travel time and 18 hours travel time back (if your flights work out perfectly), the day of jet lag, the 3 days of the convention... Generally you are almost talking a week.

That is a long time to be away from your business. Its good to see a small group in Australia have started trying to host our own shows. Makes more sense.

cj
03-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Sausage, where are you located?

We've been having regular get togethers down here in Sydney, and occasional ones on the Gold Coast ...

there's enough of us here that we could almost fill an internext :rolleyes:

Sausage
03-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 29 2005, 07:58 PM
Sausage, where are you located?

We've been having regular get togethers down here in Sydney, and occasional ones on the Gold Coast ...

there's enough of us here that we could almost fill an internext :rolleyes:
I'm also in Brisbane CJ.

Theres a hell of a lot of us here too, and I missed the last 2 get togethers because I was overseas for both. Lets hope they ensure the next one suits my timetable! ;)

cj
03-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Brisbane

*sob*

I want to come home!!! The weather down here is fucking shit!!!!

There's a guaranteed way to ensure the next event suits your timetable - pick the date yourself and tell everyone where you'll be ;-)

gonzo
03-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by brand0n+Mar 29 2005, 10:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brand0n @ Mar 29 2005, 10:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by JoesHO1@Mar 29 2005, 02:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-brand0n@Mar 29 2005, 01:28 PM

at 1st she said
"We're arranging at least one (possibly more) networking lunch with topics by table.
24 tables. Probably on a first-come-first served basis. (which is why this may carry on for more than one day)"

- They will be providing complimentary Breakfast (in the Feature Pavilion/Exhibit Hall foyer) and Lunch outside the seminar room. [/b][/quote]
Bro this aint GFY. Your not impressing anyone by belittling her. I dont think they pay her enough for the shit she has to take off the rest of us. At least its headed in a better direction. As Joe said the meals and internet access makes up for the price hike. All she can do is provide feedback to AVN...the course they take is totally up to them. In other words she just works there so no need to get personal.

Remember I started this thread because I wanted to know what was going on.

A savvy group or company would take the information provided to them in this thread and turn this to their advantage.

But hey dude I thought you were out of the adult biz anyhow...I remember you telling me your a master of domains and portals.

So why would you bother with a porn show?

NickPapageorgio
03-29-2005, 11:28 PM
I won't be there this year if that's the case. Fuck that. I got no real business to do with all you high rollers anyway. I'm a designer. I will stay home and sulk...

brand0n
03-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Mar 29 2005, 08:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Mar 29 2005, 08:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by brand0n@Mar 29 2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Mar 29 2005, 02:17 PM

at 1st she said

Bro this aint GFY. Your not impressing anyone by belittling her. I dont think they pay her enough for the shit she has to take off the rest of us. At least its headed in a better direction. As Joe said the meals and internet access makes up for the price hike. All she can do is provide feedback to AVN...the course they take is totally up to them. In other words she just works there so no need to get personal.

A savvy group or company would take the information provided to them in this thread and turn this to their advantage.

But hey dude I thought you were out of the adult biz anyhow...I remember you telling me your a master of domains and portals.

So why would you bother with a porn show? [/b][/quote]
i wasent trying to belittling her, and i never said i was a master of anything. i did say i cant wait to get all the way out of adult, and alot of that is due to the high amount of fruad all the way across the board. everyone is fucking everyone all the way to the very top.

JoesHO
03-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Mar 29 2005, 08:29 PM
I won't be there this year if that's the case. Fuck that. I got no real business to do with all you high rollers anyway. I'm a designer. I will stay home and sulk...
Fuckl that, I already reserved two rooms LOL
Boldy and inabon and me will all be there, so you can bunk with inabon ( since you both snore so FUCKING loud!) and make sure you leave the cell phone in the car would ya hahaha oh nevermind, it wont wake me up this time anyway hahaha bring it too nothing wakes you fuckers up when your passed out anyway ( I the sober one was the only one getting woke up) :nyanya:

Seriously dude, you know your welcome to crash with us ...

JoesHO
03-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by brand0n+Mar 29 2005, 08:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brand0n @ Mar 29 2005, 08:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 29 2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by brand0n@Mar 29 2005, 10:44 PM

at 1st she said

i wasent trying to belittling her, and i never said i was a master of anything. i did say i cant wait to get all the way out of adult, and alot of that is due to the high amount of fruad all the way across the board. everyone is fucking everyone all the way to the very top. [/b][/quote]
I am not fucking anyone.....
am I missing out?

NickPapageorgio
03-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1+Mar 29 2005, 08:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JoesHO1 @ Mar 29 2005, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NickPapageorgio@Mar 29 2005, 08:29 PM
Boldy and inabon and me will all be there, so you can bunk with inabon ( since you both snore so FUCKING loud!) and make sure you leave the cell phone in the car would ya hahaha oh nevermind, it wont wake me up this time anyway hahaha bring it too nothing wakes you fuckers up when your passed out anyway ( I the sober one was the only one getting woke up) :nyanya:

Seriously dude, you know your welcome to crash with us ... [/b][/quote]
It's gonna depend on alot of things. Hopefully I can. I appreciate the outstreched hands anyway though, you know that. Just really depends. We are taking the kids to Disneyland in November so if it doesn't crimp my finances too bad and cut into that too much I will be there.

brand0n
03-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1+Mar 29 2005, 08:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JoesHO1 @ Mar 29 2005, 08:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by brand0n@Mar 29 2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 29 2005, 08:18 PM

at 1st she said

i wasent trying to belittling her, and i never said i was a master of anything. i did say i cant wait to get all the way out of adult, and alot of that is due to the high amount of fruad all the way across the board. everyone is fucking everyone all the way to the very top.
am I missing out? [/b][/quote]
yes

JoesHO
03-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio+Mar 29 2005, 08:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NickPapageorgio @ Mar 29 2005, 08:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by JoesHO1@Mar 29 2005, 08:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NickPapageorgio@Mar 29 2005, 08:29 PM

Seriously dude, you know your welcome to crash with us ...
It's gonna depend on alot of things. Hopefully I can. I appreciate the outstreched hands anyway though, you know that. Just really depends. We are taking the kids to Disneyland in November so if it doesn't crimp my finances too bad and cut into that too much I will be there. [/b][/quote]
we will need galleries too , so we can call it a trade... and breakfast and lunch are on AVN this year :D maybe the nice folks at Oprano will take us to dinner one night LOL and bang it is a wrap..... :okthumb:

JoesHO
03-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by brand0n+Mar 29 2005, 08:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brand0n @ Mar 29 2005, 08:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by JoesHO1@Mar 29 2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by brand0n@Mar 29 2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 29 2005, 08:18 PM

at 1st she said

am I missing out?
yes [/b][/quote]
can I pick who I want to fuck?

my list would include Sabby of course, Raven riley, Anjali ( from netpondcash)
Honeyblonde, and of course the lovely collegegirlvids

Lee
03-30-2005, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 29 2005, 07:11 PM
>Its easier to get a noob to do what you want with their traffic than it is someone who has been around for a few years

nice theory ... what's the chance any of the 10 noobs you are chasing over 1 midbie might ever have any traffic?
CJ,

Its not just a theory.. It been put into practice at many shows over the past four years ;)

Give me 10 newbies over 1 midbie anyday, they do what you tell them to, how you tell them to, when you tell them to.. no questions asked as long as they are making sales on a 'regular' basis ;)

Almighty Colin
03-30-2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Mar 28 2005, 09:08 PM
But i dont understand one thing, if one needs a badge to get inside the hotel. And to get a bandge one must go inside the hotel first
That's the first thing I thought of when I read that too, Slav.

Nickatilynx
03-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Ya know , I don't know why but I have the urge to just gate crash.

Not pay the ticket and see what I can actually do there...might make an article for sexines.

"Internext without a pass"

Anthony
03-30-2005, 11:59 AM
i dont know if it was mentioned before...

But methinks AVN noticed the drop of floor traffic and the increase of traffic in the lounges leading up to the showroom floor.

I saw more people, talked to more people lounging by the front door, by the pool, by the bars, going up and down the escalators, even jumped Kourush when he was trying to go to the main floor.

Being the paranoid fuck that I am, it's just another way for AVN to make money on the people that did not buy a pass, just lounged and met away from the showroom floor. That would of course, with enough people doing just that, would equal loss for AVN.

Btw, who gives out the figures for the showroom floor traffic? This last show in Florida, had imho, less people than back in 2000. Everyone last show hung out by the pool. :D

Nickatilynx
03-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Mar 30 2005, 09:00 AM

But methinks AVN noticed the drop of floor traffic and the increase of traffic in the lounges leading up to the showroom floor.

I saw more people, talked to more people lounging by the front door, by the pool, by the bars, going up and down the escalators, even jumped Kourush when he was trying to go to the main floor.

Being the paranoid fuck that I am, it's just another way for AVN to make money on the people that did not buy a pass, just lounged and met away from the showroom floor. That would of course, with enough people doing just that, would equal loss for AVN.

Btw, who gives out the figures for the showroom floor traffic? This last show in Florida, had imho, less people than back in 2000. Everyone last show hung out by the pool. :D
:ph34r:

I reckon I can get to the pool , without a pass.

brand0n
03-30-2005, 03:09 PM
ok to clear up how do u get in with out a pass

well they are mailing you your pass this year

wonder what else is in store to be mailed to us

Aly_AVN
03-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by brand0n+Mar 29 2005, 07:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brand0n @ Mar 29 2005, 07:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by JoesHO1@Mar 29 2005, 02:17 PM

at 1st she said

- They will be providing complimentary Breakfast (in the Feature Pavilion/Exhibit Hall foyer) and Lunch outside the seminar room. [/b][/quote]
Gonzo asked me to outline what new networking opportunities have been added to the program... I mentioned the networking lunch because it is one of those new opportunities... A free meal is not a networking opportunity, it's an added value of a different kind.

I am not sitting here behind my computer spontaneously 'upping the anti' whenever I feel the need... That would be an amusing way of doing things though.

Aly_AVN
03-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 30 2005, 09:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 30 2005, 09:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony@Mar 30 2005, 09:00 AM

I reckon I can get to the pool , without a pass.

:ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Damn... now we have to hire security to tail Nick around the beaches of south Florida? I'll see if we can find a sponsor for that. ;)

Aly_AVN
03-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Mar 30 2005, 03:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Mar 30 2005, 03:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slavdogg@Mar 28 2005, 09:08 PM
But i dont understand one thing, if one needs a badge to get inside the hotel. And to get a bandge one must go inside the hotel first
That's the first thing I thought of when I read that too, Slav. [/b][/quote]
Badges are being mailed to attendees this year.

There will also be a registration desk right inside the lobby.

Nickatilynx
03-30-2005, 03:39 PM
They seek me here , they seek me there...

Anthony
03-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Aly_AVN+Mar 30 2005, 12:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aly_AVN @ Mar 30 2005, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Mar 30 2005, 03:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-slavdogg@Mar 28 2005, 09:08 PM

There will also be a registration desk right inside the lobby. [/b][/quote]
So the line will be outside the hotel this year? :)

Nickatilynx
03-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Anthony+Mar 30 2005, 01:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anthony @ Mar 30 2005, 01:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Aly_AVN@Mar 30 2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Mar 30 2005, 03:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-slavdogg@Mar 28 2005, 09:08 PM

There will also be a registration desk right inside the lobby.
So the line will be outside the hotel this year? :) [/b][/quote]
:burn:

Trouble is I do feel for Aly.LOL
No matter what she does someone is gonna piss and moan.

Its similar to running a board in fact ;-)))

The big difference is , she appears to care what people concerns are , whereas I frankly don't give a fuck ;-)))

Aly_AVN
03-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 30 2005, 01:11 PM

The big difference is , she appears to care what people concerns are , whereas I frankly don't give a fuck ;-)))

TEACH ME EVERYTHING YOU CAN! PLEASE!!! :wnw:

Trev
03-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Aly_AVN+Mar 30 2005, 10:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aly_AVN @ Mar 30 2005, 10:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Mar 30 2005, 01:11 PM

TEACH ME EVERYTHING YOU CAN! PLEASE!!! :wnw: [/b][/quote]
Thats easy... Do it your way and only your way and if someone gets pissed off or unhappy then thats a big plus :)

Nickatilynx
03-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Its real easy...its the ability to say "I don't give a fuck" and mean it.

Really is all it is. LOL

Usually it requires you to bew rich enough to not errr give a fuck , or at the other end of the scale poor enough to not give a fuck.

Its the freedom youi gain from saying "I don't give a fuck"

Try it , next time someone bitches post this..

"""" blah blah whine bitch cripe complain , I DON"T GIVE A FUCK!!!

Either:
a.) pay the ticket
b.) don't come to the show
c.) try and sneak in like Nickatilynx is gonna try.

Whichevewr you choose , good luck to you.

but frankly I don't give a fuck , which ."""""

I made a career on it..
Nick , consoles are bad , mmmkay - I don't give a fuck!!!
Nick , blind links are bad , mmkay - I don't give a fuck!!!
Nick , spam is bad mmkay - I don't give a fuck!!

;-)))))

TheEnforcer
03-30-2005, 04:47 PM
I think that's a t-shirt slogan waiting to happen.

Trev
03-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Mar 30 2005, 10:48 PM
I think that's a t-shirt slogan waiting to happen.
Been done by FCUK* waaay back in 2000 along with millions of others :P

I know because I've been:

Cool as FUCK and all the rest :)

FCUK = French Connection UK

Opti
03-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 31 2005, 07:42 AM

Really is all it is. LOL

Usually it requires you to bew rich enough to not errr give a fuck , or at the other end of the scale poor enough to not give a fuck.

Either:
a.) pay the ticket

I made a career on it..

;-)))))
Fuck me.. you are in a foul mood today!

Unless AVN has plans to wreck the show's future someone there must think this is a smart business decision.. at least Aly is making some attempt to explain it.. hate AVN or not.. asking why they do soemthing, then ranting about not giving a fuck after Aly answers make me feel like I've accidently hit GFY by mistake..

You aren't even funny today Nick.. or witty... just cunty!

Nickatilynx
03-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Opti+Mar 30 2005, 01:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Opti @ Mar 30 2005, 01:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Mar 31 2005, 07:42 AM

Really is all it is. LOL

Either:
a.) pay the ticket

I made a career on it..

;-)))))

Unless AVN has plans to wreck the show's future someone there must think this is a smart business decision.. at least Aly is making some attempt to explain it.. hate AVN or not.. asking why they do soemthing, then ranting about not giving a fuck after Aly answers make me feel like I've accidently hit GFY by mistake..

You aren't even funny today Nick.. or witty... just cunty! [/b][/quote]
Opti ,

Frankly I think its funny and I as I type this I am wondering why I am even answering your post cause I really don't give a fuck.

It has flown waaaaaayyyyyyyy over yr head mate.

See how it works Aly?

Trev
03-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Opti+Mar 30 2005, 10:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Opti @ Mar 30 2005, 10:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Mar 31 2005, 07:42 AM

Really is all it is. LOL

Either:
a.) pay the ticket

I made a career on it..

;-)))))

You aren't even funny today Nick.. or witty... just cunty! [/b][/quote]
Personaly and this might be just me but I think Nicks wit is best when he's cunty :)

Aly_AVN
03-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 30 2005, 01:59 PM

See how it works Aly?

Actually, I think it's fucking hilarious! :rokk:

Dravyk
03-30-2005, 06:03 PM
As this seems to have gotten lost in the sauce, I'll try posting it again. :)

Originally posted by Aly_AVN@Mar 28 2005, 06:18 PM
Aly, will that apply to Vegas '06 as well?

gonzo
03-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Drav.... Nick doesn't give a fuck about vegas. And you should know by now he's serious. Honestly do you think the cunts at avn have thought that far ahead?

I'm now in a pissy mood with nick. I ha d do go to the airport and now I'm trapped in a den of cunt at the hair salon that was made famous by rob lowe boning out some underaged cunt and filiming it.

So far I've seen red hair green hair and having your lip pierced is mandaroty to give a shampoo.

The things a man does for family and prostate.

I want my fucking mustard back.

Aly_AVN
03-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk+Mar 30 2005, 03:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ Mar 30 2005, 03:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> As this seems to have gotten lost in the sauce, I'll try posting it again. :)

<!--QuoteBegin-Aly_AVN@Mar 28 2005, 06:18 PM
Aly, will that apply to Vegas '06 as well? [/b][/quote]
Sorry, Sweetheart... I missed that one.

In short, I don't know yet. Vegas is a very different animal to play with.

I think we can all agree that something is needed to spice up the Vegas event... Like Florida though, if Internext is going to throw an event, it needs to draw revenue from something in order to do that. As it stands now, if the show floor in Vegas disappears, the event itself disappears due to lack of revenue; that's why a booth was required in order to throw an 'official' event... Let's face it though - unofficial events (AKA 'Leeches') are already quite popular during January Internext, so the booth requirement isn't as effective as it could be.

It's not really feasible to take over an entire hotel in Vegas, so the revenue can't be found there. To make a booth not a requirement requires finding a way to pay for an organized event without selling booth space.

After the January 2000 show, the number of Internext exhibitors declined, but it has actually remained at around the same number since then. What's changed are the booth sizes and number of flashing lights (I shrunk the Python booth around then, too)... which in turn, makes the show floor lose it's luster and, well, sex appeal! But the folks at Internext canmake exhibitors be large and exciting again as much as they can make JB and JoeE give eachother backrubs.

So in this very long response to your very simple question, I ask the question:
- Does the Online Adult Industry still want a Convention? ... or is it all about Conferences now?

Nickatilynx
03-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 30 2005, 03:38 PM
Drav.... Nick doesn't give a fuck about vegas. And you should know by now he's serious. Honestly do you think the cunts at avn have thought that far ahead?

I'm now in a pissy mood with nick. I ha d do go to the airport and now I'm trapped in a den of cunt at the hair salon that was made famous by rob lowe boning out some underaged cunt and filiming it.

So far I've seen red hair green hair and having your lip pierced is mandaroty to give a shampoo.

Obviously my partner and I are jointly cunty over the whole fucking thing and I think I speak for that cunt when I say .....

WE don't give a fuck!

JoesHO
03-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 30 2005, 03:38 PM

Helllpuppy, you wanna help out with that one? :agrin:

JoesHO
03-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 30 2005, 04:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 30 2005, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Mar 30 2005, 03:38 PM

Obviously my partner and I are jointly cunty over the whole fucking thing and I think I speak for that cunt when I say .....

WE don't give a fuck!

:) [/b][/quote]
Newton can you help with this one while I touch a cloth?

I am so confused, I am gonna have to snip its head soon if I dont figure it out ! :biglaugh:

Newton
03-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Touching a cloth and you touching cloth, are completely different things man lol ah you are what is commonly known as "turtling" on the brink of a massive bowel movement where the turtle sticks its head out, complete with stomach cramps, i understand now ;) Use the rounded edged scissors to snip its head off man or it could be nasty.

I don't comment on shows as i never go man, there is more than enough things to keep me busy online, let alone off. When i leave here its chill time mate; mind you that doesnt preclude me from visiting at some point ;) Would be nice to drop in on the relatives too at the same time.

JoesHO
03-30-2005, 11:44 PM
The british got so may ways to describe taking a shit, man I wonder what the thames smells like?

Newton
03-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Mar 30 2005, 08:45 PM
The british got so may ways to describe taking a shit, man I wonder what the thames smells like?
shit lol

Dravyk
03-31-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Newton+Mar 31 2005, 12:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Newton @ Mar 31 2005, 12:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JoesHO1@Mar 30 2005, 08:45 PM
shit lol [/b][/quote]
At least it hasn't caught fire in a century or two. :P

Gonzo, sorry to hear about that. (Whatever it was you said.)

Vick
03-31-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 30 2005, 06:38 PM

That is so 2001 :P