PDA

View Full Version : RIP Crowded House Drummer, Paul Hester

cj
03-27-2005, 06:46 PM
If you remember split endz and crowded house, you've heard his musical talent ... and incredible artist ... only 46, as yet cause of death is unknown.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3229987a10,00.html

He left behind some amazing music but never found any peace in his life ... hopefully he has found it now .......

Now I’m walking again to the beat of a drum
And I’m counting the steps to the door of your heart
Only shadows ahead barely clearing the roof
Get to know the feeling of liberation and relief

What's your favorite Crowded House track?

Anthony
03-27-2005, 07:51 PM
My favorite song by Crowded House?

You just posted it.

RIP.

Zebra
03-28-2005, 10:00 AM
I remember seeing them in 1987. Paul was a crazy man on the drums.
My favorite is only too appropriate for this news..

You better be home soon

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Seems he hung himself..

cj
03-28-2005, 06:54 PM
hung himself in a park ;-(

hopefully the world will remember his music more than his method of ending his life

Zebra, that must have been a kick as concert in 87 - right at the peak of their careers for all of them

There was a memorial feature on TV this morning where he was interviewed about filming the clip for Don't Dream Its Over - he talked about a huge fight they had the night before where Neil said 'we are a joke and dont deserve to call ourselves a band' ... they were considering their future and were feeling sad when they entered the studio, only to record the entire clip/song in 1 take and for it to go on to be one of the most played and loved singles in australian music history.

I had been hoping they were going to get back together for a reunion concert as I never got to see them live ;-(

Yug
03-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 28 2005, 03:55 PM
I had been hoping they were going to get back together for a reunion concert as I never got to see them live ;-(
Apparently they had talked about it and it looked like happening ... obviously not anymore though.

RIP Paul Hester ... my favourite song was 'four seasons in one day', but i was really a big fan of all their music

Nickatilynx
03-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Not wishing to be mean , but they had,what ,a couple of decent singles but only there debut album was successful.

We are talking very much about a C+ band really.

Sorry about the guy and great single "Don't Dream It's Over" but well....they weren't Depeche Mode ;-)))

grimm
03-29-2005, 01:08 PM
guess he dreamed it was over. FINALLY

cj
03-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Nick .....
maybe not in your country .....

the group behind them is responsible for a large portion of Australian music - to make it out of this country and break into the USA market is a big task .....