PDA

View Full Version : If you liked The Da Vinci Code- watch this

TheEnforcer
03-26-2005, 10:03 PM
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/channel/davinci/

This is one hell of a fascinating show on right now. They are looking at whether Da Vinci was a part of the prieure of sions in the part I am at now and whether the legend of King Arthur is a part of the Knights templar and whether they were gaurdians of the royal bloodlines of Jesus. I am enjoying this immensely and think everyone who read and enjoyed the book would be well served to watch it themselves.

Nickatilynx
03-26-2005, 11:13 PM
I watched one hosted by "Baldrick" from Blackadder the other night.

Interviewing authors , etc etc....

It concludes its bollocks and even one of the authors of one of the books says ,basically , its fiction,lol.

For example , Da Vinci did a portrait of a man he was fucking (being gay was virtually compulsory then) and he looks as femine as the figure in the last supper.It was his style to portray men who were gay in a femine way. Hence ...

After coming from Britain and watching some shows shown on the US as fact..it is very disturbing.

I particularly like the ones where they match say someone being say the Professor of Physic from a well know University that when asked about whatever the very dubioussay precept is who then of course says its highly unlikely.They then weight that against a guy who has a degree in the Paranormal that he bought online.

lol

leedsfan
03-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 26 2005, 08:14 PM

It concludes its bollocks and even one of the authors of one of the books says ,basically , its fiction,lol.

For example , Da Vinci did a portrait of a man he was fucking (being gay was virtually compulsory then) and he looks as femine as the figure in the last supper.It was his style to portray men who were gay in a femine way. Hence ...

After coming from Britain and watching some shows shown on the US as fact..it is very disturbing.

I particularly like the ones where they match say someone being say the Professor of Physic from a well know University that when asked about whatever the very dubioussay precept is who then of course says its highly unlikely.They then weight that against a guy who has a degree in the Paranormal that he bought online.

lol
i saw that too.
i remember reading the original books on the bloodline of christ years ago.

holy blood holy grail.

it was great. Dan brown has simply reinvented the story with a few twists.

anyway, its more of a likelihood that the current religous bollocks we currently see the various churces around the world purporting.

virgin mary...yeah right (although i have seen a few web sites dedicated to the deflowering).
jesus rises from the dead...we see that a lot don't we....
son of god...yeah, god....ri-ight. we all know an immortal who lives on our road dont we....

TheEnforcer
03-28-2005, 03:24 PM
leedsfan, you have mail. :)

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 03:26 PM
I remember when I first moved to Florida , getting used to the difference in News Reporting compared to UK.

" 120 MPH Winds causing wide spread death and destruction!
Will it hit us? Find out at 11"

Dravyk
03-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by leedsfan+Mar 28 2005, 03:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leedsfan @ Mar 28 2005, 03:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Mar 26 2005, 08:14 PM

lol
i saw that too.
i remember reading the original books on the bloodline of christ years ago.

holy blood holy grail.

it was great. Dan brown has simply reinvented the story with a few twists.

anyway, its more of a likelihood that the current religous bollocks we currently see the various churces around the world purporting.

virgin mary...yeah right (although i have seen a few web sites dedicated to the deflowering).
jesus rises from the dead...we see that a lot don't we....
son of god...yeah, god....ri-ight. we all know an immortal who lives on our road dont we.... [/b][/quote]
You gotta hand it to the Church. Brilliant marketers, simply beyond compare! Think about it.

First, take everything that has gone before it, all the pagan rituals, keep the same time of year, spin it into a new version, Christiandom 2.0. Sping Solstace, time of rebirth, risen from the dead, etc.

Create a negative and build on it: "If you question the teachings, you burn in hell and torment throughout all eternity. If you really question them, Inquisition; we'll help send you there. Believe something else? Crusades, war."

Create a positive and build on it: "If you listen to us you go to heaven, sit at the right hand of God, your soul is saved, etc."

Payoff: Promote charity, have to give to the plate twice each Sunday. Not only that, have to do it in front of your peers, that way you look bad if you don't. (Not to mention probably go to hell too.) Rake in the bazillions. Make your own country even.

Apply this to the web or any business, you have a bona fide winner.

leedsfan
03-28-2005, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE]You gotta hand it to the Church. Brilliant marketers, simply beyond compare! Think about it.

First, take everything that has gone before it, all the pagan rituals, keep the same time of year, spin it into a new version, Christiandom 2.0. Sping Solstace, time of rebirth, risen from the dead, etc.

Create a negative and build on it: "If you question the teachings, you burn in hell and torment throughout all eternity. If you really question them, Inquisition; we'll help send you there. Believe something else? Crusades, war."

Create a positive and build on it: "If you listen to us you go to heaven, sit at the right hand of God, your soul is saved, etc."

Payoff: Promote charity, have to give to the plate twice each Sunday. Not only that, have to do it in front of your peers, that way you look bad if you don't. (Not to mention probably go to hell too.) Rake in the bazillions. Make your own country even.

Apply this to the web or any business, you have a bona fide winner.
[QUOTE]

church of leedsfan, coming to a pulpit near you.

Nickatilynx
03-28-2005, 04:24 PM
too slow...

http://www.churchoftomorrow.com

Bless you my son...

Dravyk
03-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 28 2005, 04:25 PM
too slow...

http://www.churchoftomorrow.com

Bless you my son...
Father Nick, will you being playing the Barry Fitzgerald role or the Bing Crosby part? :P