PDA

View Full Version : Lars Sells to ADult Friend Finder

gonzo
03-25-2005, 04:22 AM
I figured since you guys loved to post over here the big announcement would be all over Oprano. Since it isnt ....I wonder whats going to happen to all those $70 payouts and such now that Lars sold StreamRay to AFF?

slavdogg
03-25-2005, 04:48 AM
Gonzo are you implying that Lars will not honor the $70 promo deals ?

slavdogg
03-25-2005, 04:55 AM
btw, where is the annoucement if the sale ?
how much was it sold for ?

gonzo
03-25-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Mar 25 2005, 04:49 AM
Gonzo are you implying that Lars will not honor the $70 promo deals ?
Just trying to stay informed is all. The announcement was all over AVN and Xbiz...curious how it didnt make it over here isnt it?

streamray sean
03-25-2005, 05:36 AM
you need to read up a little more on all of that. it was not a sale, they merged.
and just for a plug, right now we are paying up to $130 per join.
check it out www.streamray.com

FRIENDFINDER AND STREAMRAY INC. ANNOUNCE MERGER

PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Various Inc., the new parent company of FriendFinder, the world’s largest operator of dating and social networking websites, and Streamray Inc., one of the web’s leading live cam companies, have announced their merger. The combination of the two businesses will create a powerful online combination of technology, services and consumer websites.

Terms of the merger between the two privately held companies were not disclosed. Various operates 20 multicultural and multilingual sites, including the Friendfinder network. Streamray operates Cams.com and other pay-per-minute video feed services. Both companies offer technology-driven sites that aggregate and serve content provided by members or independent contractors.

“Various and Streamray have a natural affinity and offer preeminent products aimed at similar markets,” said Andrew Conru, CEO and founder of Various. “This merger brings together two market leaders and creates an unparalleled partnership with the strongest technology and talent in the industry. The merger will give us an opportunity develop new and innovative services for members in our FriendFinder network, and use our resources to further develop Streamray.”

“We are very excited about the prospects for our affiliates and our customers,” said “Legendary” Lars, owner of Las Vegas-based Streamray. “All of our affiliates from both companies will benefit by a combination of our technologies and skills. Our customers will benefit by added services and improved support. In addition to potential cost savings from consolidating operations, Various and Streamray have distinctive product lines and complementary types of customers which should provide fertile ground for new marketing initiatives aimed at profitable revenue growth.”

Legendary Lars will remain president of Streamray. and assume the new role of marketing master at FriendFinder. Andrew will remain president of Various and will oversee the IT of the company.

The combined company of 180 employees will continue to operate separate affiliate programs but will develop programs to enable affiliates of both to easily promote the other. The company plans to announce key upgrades to their products and services in coming months.

FriendFinder Inc. is the world’s largest operator of dating and social networking websites with a growing network of over 20 multicultural and multilingual sites. In less than a decade, more than 90 million people have joined its sites, with more than 25 million active today.

A pioneer and innovator in online dating since its inception in 1996, FriendFinder Inc. empowers members to create virtual communities where they can privately and comfortably meet people with similar interests in a safe and stimulating environment. The privately funded company is based in Palo Alto, Calif.

Jace
03-25-2005, 05:39 AM
they just merged

meaning AFF will be using streamrays technology and both will share affiliate
from the sounds of it, avn was just digging with the sale thing

streamray sean
03-25-2005, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 25 2005, 01:23 AM
I figured since you guys loved to post over here the big announcement would be all over Oprano. Since it isnt ....I wonder whats going to happen to all those $70 payouts and such now that Lars sold StreamRay to AFF?
and just so i make this as clear as possible. AFF and Legendary Lars are now partners. and we are paying out up to $130 per join, so its not quite double the $70 join, but if you ask nice... i will make it that.

no sig yet, but here is my contact info

sean at streamray
icq# 147798861
aim salesstreamray

streamray sean
03-25-2005, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by JaceXXX@Mar 25 2005, 02:40 AM
they just merged

meaning AFF will be using streamrays technology and both will share affiliate
from the sounds of it, avn was just digging with the sale thing
ya... no love from avn on that one. i think i need to send a fruit basket or something.

Newton
03-25-2005, 06:11 AM
Heartiest congratulations on the merger :okthumb:

Nickatilynx
03-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Congratulations to all on the merger.

JoesHO
03-25-2005, 11:25 AM
So I am confused ( like normal) is this merger a merger? or is it a press annnouncement?

what has/will change as a result of the merger

did any money change hands? are the principles all the same on all fronts?

is that really a merger? or is it just cobranding? or mutual business?

could someone be a little more specific for me please?

RyanLanane
03-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Big Deal, congrats Steamray !

Ryan

Nickatilynx
03-25-2005, 01:54 PM
"""and assume the new role of marketing master at FriendFinder. Andrew will remain president of Various and will oversee the IT of the company.""""

??????

Merger? Nawwww thay swallowed you up!! LOL

Lets not get carried away with the bullshit....

;-))

Mike AI
03-25-2005, 01:58 PM
This is a natural step, the industry is going to continue consolidating.

streamray sean
03-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Mar 25 2005, 08:26 AM
So I am confused ( like normal) is this merger a merger? or is it a press annnouncement?

what has/will change as a result of the merger

did any money change hands? are the principles all the same on all fronts?

is that really a merger? or is it just cobranding? or mutual business?

could someone be a little more specific for me please?
its a real merger. there will still be some independence on both sides,
but as time goes on, there will be a lot of integration. there will
be some people at the AFF offices just for streamray, and some people
at the streamray offices just for AFF, and there will be some doing
both. the first steps that you will see will be linking codes working
for both programs.

streamray sean
03-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 25 2005, 10:55 AM
"""and assume the new role of marketing master at FriendFinder. Andrew will remain president of Various and will oversee the IT of the company.""""

??????

Merger? Nawwww thay swallowed you up!! LOL

Lets not get carried away with the bullshit....

;-))
you must not really know the players that we are talking about.

streamray sean
03-25-2005, 02:34 PM
thank you for the congratulations

SykkBoy
03-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Didn't Lars actually start or start with AFF? I can't remember.
Anyways, it's great to see these two players merge into a superplayer company.

Hell Puppy
03-25-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm surprised no one has used the word "synergy" yet....

I have to confess, it hasn't come to my attention how much good promotional stuff Streamray has added until I saw this thread and took a look. Very nice.

I signed up.

Now let's see if I can muster up the 800 or so signups needed to get that $130....

streamray sean
03-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Mar 25 2005, 02:25 PM

I have to confess, it hasn't come to my attention how much good promotional stuff Streamray has added until I saw this thread and took a look. Very nice.

I signed up.

Now let's see if I can muster up the 800 or so signups needed to get that $130....
thanks, and if you have any questions, hit me up icq# 147498861

Dravyk
03-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Mar 25 2005, 05:25 PM
Don't forget "horizontal integration". :)

Funny thing is, I remember corresponding to both Lars and Andrew way back before I even got into adult. (Yes, during the Dark Ages.)

legendarylars
03-25-2005, 06:28 PM
:) thanks everyone on the kind words, and for the naysayers all i can say I am extreamly pleased with the outcome, It is a merger not a buyout, you can think whatever you want but anyone who knows me knows i shoot straigh and call it liek it is ! I look forward to workign with all affiliates of both companies to bring my specialties tothe table to create a juggernaught of a company and Andrew is going to be lending his experties to stremray to make it the number one cam site on the net before the end of the year in both sales and number of models online ! That is my goal ! :bjump:

TheEnforcer
03-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Heya Lars,

When you get a chance hit me up on that e-mail i sent you. I certainly understand you've been busy given this bit of big news!! :okthumb: Maybe sometime over the weekend or early next week we can talk. We can definately put your program in front of new people like Hellpuppy and other Oprano regulars and give you plenty of exposure in different areas with our packages.

JoesHO
03-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Congratulations,, sounds great ( I am still confused though LOL)

well whatever it is, good luck with it, I am sure it will be successful, as both of the companies involved are known to be on top of their game .... :okthumb:

Elli
03-26-2005, 04:26 PM
I have no idea why this thread didn't set off my BoardTracker or if it did, where the email went. Sorry folks :(

I did tell you what the new payout schedule was this month: http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=17216 :) So no complaining there!

And this whole merger has been very exciting! I see only good things happening for our affiliates. More tools and more creativity in one spot to promote two great programs! What more can you ask for, right? :)