PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a program

NickPapageorgio
03-23-2005, 12:18 PM
I need to open and view the contents of a .pst MS Outlook email archive. I had a computer that the mother board went bad on that I had to have the info retrieved from. For whatever reason, I can't use the "import" feature on my Outlook Express to view this archive. Does anyone know of a program that will allow me to view these? Can I download MS Outlook from anywhere or is that something that needs to be loaded on my PC when I bought it? My other PC had both MS Outlook and Outlook Express but this one only has express. :(

Newton
03-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Nick, I am fairly sure that the Mozilla suite (mail specifically) can import the .pst files

1. On the PC, install Mozilla and make sure the email option is installed as well (i.e. not browser only).

2. In Mozilla Mail, select Tools, Import, and then select the Mail radio button. Select Outlook from the next dialog box and your Outlook email will be imported (email will remain within the correct folders).

3. In Windows 2000, your mail folders will be created as files located in Documents and Settings/username/Application Data/Mozilla/Profiles folder somewhere (there may be a few more levels under this).

NickPapageorgio
03-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Newton@Mar 23 2005, 10:24 AM
Nick, I am fairly sure that the Mozilla suite (mail specifically) can import the .pst files

1. On the PC, install Mozilla and make sure the email option is installed as well (i.e. not browser only).

2. In Mozilla Mail, select Tools, Import, and then select the Mail radio button. Select Outlook from the next dialog box and your Outlook email will be imported (email will remain within the correct folders).

3. In Windows 2000, your mail folders will be created as files located in Documents and Settings/username/Application Data/Mozilla/Profiles folder somewhere (there may be a few more levels under this).
Every program I have tried has the "import from Outlook" selection but the problem is, I only have the .pst file. Outlook isn't installed on this machine at all so the programs don't know where to look or they tell me that I don't have Outlook installed. I want something that I can do something like "File>Open>Outlook.pst" and it will put it in like a text file or something.

I don't ask for much eh? lol...

DrGuile
03-23-2005, 02:34 PM
uh... outlook comes in office...