PDA

View Full Version : Nick, please go buy a new pair of shoes.

Weg Cory
03-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Dancing shoes.

I am going to come to the Montreal show. I like dancing. :)

Anyone else going to be up there?

Nickatilynx
03-22-2005, 09:52 PM
When youj gonna be there?

Weg Cory
03-22-2005, 10:43 PM
The show is May 5 through May 7, so likely a day before the start.....something like that.

Getting it all worked out now and looking forward to it.

I want to give you a big hug.

*KK*
03-23-2005, 12:34 AM
Hahaha, Nick won't be in Montreal. That would require flying on an airplane, since all his AZN drivers have gone either south or back to school.

And what the hell is wrong with his opera slippers? I believe they are Loro Piana cashmere... short of skinning the devil and having him dried slowly and moistly, I don't know that you get much better.

Hell Puppy
03-23-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by *KK*@Mar 23 2005, 12:35 AM
Hahaha, Nick won't be in Montreal. That would require flying on an airplane, since all his AZN drivers have gone either south or back to school.

And what the hell is wrong with his opera slippers? I believe they are Loro Piana cashmere... short of skinning the devil and having him dried slowly and moistly, I don't know that you get much better.
Oh please.

You're not truly suave until you own at least one pair of John Lobb shoes.

They do visit the U.S. several times a year for fittings and orders, in fact they'll be in Atlanta in a couple of weeks (April 6th and 7th) if any of my brethren would like to partake. The shoes should arrive just in time for Christmas if they do not already have your feet "on file".

Maybe I should post a note to the Atlanta Webmasters list, given how Jace gripes about us always picking expensive places for dinner, I'm sure he'll really think we're nuts when he finds out what a good pair of shoes costs. :blink:

Nickatilynx
03-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Mar 22 2005, 10:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Mar 22 2005, 10:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*KK*@Mar 23 2005, 12:35 AM

Oh please.

They do visit the U.S. several times a year for fittings and orders, in fact they'll be in Atlanta in a couple of weeks (April 6th and 7th) if any of my brethren would like to partake. The shoes should arrive just in time for Christmas if they do not already have your feet "on file".

Maybe I should post a note to the Atlanta Webmasters list, given how Jace gripes about us always picking expensive places for dinner, I'm sure he'll really think we're nuts when he finds out what a good pair of shoes costs. :blink: [/b][/quote]
Yup , in fact I did post that some time ago , see our Sothern friends have class and style :)

But of course , Gucci for day to day wear is fine.

The trully "styling" also need to own at least one Gieves and Hawkes suit too :)

Nickatilynx
03-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by *KK*@Mar 22 2005, 09:35 PM

The old slapper IS sorta right.

I do intend to go out east this summer. (Wife has never seen Montreal etc , my eldest daughter to earn some choice Quebecois phrases from Dr.Guile ,etc)

But I doubt it will be in May.

Note...my Asians rarely drove me anyway.Well except Shoeii. He could park the RV ( The Spammobile) on a dime.

The largest one only drove me when drunk as he has the seat so far reclined I was in fear of him dozing off.

or

Normally He would ,of course, be in another car or I would have no one to race against :)

Hell Puppy
03-24-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 23 2005, 11:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 23 2005, 11:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Mar 22 2005, 10:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-*KK*@Mar 23 2005, 12:35 AM

Oh please.

Maybe I should post a note to the Atlanta Webmasters list, given how Jace gripes about us always picking expensive places for dinner, I'm sure he'll really think we're nuts when he finds out what a good pair of shoes costs. :blink:
Yup , in fact I did post that some time ago , see our Sothern friends have class and style :)

The trully "styling" also need to own at least one Gieves and Hawkes suit too :) [/b][/quote]
Fortunately for my bank account, G&H have never hit Atlanta....or if they have I haven't heard about it.

And I dont find myself on Savile Row very often. ;)

Every true gentleman should own at least one suit where he can truly say he's custom made from head to toe. And credit it where it's due, the Brits have been doing it a long time and have gotten pretty good at it.

gonzo
03-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Mar 24 2005, 12:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Mar 24 2005, 12:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 23 2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Mar 22 2005, 10:16 PM

Oh please.

The trully "styling" also need to own at least one Gieves and Hawkes suit too :)
Fortunately for my bank account, G&H have never hit Atlanta....or if they have I haven't heard about it.

Every true gentleman should own at least one suit where he can truly say he's custom made from head to toe. And credit it where it's due, the Brits have been doing it a long time and have gotten pretty good at it. [/b][/quote]
So has Ric Flair...custom made baby from head to toe....

Whooooo!

Anthony
03-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 23 2005, 08:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 23 2005, 08:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*KK*@Mar 22 2005, 09:35 PM

The old slapper IS sorta right.

I do intend to go out east this summer. (Wife has never seen Montreal etc , my eldest daughter to earn some choice Quebecois phrases from Dr.Guile ,etc)

But I doubt it will be in May.

Note...my Asians rarely drove me anyway.Well except Shoeii. He could park the RV ( The Spammobile) on a dime.

The largest one only drove me when drunk as he has the seat so far reclined I was in fear of him dozing off.

or

Normally He would ,of course, be in another car or I would have no one to race against :) [/b][/quote]
you know what they say about asains.

They got natural rhythm!

As well as excellent drivers.

Nickatilynx
03-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Good bbqers!!!

Excelent drivers!!!??? WTF!!! Shoeii is the exception.

Nickatilynx
03-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Mar 23 2005, 09:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Mar 23 2005, 09:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 23 2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Mar 22 2005, 10:16 PM

Oh please.

Every true gentleman should own at least one suit where he can truly say he's custom made from head to toe. And credit it where it's due, the Brits have been doing it a long time and have gotten pretty good at it. [/b][/quote]
HP,

Fuck G&H.

I have three of them.All now about 10 yrs old , The cheapest was 3000 Sterling. Fucking GBP baby!!

This thread inspired me to check on them.

The material has obviously shrunk at some point.

I mean whats the point of bespoke tailoring if they are gonna shrink!!! ;-))))

Good thing is your feet stay the same size. I have gucci loafers that are 10 yrs old , and thanks to this guy Ant found who refurbished them , they in great shape. :)