PDA

View Full Version : Hymes Quits AVN

Lee
03-21-2005, 06:53 PM
http://www.avnonline.com/index.php?Primary...ntent_ID=220338 (http://www.avnonline.com/index.php?Primary_Navigation=Web_Exclusive_News&Action=View_Article&Content_ID=220338)

Chatsworth, Ca. - After three years at the helm, Tom Hymes has resigned as editor of AVN Online magazine, effective April 1, 2005.

Hymes has been with the magazine from its very first issue in May 1999, first as a staff writer, and then as editor from July of 2002 until the present.

“This is certainly not an easy decision for me, as I have an umbilical attachment to the magazine,” said Hymes, “but all good things must eventually come to an end, and it’s now time for me to explore other prospects. I can’t thank Darren Roberts and Paul Fishbein enough for giving me the opportunity to run the magazine, and I’m especially glad that our parting is amicable and leaves the door open to working together in the future.”

”We’re sorry to see Tom go,” said Darren Roberts, C.O.O. of Teddy Communications, the parent company of AVN Online. “He’s been a real asset to the team over the years, but we wish him the best, and certainly hope to maintain a close professional and personal relationship.”

For comment, call Tom at 818.718.5788 x119, or tom@avnonline.com.

Wonder why?

gonzo
03-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Maybe Aly knows.

Weg Cory
03-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Tom is a great guy. I chatted with him a few hours before the release went out. He seemed positive about his future and I would imagine he will only go up from here.

AdultLoungeRaffi
03-22-2005, 03:34 AM
Tom is a good man...did a great job...will miss his work....good luck with your future plans Tom.

Nickatilynx
03-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Don't know him but wish him the best.

*KK*
03-22-2005, 12:14 PM
99 to the present is a long time, not many people these days that work at a job that long, so I can see where boredom, pressure, daily grind, etc could all contribute to his leaving, without knowing the story.

Tom's a great guy, maybe he'll have some free time to take the boat out now ;)

Evil Chris
03-22-2005, 12:17 PM
I've been out with Tom for dinner/lunch many times over the years.
Always a pleasure to chat with him. He's a well of information, but he's also a great listener. A rarity in this business.

Good luck Tom.

leedsfan
03-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Tom is a great guy. He'll come out all guns blazing with something.

Aly_AVN
03-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 21 2005, 03:56 PM
Maybe Aly knows.
...maybe she does! B)

Actually, it's much the same reason as I had for leaving Python (I also started there in '99); eventually, you just need to do something new. He'll still be writing for us a bit, thankfully. I'm very happy for him on a personal level; change isn't just good, it's necessary.