PDA

View Full Version : OH SHIT! 20' shark rips man in half

JoesHO
03-20-2005, 09:46 AM
I am definatly with TE on this, why the hell would anyone get in the ocean with thse things, and why do we not just go on a search and destroy to whipe them out !!!!

Peaches
03-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Tens of thousands more people died in car wrecks last year than in shark attacks. Stay out of cars if you really want be safe! :P

VooMan
03-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Why would we want to wipe them out? For having a meal?

I forget where I read this, but I believe it's probably quite true:

"If all the insects on this planet were wiped out tomorrow, all life would be wiped out within five years time..."

"If all humans were wiped off the face of the earth, in five years the earth would be flourishing with life..."

TheEnforcer
03-20-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm scared shitless by them but I don't want then wiped out. This os more evidence you are nothing but fish food if you swim in the ocean though.

TheEnforcer
03-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Mar 20 2005, 10:18 AM
Tens of thousands more people died in car wrecks last year than in shark attacks. Stay out of cars if you really want be safe! :P
Oh, just be quiet will you!! <_<

Nickatilynx
03-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Mar 20 2005, 07:52 AM
I'm scared shitless by them but I don't want then wiped out. This os more evidence you are nothing but fish food if you swim in the ocean though.
You are a very strange person.

nickdark
03-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Mar 20 2005, 07:52 AM
LOL TE..your old avatar was you on a deep sea fishing boat?? whats the deal!?

Phoenix
03-20-2005, 05:01 PM
it would be easy enough to "gate" some shorelines to keep the sharks out of range

that new electronic field generator seems pretty cool

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/sharkweek2004/surfboard.html

TheEnforcer
03-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by nickdark+Mar 20 2005, 04:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nickdark @ Mar 20 2005, 04:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Mar 20 2005, 07:52 AM
LOL TE..your old avatar was you on a deep sea fishing boat?? whats the deal!? [/b][/quote]
Hahaha. You must be thinking of someone else. I've had three avatars here. Garak from Deep Space Nine, Calvin and Hobbes, and now this one. No sharks!! :) You might have seen a pic if me I used to have that was on my parents sailboat on the great lakes somewhere. Lake Michigan is fresh water :>))

cj
03-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix@Mar 20 2005, 05:02 PM
it would be easy enough to "gate" some shorelines to keep the sharks out of range

that new electronic field generator seems pretty cool

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/sharkweek2004/surfboard.html
they already do this ...

I've been to some incredible platoon's in the middle of the ocean/great barrier reef where they rope an area of several miles, take the bad shit out and leave the good shit in and its as safe as any tourist activity ....

how can a shark be held responsible for eating a chunk of meat that was swimming in his home? there are plenty enough areas for humans to go - if these people considered themselves too special to stick in the areas that are safe for them, then how is that the shark's fault?

TE, if you ever make it to my shores I'll take you somewhere to overcome your fear - there's so many beautiful things to see in the ocean and safe places to do it.

You know there is a problem with sharks eating people when you STOP hearing about it in the media. The fact that it still makes the news means it doesn't happen that often. ;-)

Dravyk
03-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Mar 20 2005, 10:52 AM
I'm going to keep making bets with you until you're bait!! :grrr: