PDA

View Full Version : St Paddys Day

Yug
03-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Its not just enough to drink guiness until you pass out this St Paddys Day ... you have to sound the part as well. Here's a quick 'how to speak like an irishman' guide i found which may prove useful:

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/irisha...rishaccent.html (http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/irishaccent/irishaccent.html)

And for anyone curious as to who the hell St Patrick was, then heres a helpful link for you, boyo:
http://www.st-patricks-day.com/about_saintpatrick.asp

I always get confused when i try to do an irish accent ... I keep mixing it up with scottish and pirate ... so i end up sounding like a scottish / irish pirate ...

Arrrr, tha luck o tha Irish

Nickatilynx
03-16-2005, 10:12 PM
"boyo"

is fucking welsh!!!!

The leek wearing rugby song singing bastards....

gonzo
03-16-2005, 10:13 PM
I cant wait! We have redneck St Patricks day. We go kick all the wanna be Irish's teeth in. You know the ones that are tall dark and all studly.

If one of them beanies falls out of their pocket during the ass kicking we call in the 2nd wave.

Spin your top and light your fucking candles.... just stay away from my holiday!

cj
03-16-2005, 10:20 PM
lmao @ gonzo

well, that's one way to celebrate i guess :rolleyes:

We go for a slightly more traditional day down here ... I'm wearing a green scarf today, but because its thursday we're saving our celebrations for tomorrow night.

Its my mom's b'day on st pats day ... every year ;-)

slavdogg
03-16-2005, 10:24 PM
when is it ??

cj
03-16-2005, 10:31 PM
tomorrow for you ... today for us

17th march

grimm
03-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 16 2005, 07:14 PM
I cant wait! We have redneck St Patricks day. We go kick all the wanna be Irish's teeth. You know the ones that are tall dark and all studly.

If one of them beanies falls out of their pocket during the ass kicking we call in the 2nd wave.

Spin your top and light your fucking candles.... just stay away from my holiday!
i don;t know too many Jews that give a crap about a stupid drunken mick holiday;)

gonzo
03-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Mar 16 2005, 10:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Mar 16 2005, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Mar 16 2005, 07:14 PM
I cant wait! We have redneck St Patricks day. We go kick all the wanna be Irish's teeth. You know the ones that are tall dark and all studly.

i don;t know too many Jews that give a crap about a stupid drunken mick holiday;) [/b][/quote]
Ive seen one wanna be.... I was standing on a balcony.... he laughed and pointed at someone screaming leprechan..... he left on a streacher for the hospital. Every bottle in the place rained down on his ass simultaneous.

grimm
03-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Mar 16 2005, 07:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Mar 16 2005, 07:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Mar 16 2005, 10:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Mar 16 2005, 07:14 PM

i don;t know too many Jews that give a crap about a stupid drunken mick holiday;)
Ive seen one wanna be.... I was standing on a balcony.... he laughed and pointed at someone screaming leprechan..... he left on a streacher for the hospital. Every bottle in the place rained down on his ass simultaneous. [/b][/quote]
DFS is no way to go through life, son.;)

gonzo
03-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Mar 16 2005, 10:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Mar 16 2005, 10:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 16 2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Mar 16 2005, 10:35 PM

Ive seen one wanna be.... I was standing on a balcony.... he laughed and pointed at someone screaming leprechan..... he left on a streacher for the hospital. Every bottle in the place rained down on his ass simultaneous.
DFS is no way to go through life, son.;) [/b][/quote]
Yea somebody told me a couple of Fucking Micks run the joint now.

Nickatilynx
03-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 16 2005, 07:32 PM

17th march
Only a day?

Lightweights!!!!

When I was drinking , St.Paddy's was at least a week!!! ;-)

The party we had on The Sudan's Republic Day in 2001 was a great one.

(We were trying top cut down our partying to weekends and holidays.
Then we got a book that gave us all the holidays everywhere in the world. ;-)

grimm
03-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 16 2005, 07:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 16 2005, 07:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cj@Mar 16 2005, 07:32 PM

17th march
Only a day?

Lightweights!!!!

Then we got a book that gave us all the holidays everywhere in the world. ;-) [/b][/quote]
when i was drinking , i only knew it was st patrick's day by the green, kind of like the changing of the leaves in the fall. crowds just got a little bigger:)

grimm
03-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Mar 16 2005, 07:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Mar 16 2005, 07:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Mar 16 2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 16 2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Mar 16 2005, 10:35 PM

DFS is no way to go through life, son.;)
Yea somebody told me a couple of Fucking Micks run the joint now. [/b][/quote]
In New Orleans, st patricks day is huge. 2 parades, like a mini mardi gras. fucking blast.

cj
03-16-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 16 2005, 10:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 16 2005, 10:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cj@Mar 16 2005, 07:32 PM

17th march
Only a day?

Lightweights!!!!

Then we got a book that gave us all the holidays everywhere in the world. ;-) [/b][/quote]
oh puhlease :rolleyes:
a week is nothing :rolleyes:

us aussies party for the entire month!!!

:P

In the St Pats Day spirit, my e-commerce blog this week .......

As a 3rd generation Irish woman living in Australia, today is a special day - not just because its St Patricks day, but because its my Mother's birthday! For those with a bit of Irish in us (or the blondes reading this!), that means my Mother's birthday is on St Pats Day .... every year! St Pat's is an entire day packed with green beer, midori champagne and bad pick up lines from Irishmen ... "Got Any Irish In Ya?" ... "No" ... "Want Some?"

This day seems to largely bipass the American culture, but it isn't lost on the British, Aussie's and obviously the Irish - 3 nations known for their ability to consume a lot of Beer in a short period of time. The only obvious difference between the 3 cultures is HOW they consume their beer ... the Irish like to eat theirs with a spoon, the Brits like theirs warm and the Aussies drink anything that's not Fosters - as long as its cold!

I could go on all day with cultural jokes about out closest nations, but I hear you asking "What does this have to do with e-commerce?" Read on to find out ...

http://www.ecommerce-blog.com

Nickatilynx
03-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by cj+Mar 16 2005, 08:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ Mar 16 2005, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 16 2005, 10:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-cj@Mar 16 2005, 07:32 PM

17th march
Only a day?

Lightweights!!!!

Then we got a book that gave us all the holidays everywhere in the world. ;-)
oh puhlease :rolleyes:
a week is nothing :rolleyes:

us aussies party for the entire month!!!

:P

In the St Pats Day spirit, my e-commerce blog this week .......

As a 3rd generation Irish woman living in Australia, today is a special day - not just because its St Patricks day, but because its my Mother's birthday! For those with a bit of Irish in us (or the blondes reading this!), that means my Mother's birthday is on St Pats Day .... every year! St Pat's is an entire day packed with green beer, midori champagne and bad pick up lines from Irishmen ... "Got Any Irish In Ya?" ... "No" ... "Want Some?"

This day seems to largely bipass the American culture, but it isn't lost on the British, Aussie's and obviously the Irish - 3 nations known for their ability to consume a lot of Beer in a short period of time. The only obvious difference between the 3 cultures is HOW they consume their beer ... the Irish like to eat theirs with a spoon, the Brits like theirs warm and the Aussies drink anything that's not Fosters - as long as its cold!

I could go on all day with cultural jokes about out closest nations, but I hear you asking "What does this have to do with e-commerce?" Read on to find out ...

http://www.ecommerce-blog.com [/b][/quote]
I've partied with a few hard partying Aussies....

;-)))

Oh and nice gratuitous boardwhoring your blog , and also nice forum link placement ;-))

:)

cj
03-16-2005, 11:58 PM
:agrin:

I didn't get the tshirt for my blowjob ability :biglaugh: