PDA

View Full Version : x-ibill looking for work

EvilShelb
03-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I’m not really new here. I’ve been lurking in the industry for the last four and a half years. As most of you are aware iBill had a layoff last week. My position was eliminated due to what they referred to as a reorganization of business resources. I have some plans for the future which include trying to distance myself from Deerfield. If anyone in the north-east Tampa or pan handle area is looking for a capable employee please feel free to drop me an email: evilshelb at yahoo dot com.
I’ll send my resume and contact information to those of you that are interested. And no my heart is not set on those areas of Florida but I would like to stay in the south, and yes of course I am reliable enough to telecommute.

Why me, what do I do??? Well I started at iBill as on of the few sales support people in 2000. I was the manager of that department after a month and created the password management set-up engineer group and managed it as well for my first year. My second year there I volunteered to move to application support. My groups were running well and attrition left application support low on resources that knew the biz. My last two years there I was one of two database managers. My skills lean heavily to the TSQL development side. Importing, exporting, live updates to data in a (back in the day) hugely overworked database. Stored procedures, views, triggers, custom data mining or custom reporting for clients, sales and accounting were just a few of the daily stuff that I did.

On the side… I ran my own adult site for less than a year, but didn’t like the overhead. So I got a camera and did some amateur stuff.. No headaches there right… and the last few years I drove traffic until iBill revshare was a forgotten product. I have a very unique insight in to this strange industry from a LOT of different points of view.

I’ll try reply to everyone that is interested, but please do not expect answers to questions like where is my money.. I do NOT speak for iBill and they do NOT speak for me. My employment ended with them last Friday.

Some of you might think I’m crazy for posting here and undoubtedly getting flamed for working for a company that is, what it is…. I on the other hand want to move on too something better, and I am proud of the work I did for them. It was cool to do the impossible for the ungrateful for so long. I am one of many awesome grunts that made that company millions over the years that got dropped by the way side because of bad choices that we were never in control of.

Thanks for taking the time to read my spam. I look forward to hearing from you. Who knows maybe something good will come from this.

Evil Shelb

Nickatilynx
03-16-2005, 03:32 PM
How many people did they lay off.

How many are left

And how come the money is now coming from Antigua

are the first three off the top of my head...

MacDaddy
03-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Shelb is good people and if you are looking for someone with his skillset, he can help you out for sure.

Good luck Shelb!!!!

EvilShelb
03-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the good word Mac!

Bestat
03-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the board Shelb! I doubt if you will get flamed here, it's not like you held our money :)

Sounds like you have some great skill setsm sure someone will be picking you up soon!

:)

*KK*
03-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 16 2005, 12:33 PM
How many people did they lay off.

How many are left

And how come the money is now coming from Antigua

are the first three off the top of my head...
ROFL, the pikey reading comprehension strikes again ;)

rtv
03-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Shelb!

So you absolutely dont know are they going to pay us?

brand0n
03-19-2005, 07:54 PM
happen to keep a copy of the sites memebers emails? if so ive got work for you starting right now :biglaugh:

EvilShelb
03-24-2005, 10:57 PM
rtv -- sorry can't help you they couldn't pay me either that is why I was looking for work.
Good luck...

JoesHO
03-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Good luck, shelby sorry to hear how that whole thing went down...

Newton
03-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Welcome to Oprano, I trust you will find something soon, and the very best of luck :okthumb: