PDA

View Full Version : Lebanon....

Mike AI
03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Interesting times....

The latest pro-democracy rally - 800,000 people....

http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p...0&c=news_photos (http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p=demonstrators+beirut&ei=UTF-8&fl=0&c=news_photos)

It would be nice to see something possitive happen here. Even if we have to recognize Hezzbellah as a political party. If this can bring some positive change, the momentum needs to continue. Even the French would be happy with that. Then we could put in a UN peace keeping force to start raping women while keeping Lebanon free.

Realisticly it is probably going to turn into another civil war. Syria may pull out its army but will still control Lebanon through its secret agents, and Hezbellah who with Iran they control. The Israelies might get invovled again as well.

I would not even think about putting US troops in Lebanon. I think the solution should be put Syria on spot. Tell them to pull everyone out, and control terrorist attacks or else we hold Syria responsible and target them for regime change.

Or we could just cut out all the negotiations and just go straight to regime change.

Lee
03-14-2005, 06:03 PM
They need liberating.

slavdogg
03-14-2005, 06:12 PM
part of the previous agreements for Syrian pull out had to do with Hezzbellah disarming. Will that ever happen ??

All the other groups were diarmed, so now there is a small army inside a country with virtually no army.

Palestians is another issue, will Libirated Lebanon make them citisents or still try to force them back to West Bank

this has potential to get very ugly if the worst case... Hopefully it doesnt go that way.

JoesHO
03-14-2005, 06:20 PM
I like the reverend farwell keep praying for armageddon, it is the only way to achieve true peace.! :zoinks: :cryin:

Mike AI
03-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Mar 14 2005, 06:13 PM
part of the previous agreements for Syrian pull out had to do with Hezzbellah disarming. Will that ever happen ??

All the other groups were diarmed, so now there is a small army inside a country with virtually no army.

Palestians is another issue, will Libirated Lebanon make them citisents or still try to force them back to West Bank

this has potential to get very ugly if the worst case... Hopefully it doesnt go that way.

This is the flaw of the UN.

Only people who keep UN agreements are the good guys. The bad guys NEVER live up to agreement, and they never have to face the consequences.

The UN is a farce.

Almighty Colin
03-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 14 2005, 05:30 PM
Even if we have to recognize Hezzbellah as a political party.
Strange times indeed.

Nickatilynx
03-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Mar 14 2005, 03:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Mar 14 2005, 03:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slavdogg@Mar 14 2005, 06:13 PM

Only people who keep UN agreements are the good guys. The bad guys NEVER live up to agreement, and they never have to face the consequences.

The UN is a farce. [/b][/quote]
The US I believe has constantkly not lived up to its agreements on matters of funding it.

So the US are the "Bad Guys" then?

Mike AI
03-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 14 2005, 07:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 14 2005, 07:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 14 2005, 03:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-slavdogg@Mar 14 2005, 06:13 PM

The UN is a farce.
The US I believe has constantkly not lived up to its agreements on matters of funding it.

So the US are the "Bad Guys" then? [/b][/quote]

Colin, funding is a moot issue - it would not change the reality of the world.

The US gov't cannot even fund itself!

Nickatilynx
03-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Mar 14 2005, 04:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Mar 14 2005, 04:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 14 2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 14 2005, 03:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-slavdogg@Mar 14 2005, 06:13 PM

The UN is a farce.

So the US are the "Bad Guys" then?

Colin, funding is a moot issue - it would not change the reality of the world.

The US gov't cannot even fund itself! [/b][/quote]
Ok...so now I'm bald , thinner and smarter.

done deal! ;-)

grimm
03-15-2005, 01:06 AM
we should put em in camps. Guam has milked off our teet for long enough. Lets make it "camp charlie" and start lining up the dog cages

;)

Mike AI
03-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by grimm@Mar 15 2005, 01:07 AM
we should put em in camps. Guam has milked off our teet for long enough. Lets make it "camp charlie" and start lining up the dog cages

;)
Who?

grimm
03-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Mar 14 2005, 10:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Mar 14 2005, 10:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Mar 15 2005, 01:07 AM

;)
Who? [/b][/quote]
I think its next to rhode island ;)

Almighty Colin
03-15-2005, 06:49 AM

;)
My father was stationed there when I was a baby. One day a Japanese soldier who had been hiding out for 25 years after the end of World War II walked out of the jungle and surrendered.

Mike AI
03-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Mar 15 2005, 06:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Mar 15 2005, 06:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Mar 15 2005, 01:07 AM

;)
My father was stationed there when I was a baby. One day a Japanese soldier who had been hiding out for 25 years after the end of World War II walked out of the jungle and surrendered. [/b][/quote]

I think I saw the movie!

sharky
03-16-2005, 07:49 AM

;)
haha! Guam is near and dear to my heart. I graduated High school there! But all the hell with it. I like the sound of Camp Charlie.

sharky
03-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Mar 15 2005, 06:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Mar 15 2005, 06:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Mar 15 2005, 01:07 AM

;)
My father was stationed there when I was a baby. One day a Japanese soldier who had been hiding out for 25 years after the end of World War II walked out of the jungle and surrendered. [/b][/quote]
he walked out into modern civilization. he had no idea the war was over.. Many of those he surrendered to were babies when he went into hiding.

Almighty Colin
03-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by sharky+Mar 16 2005, 07:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharky @ Mar 16 2005, 07:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Mar 15 2005, 06:50 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Mar 15 2005, 01:07 AM

;)
My father was stationed there when I was a baby. One day a Japanese soldier who had been hiding out for 25 years after the end of World War II walked out of the jungle and surrendered.
he walked out into modern civilization. he had no idea the war was over.. Many of those he surrendered to were babies when he went into hiding. [/b][/quote]
Probably just trying to get away from his wife.