PDA

View Full Version : The Official March Madness

grimm
03-13-2005, 07:09 PM
I have created a group on ESPN tourney challenge

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage

Grooup name : Down with the madness
Password: letmeinbitches

Anyone who wants to enter, go for it. it will be fun to have a large group.

so go to

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage

and sign up for free now!

Can we make this a sticky for the month?:)

Nickatilynx
03-13-2005, 07:22 PM
done , and even I will sign up later :)

grimm
03-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 13 2005, 04:23 PM
done , and even I will sign up later :)
word:)

can't wait to see who you pick, if you need help with the 50 states, i know all the capitals;)

nickdark
03-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Me too..plus blatant sig whoreing !

My first "trick" so be gentle Nick! :matey:

cj
03-13-2005, 07:47 PM
is this sport related?! :unsure:

great, the months of football (or whatever sport it is!) threads have started :rolleyes:

I guess its time to get involvd and start adding hot sportsmen to the celeb sites :biglaugh:

Nickatilynx
03-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by nickdark@Mar 13 2005, 04:47 PM

Feel free mate!!

You are entitled. You are one of the best supporters of Oprano and its sponsors. :)

Chat next week over some stuff? ;-)

grimm
03-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 13 2005, 04:48 PM

great, the months of football (or whatever sport it is!) threads have started :rolleyes:

I guess its time to get involvd and start adding hot sportsmen to the celeb sites :biglaugh:
its the NCAA mens basketball tournament, this coming weekend there will be 49 games in a 4 day period:)

hence March madness.

it involves a round orange ball, and a basket. you throw the ball into the basket. you can even watch it in the kitchen, when you are doing your womanly duties, or while you do your nails, so i think you'll like it:)

grimm
03-13-2005, 08:04 PM
as a helper, here are the rules and how things are scored.

Playing Men's Tournament Challenge is a breeze. Follow this step by step sign-up process and you'll be dancing it up in no time. Or, see below (step 3), for help on filling out your bracket in preparation for the big dance.

Step 1 - Entering The Game
To enter, fill out the free game registration. After registering, you are ready to play the Men's Tournament Challenge. A valid ESPN username and password will be used as an identifier to login to game play, and to keep track of your entry's score and standing. If you've had an ESPN account in the past but forgot it, here's how to find your account information. After you have logged in, click on the "Create Entry" link on the game's frontpage and you're off and running. Remember, new this year, participants can create up to five entries in the game!
Avoid March Sadness
Create up to 5 entries!

Step 2 - Naming your Entry (Optional)
Before filling out your bracket give your entry some character and assign it a name. Once you've clicked the "Create Entry" button, you will be forwarded to a screen that will ask you to name your entry. Your entry name will consist of two components: a location (most often where you reside), and a nickname. Once you have named your team, click on the "Submit Entry Name". You will have the opportunity to change your entry name at any point during the game by clicking the "Settings" link on your entry page.

Step 3 - Make your selections (Available March 13, 2005)
Before the release of the official tournament bracket on Sunday, March 13th, you will only be able to view your entry page. One hour following the announcement of the tournament match-ups you will have the opportunity to select who you think will win each of the 63 tournament games. The Tournament Challenge provides two means of making your online selections, a flash version and an HTML version.

* Flash Version: You will be directed to fill out each region of the bracket one at a time. Click or drag the team name as far as you think that team will advance. After completing each region you will be prompted to proceed to the next region. Upon completion of all four regions, you will be prompted to fill out the Final Four bracket. Once the bracket is complete, and you have submitted your tiebreaker score for the Championship game, a black Submit button will appear below the Final Pick to submit your picks.

* HTML version: You will be asked to submit the winners of each game round by round. Select the radio button next to the team you think will advance and click on the button at the bottom of the page to continue. Be sure to enter in a score for the Championship Game which will be used in the case of a tie.

Note: You will have the option to edit your entries at any time after they have been initially submitted.

Note: An e-mail reminder will be sent to all entrants who join the game before the brackets are released and who have not submitted their selections.

Step 4 - Creating or Joining a Group (Optional)
You have the option to group yourself with friends, co-workers, or completely random fans by joining or creating a group. Within each group, your entry will be automatically ranked. Most of the groups in Tournament Challenge are public and can be joined at anytime. If you want to play with a specific group of people you know, create a private group and make it only accessible to those whom you have given the group password. To avoid participants swapping one of his/her more successful entries into your group, you may want to consider making your group a "locked" group. After the game has begun, all entries in a "Locked" group cannot leave the group, join a different group, or create a new group. The creator of a group sets the group's name, motto and password. You can move your entry from one group to the next as long as it is before the first game of the tournament. All of this is easily found on the Group Directory.

Step 5 - Accumulating points
Now you are ready to take on the tournament. The object of the game is simple: Correctly pick the winner of the most games in the 63 game tournament. A correct selection in the first round counts as 10 points, and in the second round the point value is doubled. (See the table below for more details about the scoring breakdown).

Contest Scoring Chart
ROUND TEAMS GAMES POINTS/CORRECT PICK POSSIBLE POINTS
1 64 32 10 320
2 32 16 20 320
3 (regional semifinals) 16 8 40 320
4 (regional finals) 8 4 80 320
5 (national semifinals) 4 2 120 240
6 (national finals) 2 1 160 160
Totals -- 63 -- 1680

cj
03-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Mar 13 2005, 08:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Mar 13 2005, 08:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cj@Mar 13 2005, 04:48 PM

its the NCAA mens basketball tournament, this coming weekend there will be 49 games in a 4 day period:)

hence March madness.

it involves a round orange ball, and a basket. you throw the ball into the basket. you can even watch it in the kitchen, when you are doing your womanly duties, or while you do your nails, so i think you'll like it:) [/b][/quote]
LMAO

Not sure which bit is funniest - the fact that I got the sport wrong or the comment you made about me doing womanly duties :lol:

Basketball is ok though - I like that sport and can keep up with the rules ;-)

TheEnforcer
03-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Done and I'm already signed up for the group!!

grimm
03-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by cj+Mar 13 2005, 06:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ Mar 13 2005, 06:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Mar 13 2005, 08:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-cj@Mar 13 2005, 04:48 PM

hence March madness.

it involves a round orange ball, and a basket. you throw the ball into the basket. you can even watch it in the kitchen, when you are doing your womanly duties, or while you do your nails, so i think you'll like it:)
LMAO

Not sure which bit is funniest - the fact that I got the sport wrong or the comment you made about me doing womanly duties :lol:

Basketball is ok though - I like that sport and can keep up with the rules ;-) [/b][/quote]
hahah:) you mean you arent in housewife training?:)

TheEnforcer
03-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Here's some guys from Down Under that play for colleges stateside for CJ and the gang.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatour...tory?id=2011869 (http://sports-att.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney05/news/story?id=2011869)

AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE! OY, OY, OY!
Don't look now, but the boys from Down Under have overrun March Madness. No fewer than five Australian big men are playing key roles on tournament teams. The All-Aussie five:

Andrew Bogut (56) -- ESPN.com's National Player of the Year leads the best Utah team since the 1998 national runner-up. The 7-footer collects 20.7 points and 12.2 rebounds per game.

Daniel Kickert (57) -- The 6-10, 240-pound St. Mary's forward averages 16.6 points and 6.6 rebounds per game, and shoots 48 percent from 3-point range.

Alex Loughton (58) -- The 6-9, 240-pound Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year averages 13.9 points and 8.1 rebounds for Old Dominion. In the CAA final he dropped 28 points and 11 rebounds on Virginia Commonwealth.

Chris Cameron (59) -- Louisiana-Lafayette's 6-11 center contributes 8.1 points and 3.4 boards.

Martin Iti (60) -- Charlotte's 7-foot Sidney native chips in 5.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and a lot of blocked shots.

nickdark
03-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 13 2005, 04:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 13 2005, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nickdark@Mar 13 2005, 04:47 PM

Feel free mate!!

You are entitled. You are one of the best supporters of Oprano and its sponsors. :)

Chat next week over some stuff? ;-) [/b][/quote]
Sure..any time :)

grimm
03-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Mar 13 2005, 08:32 PM
Here's some guys from Down Under that play for colleges stateside for CJ and the gang.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatour...tory?id=2011869 (http://sports-att.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney05/news/story?id=2011869)

AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE! OY, OY, OY!
Don't look now, but the boys from Down Under have overrun March Madness. No fewer than five Australian big men are playing key roles on tournament teams. The All-Aussie five:

Andrew Bogut (56) -- ESPN.com's National Player of the Year leads the best Utah team since the 1998 national runner-up. The 7-footer collects 20.7 points and 12.2 rebounds per game.

Daniel Kickert (57) -- The 6-10, 240-pound St. Mary's forward averages 16.6 points and 6.6 rebounds per game, and shoots 48 percent from 3-point range.

Alex Loughton (58) -- The 6-9, 240-pound Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year averages 13.9 points and 8.1 rebounds for Old Dominion. In the CAA final he dropped 28 points and 11 rebounds on Virginia Commonwealth.

Chris Cameron (59) -- Louisiana-Lafayette's 6-11 center contributes 8.1 points and 3.4 boards.

Martin Iti (60) -- Charlotte's 7-foot Sidney native chips in 5.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and a lot of blocked shots.
Bogut is only a sophmore and was the national player of the year. he is something else, a big man who moves like a guard.

he would easily be the #1 pick in the NBA draft if he comes out.

Evil Chris
03-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Go Niagara Purple Eagles!

Gonna upset Oklahoma tomorrow! hahaha....

grimm
03-16-2005, 05:31 PM
haha chris, that would screw up a lot of brackets

remember you have until first tipoff tomorrow to submit brackets. so submit them ASAP!!!

DrGuile
03-17-2005, 12:24 AM
done, now grimm, how come we arent doing business together?

:agrin:

grimm
03-17-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Mar 16 2005, 09:25 PM
done, now grimm, how come we arent doing business together?

:agrin:
heh i dont know, are we?:)

dantheman
03-17-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm in..................ROLL TIDE ROLL :rokk:

TheEnforcer
03-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by dantheman@Mar 17 2005, 09:48 AM
1st round exit for the Tide baby. Univeristy of Wisconsin- Milwaukee is gonna bounce their ass from the tourney.

dantheman
03-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer+Mar 17 2005, 10:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheEnforcer @ Mar 17 2005, 10:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dantheman@Mar 17 2005, 09:48 AM
1st round exit for the Tide baby. Univeristy of Wisconsin- Milwaukee is gonna bounce their ass from the tourney. [/b][/quote]
it's possible of course, but it shouldnt happen, we have the talent to play with anyone in the tourney but of course you have to play :)

this morning we'll find out.......btw, our entire starting 5 got all SEC honors, has'nt happen since kentuky did it in 66 or something. We have the players, now they have to PLAY :)

mikeyddddd
03-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Sorry, Dan. But, I'm glad I picked UW-Milwaukee.

I'm in the lead with a looooong way to go.

:nyanya:

mikeyddddd
03-20-2005, 12:48 PM
I suck! :cryin:

mikeyddddd
03-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Now I really, really suck!

jessevalentine
03-20-2005, 10:01 PM
sorry i missed all the fun...but my money is on Arizona :rokk:

jessevalentine
03-24-2005, 03:37 PM