PDA

View Full Version : search123 having fun with my cc?

pushpills
03-11-2005, 04:26 PM
these guys used to be a good source of traffic but when they switched to their new interface most of the traffic I've gotten from them has been fraudulent and, unproductive.

so I never advertised with them again. then today I noticed an ad on a certain site, looked at the tracking tag, and noticed it was for search123. I log in, and today they decided to put me on auto billing out of the blue. when I run a report for billing history and try to view it, it says internal error. called em and they just transfer me to a phone that doesn't answer.

switched my cc info to a dead debit card from a cancelled bank account. it was just kinda luck that I noticed it, from the trickle of traffic I got from it I can see they just started doing this today.

thank god I noticed it today and switched the card....it's $350/day of near worthless traffic when turned on. hopefully they dont keep charging my other card.

if you have an account, might wanna log in and look at the "last billed date"

they were a good company till valueclick bought em.

Nickatilynx
03-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Nice heads up , Steve.

mojobill
03-11-2005, 04:42 PM
they definately do NOT have their shit together.....

Within THREE minutes of each, I recieved 3 emails from them about a campaign I was thinking about starting up...

1. Your account balance is low
2. We are appling money against your CC
3. We can not accept your campaign

So... I reply... if you cant accept my campain ( they say they dont take gambling traffic ) WHY the fuck did they debit my account?

nickdark
03-11-2005, 08:22 PM
When were they ever any good in the first place???

pushpills
03-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by nickdark@Mar 11 2005, 07:23 PM
When were they ever any good in the first place???
before valueclick, and before the 5 cent minimum.

I used to make a good 5-6 grand profit a month from my listings there before valueclick bought em. it was a while ago though.