PDA

View Full Version : Stats...the people have spoken...

Nickatilynx
03-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Here is an interesting thing , after reviewing the stats with a fine toothcomb over the last while.

Creating "Drama" does not work here on Oprano

Threads like:

"Brad is a bitch blah blah.."
"Juicy is a bitch...blah blah.."
"Joesho is a homo"
"Confucy is ugly"

Don't work.

Every Opranaut knows our mutual feelings.

And they prolly yawn.

I must say I do nowadays.

Its tired , it lame , its dull

Don't get me wrong , Opranauts love a good piss.

But they want to read a piss starting over different ideas on how to do business , or there ideas how business will be done.

Opranauts savour a real scandal like sextracker and what BillPMB and Aeon have said about Adultcheck.

They don't it seems want nor enjoy the same recycled bullshit.Seriously even I am beginging to skip those threads lol

I think it says something postive for Opranauts.

They want business chat! Not drama for the sake of it.

Its a reflection how the business is changing maybe?

Its a sign of growth maturity and developement?

Or maybe I'm wrong over this?

If I am . you can all suck my dick :)

sextoyking
03-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Well said Nick.

I don't visit too many boards and oprano is def. not a drama board. Good Discussions, Good People, Good ideas :)

JR
03-10-2005, 12:36 PM
i agree Nick. I think it gets quite boring and repetitive and i love drama just as much as anyone. i was a bit troubled at the increasingly frequent use of the word and concept of "family" with the increasing drama and childish attacks at the same time. suddenly, it felt like i had a bunch of cousins i try to avoid at family gatherings.

:P

gonzo
03-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by JR@Mar 10 2005, 12:37 PM
i agree Nick. I think it gets quite boring and repetitive and i love drama just as much as anyone. i was a bit troubled at the increasingly frequent use of the word and concept of "family" with the increasing drama and childish attacks at the same time. suddenly, it felt like i had a bunch of cousins i try to avoid at family gatherings.

:P
Who brought the watermellon?

Newton
03-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Very well said Nick, personally I don't come here for any potential drama.

I like the people, the board and the business that is done here and it is a most refreshing change.

There is so much knowledge out there and so much to learn, drama for drama's sake only dilutes what is being built.

SykkBoy
03-10-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm totally burnt out on drama and pissing...
I have too much going on in my own life without having the time to give a fuck if someone said something bad about someone's mother...

while a good piss can be fun, often pissing these days is done just for the sake of pissing

if I want drama, I'll just start dating 18 year old goth girls on the side

Peaches
03-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Might want to check out the page views on the processing thread :awinky:

Dravyk
03-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 10 2005, 12:14 PM

All valid points, Nick! ... Except the one above.

Industry does not equal Oprano. Oprano is the top 5 percent, IMHO.

There are other boards out there that, ahem, nicely represent the rest of the 95 percent.

Thing is, do even they equal the industry either? Closer perhaps, but still I think not. I think it's the combo, 100% that does.

So is the industry maturing because Opranonauts are selective in the pisses that draw their attention? Naw. We're just over-the-hill, er, um, I mean, "mature" here already is all. :)

gonzo
03-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk+Mar 10 2005, 02:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ Mar 10 2005, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Mar 10 2005, 12:14 PM

All valid points, Nick! ... Except the one above.

Industry does not equal Oprano. Oprano is the top 5 percent, IMHO.

There are other boards out there that, ahem, nicely represent the rest of the 95 percent.

Thing is, do even they equal the industry either? Closer perhaps, but still I think not. I think it's the combo, 100% that does.

So is the industry maturing because Opranonauts are selective in the pisses that draw their attention? Naw. We're just over-the-hill, er, um, I mean, "mature" here already is all. :) [/b][/quote]
Maybe its that weve figured out the profit margin on piss isnt as high as it used to be.

*KK*
03-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Back in the dinosaur days, pissing was fun because there were witty, intelligent, sarcastic, cutting comments being bandied about at near light speed sometimes.

Now we seem to be left with the phallicly challenged, uneducated megalomaniac who can't seem to string together anything more than three words in succession without resorting to vulgar name calling and racial slurs.

Vick
03-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Mar 10 2005, 02:06 PM
I'll just start dating 18 year old goth girls on the side
Ahem

That territory is already covered on the East Coast

You'll have to take the Vegas Franchise

:awinky:

Vick
03-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 10 2005, 04:05 PM
Maybe its that weve figured out the profit margin on piss isnt as high as it used to be.
Not according to Squirt Bucks :P

Thats not my tongue in a piss post

Biggy
03-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Mar 10 2005, 01:32 PM
Back in the dinosaur days, pissing was fun because there were witty, intelligent, sarcastic, cutting comments being bandied about at near light speed sometimes.

Now we seem to be left with the phallicly challenged, uneducated megalomaniac who can't seem to string together anything more than three words in succession without resorting to vulgar name calling and racial slurs.
not just the education, but the fact that the people were successful, smart, and most importantly - actually mattered.

nowadays, you get fights between nobodies, and well, who wants to see that, except other nobodies and people who have too much time on their hands.

JoesHO
03-10-2005, 07:20 PM

I thought you liked me, why you call me all those things one would only find in a thesuarus

now I gotta get a translator damnit!!!!!

cj
03-10-2005, 07:28 PM
I think its just this year .... we are all too busy working to piss .... (too much)

Brandon's Granny
03-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Nick...as my Son so rightly said...

" Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

Welcome back , My Son

gonzo
03-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by God@Mar 10 2005, 08:36 PM
Nick...as my Son so rightly said...

" Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

Welcome back , My Son
Oh shit Serge is into the Coppla again!

Vick
03-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Biggy+Mar 10 2005, 06:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggy @ Mar 10 2005, 06:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*KK*@Mar 10 2005, 01:32 PM

not just the education, but the fact that the people were successful, smart, and most importantly - actually mattered.

nowadays, you get fights between nobodies, and well, who wants to see that, except other nobodies and people who have too much time on their hands. [/b][/quote]
Biggy - one aspect you're missing from pissing in the dinosaur days

You could be a relative unknown and make $$$ (and a name) with a good piss (at a big target further up the food chain) if you had the right stuff

A few did back circa 97-early 99

Now I don't see that happening

Elli
03-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I agree, Nicky. It's so quiet and unassuming here, but very informative. :)

aeon
03-12-2005, 02:43 PM
If you people actually think outing & reminding the herds about crooks & their lackeys is pissing to "make a name for yourself", you deserve to be stolen from. The next time someone screws you or the people you know, you should just quietly take it and smile.

It’s called pissing with a purpose & if some toes have to be stepped on, then so fucking be it.

MaDalton
03-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Mar 10 2005, 11:06 AM
emotional unstable girls contribute a lot to my loss of hair and a potential early death.

Trev
03-12-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm back posting again so the total IQ of the board just dropped 130+ points. So check your stats again in a week or so :P

grimm
03-13-2005, 02:01 AM

hey i don't use racial slurs!

grimm
03-13-2005, 02:02 AM
except for jews. but im allowed.

jewphin.

grimm
03-13-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by MaDalton+Mar 12 2005, 03:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MaDalton @ Mar 12 2005, 03:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Mar 10 2005, 11:06 AM
emotional unstable girls contribute a lot to my loss of hair and a potential early death. [/b][/quote]
:inlove: emotionally unstable girls. :inlove:

:blink:

*KK*
03-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Mar 12 2005, 11:03 PM
except for jews. but im allowed.

jewphin.
Haha, at least yours are creative and show a flair for the English language. Unlike the idiot,