PDA

View Full Version : CanSpam is unconstitutional....

sarettah
03-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Realized it the other day as I was driving in to work.

Most of the provisions (at least that have been the most public) are in direct violation of the first amendment.

long to short... If I have to identify what the message is before I deliver it with the intention being that you can block my message because you don't want to hear it, then how come Jehovah's witnesses don't have to wear a sign identifying themselves when they come to my door ?

Mike AI
03-09-2005, 10:29 AM
The courts treat commercial messages much differently the political/religious messages.

TheEnforcer
03-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 9 2005, 10:30 AM
The courts treat commercial messages much differently the political/religious messages.
And they treat commercial spam they can make a shitload of money off of differently than those they don't.

:steemed:

Nickatilynx
03-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 9 2005, 07:30 AM
EXACTLY!!!!!

So basically Mike if I spammed the living crap out of

http://www.churchoftomorrow.com

And then Solicited for donations to help build the Church...

It would deliver supreme unction right up the Gov'ts ass ?

:)

( OK , I haven't actually had the nerve to do anything with itr I did toy with it , but my wife said " You WILL go to hell for that" And my business partners basically said.."Look we've done some evil shit in our time , but we will SOOOOO be right by the fire if we try something like that"

It was tempting when I found out that most charities eat up 70 cents on the dollar of donations in admin and mangement fees...and its fucking LEGAL!!!!)

:yowsa:

but it is so tempting....so , so , tempting.

I am however thinking of doing it for a political party I may be affiliated with...

that I truly believe in the values of....just being formulated ...globally...its a political party that treats the world globally and believes eventually the world we be governed by a World Council...its mad...but possible...

swank
03-11-2005, 09:23 PM
What was the reason behind can-spam? Corporate Takeover of mail marketing. Its more than apparent, the big guys want to push the little guys out, all of us mailing UCE and even those of us mailing compliant! If you research and or actually participate in the industry youll find what ive said to be pretty interesting.

nlphoto
03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Mar 9 2005, 06:05 AM

long to short... If I have to identify what the message is before I deliver it with the intention being that you can block my message because you don't want to hear it, then how come Jehovah's witnesses don't have to wear a sign identifying themselves when they come to my door ?
http://www.spectrumz.com/z/images/knocker.jpg

Anti Jehovah's Witness Knocker... credit to original poster, Vick... B)

sarettah
03-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 9 2005, 12:48 PM
but it is so tempting....so , so , tempting.

If you don't... I am...seriously.

It is a great idea and the proper time for it is probably just about upon us....

I had an epiphany last night about something else...One of those either I am a fucking stupid idiot or I have just discovered a big potential that it appears evryone else hasn't seen yet type ideas... Almost called you about it.. Still might.