PDA

View Full Version : No Google, it's not a virus, it's an application .

sarettah
03-09-2005, 01:39 AM
"Google Error

We're sorry...
... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google. "

:headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

I run a little program I wrote that pulls in various search engine results and lets me know where my domains sit for various keywords. Been running the thing on a regular basis for over a fucking year. Even has a user -agent that ids it as a bot and they finally realize that I'm sending automated requests ??? AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

Worst part of it is they aren't blocking the app, just my fucking browser :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

Hell Puppy
03-09-2005, 02:31 AM
Yeah, Google has recently put in some fairly nasty little updates.

It's darned good at detecting anything even remotely resembling position monitoring software. Worse yet, if it detects what domains you're trying to track, it'll penalize them.

That's made it a bitch to figure out the tweaks they did with the massive re-index they did first week of February. It took me better part of a month to decypher it.

sarettah
03-09-2005, 07:45 AM
hmm.. well, then I guess I'm gonna have to throw a few pauses in and make the user agent look like a browser and throw in some odd referral strings here and there and then bounce the requests across a few different ips....

I hate having to figure ways around but hell if 'm going back to clicking through pages :yowsa:

Dravyk
03-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Speaking of which, hit me up, Sare. :)

Nickatilynx
03-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Mar 9 2005, 11:33 AM
Dravyk ,

He told you already.."Two weeks"...seeesh some pronounced foreheaded, non balding people are sooo slow on the uptake.

brand0n
03-09-2005, 03:35 PM
would proxys solve your prob?

Dravyk
03-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Mar 9 2005, 02:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Mar 9 2005, 02:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Mar 9 2005, 11:33 AM
Dravyk ,

He told you already.."Two weeks"...seeesh some pronounced foreheaded, non balding people are sooo slow on the uptake. [/b][/quote]
Out damned spot! I wasn't talking to you! :P

sarettah
03-09-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by brand0n@Mar 9 2005, 03:36 PM
would proxys solve your prob?
well, thats what I meant by bouncing through different ips... so yeah some good proxies might help (although I have a few available to me already) :)

sarettah
03-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Mar 9 2005, 02:33 PM
I will a bit later... No icq on this box and I am stuck here for a while yet :(