PDA

View Full Version : M3 Server down again

Cleo
03-07-2005, 11:26 PM
I was pleasantly asleep when I got woken up by my tranny neighbor because her site was down.

WTF M3 Server is down again. :(

Now what is their excuse this time?

pushpills
03-07-2005, 11:27 PM
i'll have to desig if the support is poor.

reply in the tread when you hear back.

sarettah
03-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Mar 7 2005, 11:28 PM
i'll have to desig if the support is poor.

reply in the tread when you hear back.
Their support is usually great (imho). This time though I can't even reach www.simplecom.net which means everything is down at their end. So, can't even get an email through.

:(

JoesHO
03-08-2005, 12:14 AM
someone try to call him yet ?

sarettah
03-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Doesn't matter atthis point Joe...

It's back up. Not sure when it came back up.

The Other Steve
03-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Marie and I were once staunch supporters of M3 and had our dedicated box with them.

Now we are not and now we don't.

Cleo
03-08-2005, 02:57 PM
No world from them on why they were down. I sent an e-mail and they have not responded.

Fuck changing hosts is a nightmare…

The Other Steve
03-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Cleo@Mar 8 2005, 11:58 AM
No world from them on why they were down. I sent an e-mail and they have not responded.

Fuck changing hosts is a nightmare…
Our experience in the last 12 months with M3 was that if we emailed tech support to get something done, or to ask a question, nothing seemed to be done unless we also CC'd the email to Chris in billing.

Chris would then either do the job himself or apply some pressure to tech support to get them to get off their bums and do it.

In those last 12 months the only time we began to get messages from tech support seemed to be after we told them we were moving hosts.

We found that situation really really sad because when we first signed up with them they were the best but several years down the track the wheels seemed to fall off.

Cleo
03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Chris wrote me saying that the city had a power failure.

I ask what happened to their emergency power generators?

My LL domain would be a fucking nightmare to move with as many custom scripts that I have running on that server and all the installed support files on that server.

My other server just has plan html stuff on it and is my more expensive server so I am really thinking of moving that one.

The Other Steve
03-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Cleo@Mar 8 2005, 01:02 PM
Chris wrote me saying that the city had a power failure.

I ask what happened to their emergency power generators?

My LL domain would be a fucking nightmare to move with as many custom scripts that I have running on that server and all the installed support files on that server.

My other server just has plan html stuff on it and is my more expensive server so I am really thinking of moving that one.
We hear you there - fortunately by the time we were ready to move Marie had sold off her major link list and the others were small enough not to be much of a hassle.

When we did move it wasn't as seamless as we would have hoped but we got over it and now it's nice to get an almost instant response to any problem we have.

Last night our time - early AM with our host - we had an issue with our incoming email. We emailed tech support and 5 minutes later the problem was fixed and we had been told that the problem was fixed.

When Marie asked for an explanation the tech responded in a couple of minutes with a full and easily understood explanation of what had caused the problem and what he had done to rectify it.

That was a new experience for us.