Newspaper /print advertising
Billboard advertising
TV advertising
Direct Snail Mail advertising

For any of your sites?

If so , how did it do?

pushpills
03-03-2005, 12:47 PM
some small colleges actually let me put an ad in their newpaper for 10 bucks for an adult site. I sent the traffic to CE and it converted great. This was along time ago.

Basically, the students ran the paper, so I went in and told them I wanted my url in there and that they have run ads for people asking for "nude models" before, so they have to run mine.

One was the local college I attended for a little over a year, 30 thousand + students and they distributed the papers all over for free. 10 bucks a week, made some good scratch for a 16 yr old.

Present time, none, but am looking into radio ads for a non adult product. Print advertising in major papers is pretty expensive.

Mr Benn
03-03-2005, 01:03 PM
The latest snail mail experiment i tried didn't quite meet the target response rate. Only had a 1:40 response - i'm putting this down to a dodgy database supplier though, as the demographics of people in it where way off compared to data i fully trust. The campaign consisted of a letter with a unique "Access Code" linked to each person, which they had to type in to enter the site. Will be doing more along those lines in the future though.

Other campaigns with CD's are getting a 1:15 -> 1:25 response, which is fine :)

I would be very interested in working with Adult DVD suppliers on some direct snail mail marketing to some of my old member data etc.