PDA

View Full Version : Domain

Sidorino
03-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Hello everybody!I`ve got a question and I hope you will help me...I want to start my business,and i was wondering...Does the name of your site REALLY influences on the number of sales.I mean for example Sexhere.com OR sexhere.noob.com...The secon question is- how much does the domain cost...If you can please give the list of prices for domains of all "levels".Thx Much! :)

Almighty Colin
03-01-2005, 04:13 PM
It could but I'd say it is the least of your concerns. Traffic, conversions, retentions. Repeat.l

Newton
03-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Check out www.directnic.com for domain names and prices. They are very professional and secure :okthumb:

sarettah
03-01-2005, 07:28 PM
What domain do you want to buy ?

I'll sell you any domain name you want for $100.00 USD...

but that offer is only good today.. after today they go back to the usual price of $10k...

Just send the money to my paypal account (under my alias "completelyanonymous") and I'll get you set up. Just let me know where to send the certificate of ownership.......

:yowsa:

(j/k...Newton pointed you in the right direction)

Sidorino
03-02-2005, 01:41 AM
Sarettah,unfortunately,i can`t decide right now,because the business plan is not finished yet,a nd the second thing is,that I need to consult partners first,but thx anyway!

sarettah
03-02-2005, 02:18 AM
Man.... :(

I was joking.

Domains from a registrar cost from around $6.95 through maybe $35.00 depending on the registrar and what services they offer. Directnic (as Newton stated) is a good choice of registrar. They provide good service, cost $15.00 for a .com or .net registration and have an easy to use front end.

If you want a domain that already exists, then you have to dicker with the folks that own it and then the price will be whatever they decide it is.

If you are just getting started, then like Colin said, your emphasis is on building sites and traffic, not on building a brand. So you go grab a domain name (if it is gonna have adult stuff get a name that sounds adult) There are still plenty of pretty good domain names out there, you just got to be a little creative.

As far as search engines go, the domain name can play a key in how they position your site. IT has been my experience that a keyword rich domain name gets positioned better than a non keyworded name. However, that can give a longer domain name which takes it out of the ranks of a "type in". Type ins are preferred for direct surfer traffic because they are easy to type without making a typo. From what I know, a type in is considred to be 5 characters or less long, but good type ins are hard to come up with these days...

Like I said though, a little creative thinking can get you a good usable domain name that can be used as you learn the ropes and start building traffic and sales. Once you have that going, then you can worry about brand building and all that stuff.

Just my two cents....

Newton
03-02-2005, 02:50 AM
Good advice :okthumb:

Sidorino
03-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Thx much for your advices!!Now the theme is to find a good processor and to choose a name.

brand0n
03-02-2005, 10:00 PM
completelyanonymous@.....??
tryed to send the 100 and it woudlnt let me

sarettah
03-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Sidorino@Mar 2 2005, 12:38 PM
Thx much for your advices!!Now the theme is to find a good processor and to choose a name.
A processor ? For what ?

What are you planning to build ?

What will be the content ?

Where will the traffic be coming from ?

If a paysite is what you are planning then you would need a processor but, it would probably behoove you to hang around and learn a bit about the biz first...

again, just my opinion.......