PDA

View Full Version : Solo girl question: In light of the new drama

JoesHO
02-28-2005, 11:04 AM
It begs this question.

When setting up solo girl sites, should a revshare percentage be the basis for the model/producer relationship?

Or is it better to pay a model a guaranteeed fee under contract then the site owner deals with how and what the sites make. ?

now there are many sides to this question

1.) as a Model what would make you stay in the relationship longer and more productivly?

2.) as a producer do you need the model for a limited time only anyway and feel that revshare gives her too much power?

3.) as a producer do you feel that the best way to keep them involved and happy is to allow a revshare based on performance of the sites revenues?

4.) as a model do you feel that if the site makes money and you were paid a pultry sum ( in comparrison to the revenue the site generated ) how eager will you be to keep in the relationship? or will you look to move on ?

Nickatilynx
02-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Feb 28 2005, 08:05 AM
It begs this question.

When setting up solo girl sites, should a revshare percentage be the basis for the model/producer relationship?

Or is it better to pay a model a guaranteeed fee under contract then the site owner deals with how and what the sites make. ?

1.) as a Model what would make you stay in the relationship longer and more productivly?

2.) as a producer do you need the model for a limited time only anyway and feel that revshare gives her too much power?

3.) as a producer do you feel that the best way to keep them involved and happy is to allow a revshare based on performance of the sites revenues?

4.) as a model do you feel that if the site makes money and you were paid a pultry sum ( in comparrison to the revenue the site generated ) how eager will you be to keep in the relationship? or will you look to move on ?
As a person who only reads oprano...

What drama?

NickPapageorgio
02-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 28 2005, 08:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 28 2005, 08:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JoesHO1@Feb 28 2005, 08:05 AM
It begs this question.

What drama? [/b][/quote]
Long story short...from what I gathered from the information presented...

Tawny Stone wants out. Lightspeed offered her a pretty nice severance package I thought (ofcourse I do not deal with models so I don't know if it was comparable with what models usually get) She didn't like the deal and is bitching she wants more money bla bla bla.

Basically, she wants to do nothing for the next year and have all her bills paid is what I got out of it. Steve thinks that she has made enough over the past couple years while in her spotlight and offered her like 2K per month severance.

I am sure I may have missed something though...

DrGuile
02-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 28 2005, 11:06 AM

What drama?
You read my mind ;)

Monk
02-28-2005, 11:35 AM
you mean the fake drama?

pushpills
02-28-2005, 11:41 AM
link?

Nickatilynx
02-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Seriously , all these people that say "I don't read gfy""I'm not gonna post on gfy"...well I don't lol.

I find if something really important happens I'll find out the gist here , without having to read through reems of posts by people who really haven't a clue but have a high post count.

On Oprano I read every post.

On GFY before I just gave up reading , maybe..just maybe 1 in 50 were worth reading.And people tell me its worse.

JoesHO
02-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 28 2005, 08:46 AM
Seriously , all these people that say "I don't read gfy""I'm not gonna post on gfy"...well I don't lol.

I find if something really important happens I'll find out the gist here , without having to read through reems of posts by people who really haven't a clue but have a high post count.

On Oprano I read every post.

On GFY before I just gave up reading , maybe..just maybe 1 in 50 were worth reading.And people tell me its worse.
It had gotten worse, since I pulled out too.

for some reason people still like to icq me the info though....

and as someone setting up solo girl sites, I am curious as to what the braintrust here at Oprano has to say about the merrits of what the drama seems to be about.

I have not read GFY ( other than an occassional link sent to me here and there )
in something like two weeks or more now ....

amazing as to how much more work I have accomplished in that time....

:okthumb:

and you are right if it is anything worth looking at, someone will either send me the link, or I will hear about it here first.

I feel like an ex crack addict that has entered a monestary LOL

Allen
02-28-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Feb 28 2005, 08:05 AM
It begs this question.

JoesHO1,

The reality is (for us anyway), it's never worth talking to the girls about revshare, profit sharing blah blah blah...I'm all about treating them nice etc, but at the end of the day I want to pay them the least amount of upfront $$'s , shoot the living shit out of them, and not worry about when their next boyfriend/pimp tells her she's worth more.

Elli
02-28-2005, 08:46 PM
I've tried to run a few solo sites for girls, and they are notoriously flakey. If the girl doesn't want any part of the day to day maintenance or marketing, I found it's best just to pay them per shoot. Look at how popular the site is and drivide the income by updates to find an average of what each shoot pulls in, then go by that (to keep up with changes in revenue over time) and figure out a percentage that you both think is fair. But then the girl can still flake out over time, suddeny and without warning, and there you are with no more model. *shrug*

grimm
02-28-2005, 09:40 PM
negotiate a per shoot fee. make it reasonable, but not over the top. don't promise the moon if you aren't going to deliver it. shoot as much content as you can in as short of a time as possible. in theory, by the time the solo girl site takes off enough for the model to make a fuss about it, the site owner will have enough content to not worry about it too much. Explain that it is a business and a contract is binding. anything the owner wants to do after the business relationship is severed is gravy. If i were this Steve guy, i wouldn't pay any severence. chances are she made bank if she was one of his top models. If she were smart she would have waylayed it into some sort of investment into her future. Its not your boss' probalem to take care of you after the contract is severed, unless it was within the original contract.

Hell Puppy
03-01-2005, 12:08 AM
First off, the Tawnee Stone thing....

GFY's signal to noise ratio is too high to actually read and keep up with, but that thread did lure me over. Here's what I've gathered from the threads.

Tawnee is a bit of a prima donna. This isn't surprising when she was showered with all that attention and good money as an 18 year old. She's now 22. But while Lightspeed largely demands and gets the other girls to update their own journals, do appearances, cam shows, a bit of hardcore, etc, Tawnee would do none of it. If you've dealt with models in a group, you know how much strife is created if one things the other is getting preferential treatment.

Furthermore, reading between the lines, I think Steve considers Tawnee at the end of her run or at least the end of any growth of the site unless he can get her to do hardcore. He offered $25K for a single POV shoot, she turned it down.

She made $130K last year, which I'm sure is more than many of his employees. Yet she pretty much wants to do nothing but the occasional softcore shoot. Steve opted not to renew her contract this year. He did offer her $2K per month in severence to NOT shoot for anyone else.

She's a free agent if she wants to be. But Steve's no fool. He's got a couple of years of unseen content in the can for continued updates, and he has copyrighted the name Tawnee Stone. So if she wants to go free agent, she cant use that name or even reference it without his permission.

I haven't heard the final outcome. I quit reading.

With the limitations of softcore only and not being able to leverage the Tawnee Stone name and her lack of desire to put any personality into the site, I dont see her being able to easily pull $24K from anyone else....let alone the 6 figures she was accustomed too.

Hell Puppy
03-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Feb 28 2005, 11:05 AM
It begs this question.

We've done it many different ways.

The easiest and least painful is just pay 'em for the shoots with no taste of the back end. To pull this off, if you catch one with talent and worthy of building a site around, shoot 'em early, shoot 'em often. Take a month or so and get enough content to span the lifetime of the site.

Most girls cant see beyond the cash in hand, so they tend to like this method. If you do a royalty agreement, unless her site is already going where there's a big check coming every month, she'll still want to be paid for the shoot. The girl who will spend much time shooting for "future considerations" is very very rare.

The downside of this method is you get no participation in the site for things like webcams, etc. And also, unless you keep paying her one way or another, it's tough to maintain exclusive rights. You dont wanna spend 6 months marketing her as the girl next door only to find her on some other guys site doing a gang bang and bukkake.

Royalties can incent additional participation, but the girls who have the personality and the smarts to actually do it are rare.

There's a downside to that too. I've got girls that we cut a good check to every month with royalties, but we haven't seen 'em for so much as a shoot let alone any participation in 4-5 years.

With all that said, I'll say that getting in business with models is not for the meek.

Sabby
03-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Well Im going to be on my site til Im 80!!!

I got a good plastic surgeon and hair dresser. :)

Sabby:)

Jace
03-01-2005, 02:02 AM
tawnee decided it was in her best interest to stay with lightspeed for another year

Dravyk
03-01-2005, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Sabby@Mar 1 2005, 01:57 AM
I got a good plastic surgeon and hair dresser. :)
I'm hoping those are two separate people. :)

JoesHO
03-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all the input....

definatly some good food for thought .

Titan
03-01-2005, 02:23 PM
you need to talk to the girl first joe - if shes already a net person - ie she uses it a lot and is active a lot then go with the revshare and get her personality on the site and push her as a person aswell - people who feel they get to know the girls will rebill more often than on a site with no personality

Otherwise its a pay per shoot - just make sure u get enough content to make it worth while having a site with her name on it before she bails out and gets flakey

Single Girl models are prone to be hard to manage and get a bighead quite quick with some fame .. also they can get bitchy over anything - her sites prettier than mine - shes got more members than me .. blah blah blah ..